JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Write a story one line at a time

Greenfield

the local cafeteria where you could get Mexican, Chinese, Cajun seafood, Italian or just a hamburger but then they remembered what happened the last time they were there when.............

This link is the story up into page 10, and the following is the story since then starting from the beginning of the last summation's last subheading:

--Adam and Rick's Morning in Service--

Rick decided to ask Adam about the note that had been left at Adam's door. Adam blushed with embarrassment and said, "Ah, that's no big deal, I was looking for a prank to pull on you! Especially after you put my hand in luke warm water while I was asleep, tied my shoe laces together and set the fire alarm off with a candle." Rick laughed, partly in relief that his friend was not actually in trouble.

Adam sensed Rick's genuine concern and realized he had an issue the brothers were unaware of, so he said: "You know Rick there is this issue of this HUNGER I'm feeling! Wanna go on break at Donut Hut?" "Hmmmmmm, actually I was feelin more in a taco mood. There's this little hole in the wall place I know of, but it's kind of in a shady area; what do ya think?", Rick replies with a grin.

Adam agrees, just as long as it doesn't take too long since this only a break, but little do they know that their only car has two flat tires and only one spare. Oh the joys of taking a break! Now they have to call Momma who says "AAA"; well, "might as well do some street-corner or bus-stop work while we wait," so they gather their literature and start walking when they are approached by a homeless man asking for money.

A little frightened they look at each other and Adam, after saying a quick prayer, decides to witness to him. The man readily accepts the literature and thanks them for speaking to him, as most people just look the other way or run away frightened. Since they have no money and are waiting on AAA, they show the homeless man from the Bible that in the near future Jehovah promises enough food for everyone and how we will all have our very own home. The man, with tears in his eyes says "Thank you for your kind words," after which Adam turns his Bible to another scripture, but when he looks up the homeless man has walked away already and has vanished.

--Adam's Old Friend--

While looking around suddenly Adam sees a familiar face from the congregation he grew up in way over in Purgatory, CO. Suddenly I was rushed with memories of the hot summers and visiting the nearby Anasazi Indian ruins at Mesa Verde National Park and also the many times Rick teased Adam about moving from Purgatory to Hell. The brother from Colorado asked Adam why he moved to Hell and of course I couldn't pass up the obvious, because it was just too cold in Purgatory so I moved to Hell. I did enjoy the skiing at Purgatory ski resort and also remembered the fond memories of my visits to the Gulf of Mexico down South but did not want to go back this year because of the tar balls on the beach after the horrific oil spill and I did not want to eat the fresh seafood b/c I did not think it was safe either.

So I called out to get Jack's attention and as we walked toward him, we noticed the little boy's hand he was holding, so after greeting each other with much joy, he introduced us to his little boy, Johnny, and proceeded to fill us in, saying about how he's gotten married and how he and the family are moving to Ann Arbor because his employer has transferred him there. He said that him, Adam, and Rick should get together sometime. And they should plan that get together for this summer at the District Convention.

And they all asked one another "where are you assigned this year and where are you staying?" Since Rick and Adam shared a duplex in Hell, Michigan, and Jack and his family lived in nearby Ann Arbor, it turned out that the three of them were all to be at the same district convention, which will be in Saginaw, Michigan July 13-15 just 88.7 miles from Hell and 85.8 miles from Ann Arbor. Rick was somehow tickled by the fact that he and Adam lived in Hell, MI but their good friend Jack ended up with a hellion, as Johnny was so mischievous.

--At the Garage--

Finally, AAA shows up and tows them to a garage for tire repairs, they all squeeze into the truck cab, and proceed to the garage, Bob, the tow-truck driver, laughs and says, "how'd you end up with 2 flat tires"? Rick replies, "I have absolutely no idea"! Then Bob chit chats a little and inquires as to why they are all dressed up, in reply Adam states that they are Jehovah's Witnesses and were engaged in their public ministry. Once at the garage Rick and Adam thank Bob for bringing them to the garage for tire repair. They tactfully try to witness to Bob but Bob says, "Awwww, I leave the religion stuff to Momma. You'd have to talk to her." Knowing we have just learned to try to contact more men with the Bible message Rick & Adam continue to try. It was not long before Bob got really upset and said, "I told you: religion stuff is left to the women. I will soon have your tires ready and you can leave and take your Bible stuff with you."

