JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Same-Sex Kissing Common In UK Male Students

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4545 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Forget homophobia. A new study finds that same-sex lip-locks among straight men are the norm in British universities and high schools.

The trend reflects a move toward a "nicer, softer" ideal of masculinity, study researcher Eric Anderson told LiveScience. Anderson, a sociologist at Bath University in England, reported the findings online Oct. 22 in the journal Archives of Sexual Behavior.

"The mean, gruff, homophobic macho man of the 1980s is dead," Anderson said.

Based on in-depth interviews of 145 British university and high-school students, Anderson and his colleagues discovered that 89 percent had kissed a male heterosexual friend on the lips at some point. A total of 37 percent had engaged in "sustained" kissing with another man, Anderson said. The men all identified as straight, and they didn't see the kisses as sexual.

The United Kingdom is less homophobic as a whole than the United States, Anderson said, but Americans should expect acceptance of men kissing on our shores soon enough. Research on American college soccer players suggests that 20 percent of those men have kissed another man, which is a harbinger of the trend, Anderson said.

full article

http://www.livescience.com/8853-fancy-snog-sex-kissing-common-uk-male-students.html

another good reason...to think long and hard before considering university...

Wow,lip kissing is so intimate to me.Passionate.I can't imagine it just being like a friendly

peck on the cheek,especially "sustained kissing"?

Maybe someones not being totally honest about their feelings.

All my sustained kisses are for my husband.

Brothers and sisters kiss me and my husband,on the cheek.Our

Hall is very huggy,kissy.It's the cultures at our Hall.But if they were to kiss me on the lips

I feel it would cross the line of whats appropriate.The world is always crossing those lines.

Yep, it sound like the world is deciding for themselves what is right and what is wrong. Like in U.S. I see on the news more and more child molesters are getting only probation and one who molested to child gotten 6 months probation.

This remind me of the scriptures:

Isaiah 5:20 (NWT 1984) Woe to those who are saying that good is bad and bad is good, those who are putting darkness for light and light for darkness, those who are putting bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! (NWT 1984, LITV 1976, Leeser OT 1853, YLT 1898, NLT 1996, ERV 1999)

Isaiah 5:20 (ASV 1988) Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! (ASV 1988, AB-C 2004. VITWT 2003, Bishops 1568. Brenton 1851, MCB-1535, Darby 1882, DRB 1752, JB2000, ESV 2000, GNB 1992, GW 1995, HNV 1997, KJV2000 - 2000, KJV 1989, KJV-1611, KJV-1769. KJV-1850, MKJV 1962, MSG 2002, NET 1996, NJB 1985, NSB 2003, RNKJV 2001, RV-1885, The Scriptures 1998, UPDV 2003, WEB 1907, WSB 1833, CJB 1998, HCSB 1999, NASU 1995, NAS 1977, NCV 1987, NIV 1984, NIV2011, NKJV 1982, NRSV 1989, RSV 1971, TNIV 2001)

Yet the following show how Jehovah feel about those who put their feeling or judgement over Jehovah's.

Proverbs 17:15 (NWT 1984) Anyone pronouncing the wicked one righteous and anyone pronouncing the righteous one wicked—even both of them are something detestable to Jehovah.

Proverbs 17:15 (ASV 1988) He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the righteous, Both of them alike are an abomination to Jehovah. (ASV 1988, Darby 1882, LITV 1976, MKJV 1962, NJB 1985, NSB 2003, RNKJV 2001, The Scriptures 1998, UPDV 2003, WEB 1907, YLT 1898)[All these Bibles have Jehovah name in one form or another.]

Yep, the day of Jehovah, will be here soon to correct all the injustices. If only he could be tomorrow, I can finally get some true peace and rest.

Yep, it sound like the world is deciding for themselves what is right and what is wrong. Like in U.S. I see on the news more and more child molesters are getting only probation and one who molested to child gotten 6 months probation.

