JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Its Not about the nail

Pretty much sums it up :)

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Vinnie said:

The way men and women think. Do you agree or disagree with the video?  

What's the man version of this video?

A man with a hammer that 'fixes' everything?

:lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Not saying all women are the same but my experience is...they often don’t say what they mean and we’re left to try and interpret it correctly (or else).:surrender:

Sisters please don’t attack me. That’s just been my experience, and evidently many others as well. 

Many men I know have a number of idiosyncrasies as well. :peace:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

2 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

Not saying all women are the same but my experience is...they often don’t say what they mean and we’re left to try and interpret it correctly (or else).:surrender:

Sisters please don’t attack me. That’s just been my experience, and evidently many others as well. 

Many men I know have a number of idiosyncrasies as well. :peace:

What's interesting to me is that if a woman *is* the sort that says what she means, it's often interpreted by men as being bossy or non-submissive.. at least that's been my experience.  :(  Brothers seem to prefer women who dissemble... then complain about them later.  But they actually like the flighty challenge - it's seen as feminine or "that's just the little woman".

Edited by Hope

3 minutes ago, Hope said:

What's interesting to me is that if a woman *is* the sort that says what she means, it's often interpreted by men as being bossy or non-submissive

That could be true. You would notice that more than I would.

Speaking of submissive. In bible times when instruction about submissiveness was discussed,  the husband wife relationship was different (I think), than it is today. Today in this modern, much more liberal world, submission is a very negative connotation. I've know hundreds of brothers and sisters and very few are submissive in the biblical sense. It more of a partnership and in many cases the woman has more control. I'm not complaining....just observing. 

I think women have been viewed as property, abused, or dominated for way too long. It seems when something is unbalanced it has a tendancy to eventually swing to the other extreme.

Nowadays we're faced with so many decisions in  stressful situations that can challenge a partnership. In the new world those conditions won't exist. That alone will take a tremendous strain off of male/female relationships.....I hope. :squeeze: 

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

image.png.6a462317b90803ef67fb70d694a3d13c.png

MARS

VENUS

Don’t offer unsolicited advice to Martians because men would feel incompetent otherwise. Don’t try to change a man’s behaviour when he makes a mistake. Don’t offer solutions to problems Venusians have, just give support (and a hug) and let her talk. Don’t try to change her feelings from bad to good by offering a solution, or you’ll probably invalidate her feelings.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

An elder in my hall is known for giving Wedding talks.

He HAS NOT / WILL NOT perform the Wedding Talk unless both Brother and Sister have read this book, "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus."  When he is asked...he gives them each a book, has them read and discuss each chapter.  Then he reviews it with them.  He says it's too important to take lightly.

After several years...as far as I know, all couples are still happily married.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

It's a good book; I've read it.  Just that everything doesn't apply to men and women equally or across the board.  There are plenty of women who'd like a solution to their problems, not just talk about them.  There are plenty of men who appreciate constructive feedback.

Humility is the ingredient to make those truisims properly balanced.

2 hours ago, Brenda said:

An elder in my hall is known for giving Wedding talks.

He HAS NOT / WILL NOT perform the Wedding Talk unless both Brother and Sister have read this book, "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus."  When he is asked...he gives them each a book, has them read and discuss each chapter.  Then he reviews it with them.  He says it's too important to take lightly.

After several years...as far as I know, all couples are still happily married.

Interesting. How does he feel about the Family book?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 hours ago, Hope said:

What's interesting to me is that if a woman *is* the sort that says what she means, it's often interpreted by men as being bossy or non-submissive.. at least that's been my experience.  :(  Brothers seem to prefer women who dissemble... then complain about them later.  But they actually like the flighty challenge - it's seen as feminine or "that's just the little woman".

I like it when a woman is upfront. I find it quite an attractive trait.

I'v not come across women who make you "guess" that often. Though there was a sister in my congregation I took a liking to. For a while she seemed to be alright with my interest, but then went cold. I couldn't tell if she was avoiding, or the shy type. So I took it upon myself to go to her more often, to make it clear that I wanted to try and just know her better as a person, just as a friend to start (else how else would she know?). 

So, after attempting figuring out whether she wanted to know me but was shy or just wasn't interested for a couple of weeks, it came to me through a 3rd party that she wasn't interested.  I thought to myself "why didn't you tell me that yourself"? 

Very easy to misinterpret as she would give me looks far away and smile, as I would her. She even complimented me at times. If she approached us as a group talking, she would stand in rather close proximity sometimes when there was plenty of space. I'd see her talking to her girlfriends, look to me, smile, then look back to her friends and say something then stare again (you know, that gossip, giggle thing they do when talking about people they like :lol:) I was of course the only one to make an initial approach for actual one on one conversation, but as I said, I couldn't tell whether she wanted me to be the "chaser" or otherwise.   

But we get on now, but not beyond acquaintances. I didn't even get the chance to know her as a casual friend before someone informed me of how she really felt. It's odd, sometimes she will still stand close to me in a group, when there is room (perhaps she's not aware?). And then at other times she seems very distant. I only say hello and she will be friendly back, but makes haste to somewhere else. I can't put a finger on it. But I don't approach her anymore though anyway, I only keep things casual and treat her as I'd treat anyone else.  But talk about mixed signals. 

14 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

It's a quote from a film :wink:

Well, people "say" it's from POTC, but it's not. Not once is it uttered. Yet now because one person one day said it was, it spread around the internet that it was a Jack Sparrow quote. Yet, the real origins can't be traced, though it's a very JS style comment. 

I recall saying it myself, then googling it, and then finding out Jack Sparrow was associated with it, though it has never been said in any of the movies. Google it however, and all results say "POTC quote". 

Just like the recent broadcast; "Just because something is 'commonly known' doesn't mean it's actually true."

8 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Very easy to misinterpret as she would give me looks far away and smile, as I would her. She even complimented me at times. If she approached us as a group talking, she would stand in rather close proximity sometimes when there was plenty of space. I'd see her talking to her girlfriends, look to me, smile, then look back to her friends and say something then stare again (you know, that gossip, giggle thing they do when talking about people they like :lol:) I was of course the only one to make an initial approach for actual one on one conversation, but as I said, I couldn't tell whether she wanted me to be the "chaser" or otherwise.   

This sounds like what the comedian Bill Cosby used to say about woman. They say "come here, come here, come here,.....get away, get away, get away." :shrugs: 

PS. Of course now we know Bill Cosby didn't accept "get away" for an answer. :whistling:

Edited by Pjdriver

On 8.11.2017 at 1:12 PM, Pjdriver said:

This sounds like what the comedian Bill Cosby used to say about woman. They say "come here, come here, come here,.....get away, get away, get away." :shrugs: 

Oh now that makes sense. He was thinking when they say "get away" they meant "come here". He thought he'd figured women out. But he was sooooo wrong.

On 8.11.2017 at 7:34 AM, EccentricM said:

Well, people "say" it's from POTC, but it's not. Not once is it uttered. Yet now because one person one day said it was, it spread around the internet that it was a Jack Sparrow quote. Yet, the real origins can't be traced, though it's a very JS style comment. 

Ah okay, interesting. I first thought it was Lewis Carroll from Alice in Wonderland maybe, when I googled it, Jack Sparrow came up and I thought "Ah okay, makes sense, too"