With that brush off, Rick and Adam go inside to wait, where hot coffee and fresh hot buttered popcorn await them. They enjoyed themselves so much they began to sing Kingdom Melodies in their heads while humming along since doing so loudly would make them look a little odd in this situation. Nevertheless a man next to them heard it and asked Adam "That tune sounds awe-fully familiar, was it in a movie or something?" Brother Problematic, remembering that the song had been in one of the Society's videos, piped up: "Yes, it was in a video he saw recently about uh, which one was it Adam?" "A wonderful Paradise where we won't have to worry about flat tires or spare tires was what it was about, Rick." Rick was a little puzzled but watched and learned as Adam tried in vain to back peddle out of this one, realizing he had goofed. The song was a song he had sang at a previous Service Meeting. He was embarrassed because he was trying to sing the song in Spanish, a language he was just learning, and he realized he made a lot of mistakes.

--More Transportation Hurdles--

Thankfully, the man had already dropped it, so Rick and Adam got into the fixed car and went to the little hole in the wall taco place they had discussed going to earlier in the day. After getting on their way and a few blocks later, Rick had to pull the car over because of steam coming out from under the hood, spraying a greenish yellow liquid all over the windshield. He began to wonder what Jane, his regular pioneer wife, had run over yesterday while she was in rural territory close to Hell, where they lived, so he called up Jane, who said, "Oh, Rick I meant to tell you but it just plum slipped my mind. I don't know what I ran over, it made a horrible racket but when I checked the car after getting home I didn't see any damage. So I just did not mention anything to you because you have so much to worry about but by the way it will be fixed tomorrow." Rick and Adam decided to stop at the duplex and use Adam's car.

But when they got to the duplex they found that Adam's car had been striped, even all the wheels were gone, so they called the cops the second time that day. By now both Adam, Rick and the local Constables Office are beginning to think that there is more here than meets the eye, so an officer came out to look at the situation, with a Breathalyzer just in case. The three were quite surprised as to why the thief would just take the wheels but then take the effort to paint stripes on Adam's car.

Upon examining one of the wheel-wells, a small, sharp piece of metal was protruding with what appeared to be blood and flesh clinging to it, so the officer, hoping for a break in the case, proceeded to get a forensics kit from his patrol car to take a sample and determine whose blood it was. Amazingly this Forensics-To-Go kit resulted in instant DNA-based identification, and it turned out the sample was then turned over to the FBI Crime Lab in Meriden, Conn to verify the initial results from the instant DNA-based identification. This was an important step in the investigation to determine if the unsub (unknown subject) was indeed the son of a person of elite social status in the community.

--Time to Eat--

This was going to take a few weeks, so in the meantime Adam and Rick regain their composure and determination not to allow Satan to ruin the day of service to Jehovah. So they dig out of storage their bicycles, pump up the tires and forsaking the hole in the wall taco place, head down the street in the direction of the territory but suddenly out of nowhere there came a blinding bolt of lightning followed by a LOUD, ear-shattering clap of thunder and then torrential rains soaked them in a matter of seconds, so they stopped at the nearest Mexican restaurant and decided to order some chicken enchiladas and top the day off with strawberry margaritas and listen to the live Mexican Banda music.

After reminiscing the day's adventure Adam suggested that maybe two margaritas might be in order but Rick said that the last time he had two margaritas, he fell off his bicycle so this time it would be just one. But, lo and behold, at this place they just happen to run into a brother and his wife who love tacos so they visited for a few minutes, relating all the day's events. The Brother then related that much earlier in the day, while he and his wife were at work, his car was striped and set ablaze, "but the police said, "Don't worry about it, this is how we roll," but I thought that was odd they said that," said the taco-loving brother, Jim. Rick was going to suggest something, but then he suddenly saw Jim's order arriving so Rick and Adam excused themselves and returned to their table.

