JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Moving Art - wow.

Everyday life is so full of information bombarding us from the moment we wake to the moment we fall asleep - if we don't buy time out from this information overload and let our senses just float in the expanse of relaxation ocassionally we could go crazy.

Well, I've come across the most amazing series - two series in fact - called Moving Art on Netflix. It's very different - no narration at all. (no jabbering on about Evolution) Each beautiful episode focuses on subjects like Oceans, flowers, deserts, forests, icelands, africa, dolphins/whales and much more ... each episode frames Jehovah's Creations with facets of photography sometimes speeding them up and sometimes slowing them down with relaxing piano or flute music in the background.

Some tidbits: The opening and closing of flowers - you can almost see the plant breathe as the petals shimmer and dance, the ocean spray falling in slow motion almost trying to reach you through the lens. It's a majestic, heart warming adventure through many aspects of Creation. It would be a perfect backdrop for any entertainment evening ... or just to end a busy day while reading scriptures or just laying there contemplating our Creator. 

I thought you loverly brothers and sisters would appreciate this series as sometimes we skim past these gems while finding something suitable to watch not realizing we are missing out on something just soooo beautiful.

I hope you enjoy. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

This is very similar to NatureVision TV, also Netflix.

These programs are like screen savers for the TV..with music..:)

At the same time, enjoying the awesomeness of Creation..

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

And here I thought this might be a discussion of U-Haul trailers and trucks.

Many of them have "Nature Pictures" pained on them - and, since they travel down the nation's highways - I guess you could call them "moving art" :shrugs:

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

15 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Everyday life is so full of information bombarding us from the moment we wake to the moment we fall asleep - if we don't buy time out from this information overload and let our senses just float in the expanse of relaxation ocassionally we could go crazy.

Well, I've come across the most amazing series - two series in fact - called Moving Art on Netflix. It's very different - no narration at all. (no jabbering on about Evolution) Each beautiful episode focuses on subjects like Oceans, flowers, deserts, forests, icelands, africa, dolphins/whales and much more ... each episode frames Jehovah's Creations with facets of photography sometimes speeding them up and sometimes slowing them down with relaxing piano or flute music in the background.

Some tidbits: The opening and closing of flowers - you can almost see the plant breathe as the petals shimmer and dance, the ocean spray falling in slow motion almost trying to reach you through the lens. It's a majestic, heart warming adventure through many aspects of Creation. It would be a perfect backdrop for any entertainment evening ... or just to end a busy day while reading scriptures or just laying there contemplating our Creator. 

I thought you loverly brothers and sisters would appreciate this series as sometimes we skim past these gems while finding something suitable to watch not realizing we are missing out on something just soooo beautiful.

I hope you enjoy. 

We watched the first nine episodes today and enjoyed them immensely.

Thanks for sharing!!!!:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

7 hours ago, Dove said:

This is very similar to NatureVision TV, also Netflix.

We watch PlutoTV on occasion,  they have the NatureVision channel, it's nice. .

They also have one, Slow TV, that is a train ride,  like you're in the cab viewpoint, going through some nice landscapes in Norway.  

Another one is Amazing Places on Our Planet,  right now they're doing a piece on the Galapagos Islands.  

I don't know if those channels are on Netflix. .

Edited by tekmantwo

Dropped a 'y'....

14 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

We watch PlutoTV on occasion,  they have the NatureVision channel, it's nice. .

They also have one, Slow TV, that is a train ride,  like you're in the cab viewpoint, going through some nice landscapes in Norway.  

Another one is Amazing Places on Our Planet,  right now they're doing a piece on the Galapagos Islands.  

I don't know if those channels are on Netflix. .

Found the Slow Tv; it has various different trips, very nice. Netflix also has one called Fireplace for Your Home that turns your entire screen into a fireplace complete with crackling sounds.

There are so many incredible artistic feats such as those made by a British man named Andy Goldworthy..I always marvel at the effort he puts into making fantastic works of art knowing they are so temporary..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..