JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jerusalem to be the capital of Israel ...

10 minutes ago, The Deej said:

The disgusting thing standing in a holy place?  

Can't be.

The “standing” will occur when the United Nations (the modern-day “disgusting thing”) attacks Christendom (which is holy in the eyes of nominal Christians) and the rest of Babylon the Great. The same attack is described at Revelation 17:16-18. That event will be the beginning of the great tribulation.

Attacks Christendom is the key expression.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

Can't be.

The “standing” will occur when the United Nations (the modern-day “disgusting thing”) attacks Christendom (which is holy in the eyes of nominal Christians) and the rest of Babylon the Great. The same attack is described at Revelation 17:16-18. That event will be the beginning of the great tribulation.

Attacks Christendom is the key expression.

A little correcting in the start of the great tribulation.

The attack is not the beginning. The beginning is the sealing of the anointed and the call for peace and security. The attack on religion will be somewhere within the Great Tribulation. And the Governing body doesn't tell in which order this will happen. They're only very straight about the start of the great tribulation. 

Jehovah left the literal nation Israel, and created a spiritual nation Israel. 

Galatians 6:16.

But I won't be surprised if Jehovah will use the literal nation to start something and place a thought in their (the beast) mind. Cause several nations still look up to this nation (israel) and keep it as an alliance in case God might exist. (Some sort of backup).  These nations think they will enjoy some safety if God does exist and will judge the nations. So they bet on Israel. 

The jews still think Jerusalem is the holy place where Jehovah will gather his people together from all over the world. They've rejected Jesus and until these days they only accept the first 5 books. So they still reject him. With these aspects they haven't changed in all these centuries and even looked for shelter by the nations instead of God. As I mentioned before, I will not be surprised if Jehovah will use the nation Israel to start something. It will bring the circle together.

But we will see... Jehovah will certainly surprise us. And I'm really waiting for it.

44 minutes ago, skipdaflip said:

The attack is not the beginning. The beginning is the sealing of the anointed and the call for peace and security. The attack on religion will be somewhere within the Great Tribulation. And the Governing body doesn't tell in which order this will happen. They're only very straight about the start of the great tribulation. 

Jehovah left the literal nation Israel, and created a spiritual nation Israel. 

Galatians 6:16.

But I won't be surprised if Jehovah will use the literal nation to start something and place a thought in their (the beast) mind. Cause several nations still look up to this nation (israel) and keep it as an alliance in case God might exist. (Some sort of backup).  These nations think they will enjoy some safety if God does exist and will judge the nations. So they bet on Israel. 

The jews still think Jerusalem is the holy place where Jehovah will gather his people together from all over the world. They've rejected Jesus and until these days they only accept the first 5 books. So they still reject him. With these aspects they haven't changed in all these centuries and even looked for shelter by the nations instead of God. As I mentioned before, I will not be surprised if Jehovah will use the nation Israel to start something. It will bring the circle together.

But we will see... Jehovah will certainly surprise us. And I'm really waiting for it.

Well, that was DIRECT copy and paste from the Watchtower.

Would you like reference? 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, skipdaflip said:

The attack is not the beginning.

W15 7/15 

How will the great tribulation begin? The book of Revelation answers by describing the destruction of “Babylon the Great.” (Rev. 17:5-7)

1 hour ago, skipdaflip said:

The beginning is the sealing of the anointed and the call for peace and security

This is just prior to the outbreak of the GT.

Kr 223, 226

Recall that Paul wrote: “Whenever it is that they are saying, ‘Peace and security!’ then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them.” Just as a flash of lightning is closely followed by the crash of thunder, so the time of saying “Peace and security!” will be instantly followed by “sudden destruction.” What will be destroyed? First, “Babylon the Great,” the world empire of false religion, also known as “the prostitute.” (Rev. 17:5, 6, 15)

Kr 224

1. Precursor of the Great Tribulation

Pronouncement of peace and security

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

Well, that was DIRECT copy and paste from the Watchtower.

Would you like reference? 