Adam and Rick were quizzical with each other as to whether or not the Sheriff's department handling Jim's car incident and the local police handling Adam and Rick's car incident knew about each others' cases because these could not just be strange and uncanny circumstances, these incidences HAD to be related, so, after going back over the details, they decided to call up the Sheriff's department and see if they knew about both of them. They did, and they had already apprehended the vandal/thief!

--The Evening News--

That night's "Breaking News" story was entitled, "Man From Hell Sets Car on Fire," and identified the vandal as Lucifer del Cardo, translated as "Devil of the Cardoons" (plants), a notorious marijuana supplier, who was on the county's Most Wanted list, and had set the fires as a diversion, since he had a huge shipment of product being delivered, and the three friends were all happy to see this report, so now they could bring both of their cars into the shop to get them repaired without fear of more damage, although Adam decided to keep the stripes, with a little touch up.

They saw the report because Rick had invited Adam downstairs that evening to watch some TV with him and Jane, and the next news report was on LIVE coverage, another fire! a little taco shop that had been a neighborhood favorite, was ablaze. "Additional responders were on their way from the neighboring precinct, more to come, stay tuned." Rick was devastated that his favorite hole in the wall was wrecked, but Jane and Adam tried to console him by pointing out the commercial that was airing right then.

Rick cried and cried for his little hole in the wall taco place and kept repeating, over and over, "You surreptitious little Devil, how could you." It was a sad moment when they realized the destruction of the little hole in the wall taco shop had left a hole in their hearts. Who could possibly know that Lucifer del Cardo could cause so much misery in one day, or that his cousin Jesus del Cardo owned the place and was on the verge of bankruptcy. The reporter continued explaining that Jesus del Cardo was being investigated for insurance fraud, and now Rick was angry, as he had so many memories there, but little did he know that the very next commercial break would point him to a place even better than the hole-in-the-wall taco place.

--A New Favorite Restaurant--

"Another beautiful day to praise Jehovah for all he gives us; field service or return visits or visit a sick one?", said Adam, trying to remind Rick of all his blessings. Rick, about to bust a bladder, excused himself to the mens room thus missing the next commercial break but finding the others ecstatic when he returned. Rick's wife Jane said, "Guess what, honey, we just saw a commercial for a restaurant called "Los Dos Amigos Hacienda" and they are having as a special your favorite Menudo, sound good huh."

He replies, " I don't know because I was beginning to think about Chinese" and she says "Adam was saying that a friend of his was simply raving about this new place called Emperor's Palace. Want to try it soon?"

"Yes, but aren't they the ones that was in the news a while back, something about cat tails or cat hairs or, I can't remember just what it was but we can just close our eyes when we eat don't you think?" But Adam and Jane knew he was joking, so they just cracked up laughing, tears running down their faces, realizing of course that Rick was in need of some lightening up. Adam suggested they play Rick's favorite game "Monster Truck Madness 2" but Rick is in need of some dinner, he said.

Adam suggested the local cafeteria where you could get Mexican, Chinese, Cajun seafood, Italian or just a hamburger but then they remembered what happened the last time they were there when Jane developed food poisioning with acute Gastritis and a trip to the ER for medication and a bit of a rest but that was NOT to be for...

Rick ate twice as much as her at that now closed cafeteria and he was driving her crazy with what happened to him. Adam was joking about the cafeteria, but then he suggested the most delicious restaurant in their area...

literally a little hole in the wall, in South Louisiana, called "The Boiling Point" where they could eat the most delicious seafood, especially shrimp anyway you want along with fish, crawfish with all its trimmings which include boiled corn, boiled potatoes and hot sauce for the "not afraid" group along with all the drinks, especially a good cold beer to go along with the crawfish, then you can............oh, well, never mind........

"Too Busy To Come to the Meetings" and what a surprise because they had owned the little taco shack that burned to the ground; so therefore, the brothers tried to encourage them by saying....................

that, while broken-hearted at the loss of their business, they were so happy to see the brothers and sisters and decided it was time they returned to the Kingdom Hall even though it would take a lot of effort because............

the prime of life had passed them by and it was not so easy to.....

get all that needs to be done, done, but after the brothers left, they resolved to return, and never leave again. Meanwhile, once they got home, Adam, Rick, and Jane...