JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

Another version, I shared John McDermott earlier. Sadly, George Donaldson of Celtic Thunder died of a heart attack at age 46.  My quote on the bottom of my posts is from this song! 

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

This is the version by Credence Clearwater Revisited, without original lead singer John Fogerty. The vocals are not as good, but this is musically superior. That left handed guitarist is Elliot Easton of the Cars. The drummer Doug Clifford and bass player Stu Cook are original members of CCR. This was and still is my favorite skating song!  

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

Just now, Lee49 said:

ROCK WITH YOU (MICHAEL JACKSON)

I can still see myself at the roller rink in 1979 skating to "Off the Wall" which in my opinion was Michael Jacksons best album. You could feel the energy go up especially when "Don't stop 'til you get enough" would play. Then for couples only the heartbreaking song "She's out of my life" where you can hear Michael crying as he sings the last lyric. 

Another great roller-skating song from 1979. Herb Albert "Rise". The longer version had a really great bass mix, that when played loudly at the rink, you could hear the floor vibrating!  

On 12/17/2017 at 6:14 PM, *Jack* said:

Devotion - Earth Wind and Fire

A love of your own - Average white band 

What you won’t do for love - Bobby Caldwell 

We can work it out - Stevie wonder 

Happy - Pharrell Williams 

I love vintage recordings. I love listening to music from the turn of the 20th century. Billy Murray (not the comedian a different one) from the 1900s to around 1930 and Ada Jones, and many other early recording artist. But even these you have to be selective about. Even back then they would include inuendo's and even sing about drugs. Some early jazz is like that too But there is a lot of fun songs from then. I play a lot of them on the piano and sing them.  

"I only knew him as my father
I'm gonna get to know the man
I'm going back to see him
While he still knows who I am"- While He Still Knows who I am.

Both by parents were diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Both died before they lost all their memory. Mom was a little worse than dad. One day I was talking to dad, asking questions I never asked before. He looked at me, asked if I was "interviewing" him. I was. I found out so much about him, after he died too. I found awards from the Navy and the United States Post Office. Even as he laid in a hospital bed dying, he was kind and humble. Never demanded anything. My heart goes out to those who suffer seeing a loved one slowly fade away from Alzheimer's. 

22 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

Fantasy - Earth Wind & Fire by "Paris Select Band"

With 60 artists on stage, we are proud to introduce “Paris Select Symphony" which is the largest live-band worldwide for private and corporate events! A spectacular symphonic show that combines classical symphony with a party band to breathe a new life into the music. The power and the dynamic of a full orchestra turn this musical experience into magical and unique of its kind. 

Must be a nice experience to watch it live. But even on Youtube, it's simply sensational! Thanks Br. Lee for your eclectic taste in music. Nice sunset. David Foster, oh wow.

Edited by Imagine

Daydream -

Scientists have discovered that daydreaming is an important tool for creativity. It causes a rush of activity in a circuit, which connects different parts of the brain and allows the mind to make new associations.

Paul Carrack who helped co-write the Eagles song "Love will keep us alive" performs a beautiful version. The first song he ever wrote was "How long,

I was just a kid when the 60s were occurring, so it took me a while to catch up during the 70s to the great music. I always enjoyed the use of steel drums to the song, it adds a tropical flavor to the song. 

My brother graduated from high school in 1974. One of the gifts he got was Smokey Robinson and the Miracles. Great song from that album. Was recorded in 1967, but not released until 1970. Great 60s vibe! 

Gary Moore was an incredible talent with a drinking problem that shortened his life to just 58 years of age. I often wonder about these people, when resurrected. I could just see Prince and Gary Moore jamming on their Fenders! 

2 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

the use of steel drums to the song, it adds a tropical flavor to the song

The video is not available in my region. Could you let me know the name of the track and the singer? Thanks.

Edited by Imagine

Daydream -

Scientists have discovered that daydreaming is an important tool for creativity. It causes a rush of activity in a circuit, which connects different parts of the brain and allows the mind to make new associations.

WHEN THE POLICE HEARS BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY - QUEEN - VIOLIN

Edited by Imagine

Daydream -

Angelina Jordan - Bohemian Rhapsody - America's Got Talent: The Champions One - January 6, 2020

Edited by Imagine

Daydream -