I'll need to apologize... I took the wt of 2015 and watched over it again. The sealing must take place before the great revelation. So... you're completely right.

I think I wasn't wake enough when I reacted. Cause now I read it again I directly get a  'oh yeah, that was it ' moment. 

Edited by skipdaflip

Now I'm involved in this discussion :D ... can someone clear one thing up for me? In the same wt article paragraph 11 mentions that the bible doesn't reveal in what order this all will take place. I struggle with this for a while now, cause I don't see where they point to by the word 'all'. This is mentioned under the headline judgement. Does the GB point to all the aspects mentioned under the headline 'judgement' of which the bible doesn't refer in what order it take place?

Or does it talk about all the things that will take place within the Great tribulation?

Because there will be a time of relative rest. The judgement message. The Attack on religion etc. I got confused by the phrase that we don't know in which order this will happen.

Can anyone clear up where is referred to?

Edited by skipdaflip

7 hours ago, skipdaflip said:

I'll need to apologize... I took the wt of 2015 and watched over it again. The sealing must take place before the great revelation. So... you're completely right.

I think I wasn't wake enough when I reacted. Cause now I read it again I directly get a  'oh yeah, that was it ' moment. 

Happens to me all the time... you’re humble brother

And this is a very desirable quality. :)

11 hours ago, skipdaflip said:

Now I'm involved in this discussion :D ... can someone clear one thing up for me? In the same wt article paragraph 11 mentions that the bible doesn't reveal in what order this all will take place. I struggle with this for a while now, cause I don't see where they point to by the word 'all'. This is mentioned under the headline judgement. Does the GB point to all the aspects mentioned under the headline 'judgement' of which the bible doesn't refer in what order it take place?

Or does it talk about all the things that will take place within the Great tribulation?

Because there will be a time of relative rest. The judgement message. The Attack on religion etc. I got confused by the phrase that we don't know in which order this will happen.

Can anyone clear up where is referred to?

Kim, not sure I understand the question but from what I gather this is what they are saying: 

-peace & security 

-sealing of the anointed

-great tribulation - BG goes down first

- judgement message 

- gog attacks 

-anointed go to heaven 

-Armegeddon 

some of the events could run concurrently or overlapp. 

I think the phrase "we don't know the exact order...." Means just that. It's not written in stone. We'll have to wait and see. 

Some things seem to be certain. 

Rev 7 clearly indicates the sealing of the anointed just before the GT.

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

Another brick in the  "Peace & Security" wall?

Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said that his country is talking to other world leaders who wish to follow in the US’ footsteps in recognising Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Mr Netanyahu said “we are already in contact with other states that will make a similar recognition” in remarks at Israel’s foreign ministry on Thursday.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/netanyahu-donald-trump-jerusalem-latest-us-other-countries-follow-capital-israel-recognise-a8096916.html

Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital is cruel. It may also hasten peace

The world, in other words, has dangled recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital as a kind of peace process carrot

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-s-recognition-jerusalem-israel-s-capital-has-silver-lining-ncna827066

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

The initial idea, when the modern nation of Israel was formed, was to keep Jerusalem, a city considered holy to people of many faiths, an international city. Deviating from that central idea is bound to make a lot of people with strong beliefs and feelings very unhappy.

Any day now...

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 12/6/2017 at 1:27 PM, skipdaflip said:

Does the GB point to all the aspects mentioned under the headline 'judgement' of which the bible doesn't refer in what order it take place?

We do know the order of most events: The GT starts with the attack against religion, then there will be a pause, then Gog's attack against Jehovah's people, then Armageddon. That order is clearly explained in the Scriptures.

On the other hand, there are a few events of which there is not information to know their order. This includes the signs in the sun, moon and stars, the sign of the Son of Man, the judgment of sheep and goats and the remaining anointed going to heaven. All these things have to take place after Gog's attack and before Armageddon comes, but we don't know exactly in which order. Probably some of them will happen at the same time. It's these events that paragraphs 11-13 in that article refer to.