And then there are the ones that are left to continue their child molesting because the "statute of limitations have run out" What kind of law is that!!!X( I am very close to this situation and just keep asking why why why!?!:no:

And then there are the ones that are left to continue their child molesting because the "statute of limitations have run out" What kind of law is that!!!X( I am very close to this situation and just keep asking why why why!?!:no:

Can we say Satan world? NOW they want to teach Ted and Sally how to have sex with the same sex, starting from kindergarten. Yep, I think it time for Jehovah kingdom and to stop the abortion that been going on since 1922. ONE site said as of April 26 2010 there been 862,695,400 total reported abortions world wide and if you go by the estimated you get 945,000,000 total. All because they do not believe the fetus is alive, even though it moving and is developing, who knew that dead things move and develop. :):):)

please remember just a little while and the bad things will be no more the best thing to do is not mention them among us this is suposed to be a good safe place if i want to see that i could watch tv :bible2:

This is a discussion forum and we discuss many topics. A lot of what we talk about are signs of the times. If it disturbs you to read them, then just read the titles of the threads and from them, you can decide whether you wish to read the whole topic or not. It's your choice.

Forget homophobia. A new study finds that same-sex lip-locks among straight men are the norm in British universities and high schools.

The trend reflects a move toward a "nicer, softer" ideal of masculinity, study researcher Eric Anderson told LiveScience. Anderson, a sociologist at Bath University in England, reported the findings online Oct. 22 in the journal Archives of Sexual Behavior.

"The mean, gruff, homophobic macho man of the 1980s is dead," Anderson said.

Based on in-depth interviews of 145 British university and high-school students, Anderson and his colleagues discovered that 89 percent had kissed a male heterosexual friend on the lips at some point. A total of 37 percent had engaged in "sustained" kissing with another man, Anderson said. The men all identified as straight, and they didn't see the kisses as sexual.

The United Kingdom is less homophobic as a whole than the United States, Anderson said, but Americans should expect acceptance of men kissing on our shores soon enough. Research on American college soccer players suggests that 20 percent of those men have kissed another man, which is a harbinger of the trend, Anderson said.

full article

http://www.livescience.com/8853-fancy-snog-sex-kissing-common-uk-male-students.html

another good reason...to think long and hard before considering university...

:sick: :sick: :sick:

We were driving back from a lovely evening with friends from our hall last saturday. We passed through a near by town passing a night club out side we saw a couple kissing, we thought that was bad enough but as we drove closed we realised it was 2 young men:blushing::shrugs:

The only place you can find perfection , is in the dictionary.

How would YOU explain....if you had a new Bible study ( a university student)...who is just coming along to their first meeting...and thought that this was a fine way to greet people (especially your elders:eek:)....after all they say... it is not sexual!...

How would YOU explain....if you had a new Bible study ( a university student)...who is just coming along to their first meeting...and thought that this was a fine way to greet people (especially your eldersEEK!)....after all they say... it is not sexual!...

thought this would be a good point to work with....

“Metrosexuality”—a lifestyle in which men give excessive attention to themselves and particularly their appearance—has done much to blur the line between gay and straight. According to the man who reportedly coined the term, the metrosexual “might be officially gay, straight or bisexual, but this is utterly immaterial because he has clearly taken himself as his own love object and pleasure as his sexual preference.” The popularity of the term, says one encyclopedia, “followed the increasing integration of gay men into mainstream society and a correspondingly decreased taboo towards homosexuality and changing masculinity.”

Homosexuality

—How Can I Avoid It?

http://www.watchtower.org/e/200702b/article_01.htm#fnt2_src

We were driving back from a lovely evening with friends from our hall last saturday. We passed through a near by town passing a night club out side we saw a couple kissing, we thought that was bad enough but as we drove closed we realised it was 2 young men:blushing::shrugs:

Yep, that is what the world feel is normal, and that is why they think nothing of put things like that on

regular TV. How else can they make what is bad seem like it is not wrong. All I can say is, hurry Jehovah!!!

Bring that Kingdom, NOW!!!!.

:smh: satan really got a strong grip on this world.

OOHH THANK YOU JEHOVAH FOR MAKING US KNOW YOUR RIGHTEOUS WAYS. :readbible: :worship:

I second that, before I starting studying with JW back in 1974, I thought it did not matter how you worship

Jehovah(I did not his name). This is because of what I seen other that are drunk a lot, cheat on wife, commit

incest, curse a-lot, Catholic priests coming home drunk at monastery, priest has sex with my father best friend,and other things and those who die, all went to heaven. So the preachers or priests said. Then I found out that Jehovah has given to man standard to live by. Also there more to it then saying I believe. Who knew, I was lied to for a long time and yet the truth has set me free from them all. :)