JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What program do our brothers use to create EPUB - publications?

I would like too create epub books of my MTS notes.

And I wonder, does anybody know exact information, what program our brothers use in Bethels to create epub publications?

I checked some programs, but they are not able to create epub with so high level as our publications have. May be our brothers created their own program, like MEPS for example?

8 hours ago, carlos said:

I have no idea of which program the brothers use, but an easy to use yet very powerful software is Sigil. You can obtain very professional results with it. And it's free.

https://sigil-ebook.com/

I checked Adobe Indesign even. It can make pop up footnotes, but they will not work on Android. That is why I interested what program Bethels use...

7 hours ago, carlos said:

I think it can, they just need to be formatted correctly. That's an EPUB3 feature.

I will try and find the format for that when I get home. :)

Yes, I tried to creat EPUB 3... may be I missed something

I just checked some of the eBooks I have created with Sigil and they do have popup notes. This is the code I use:

First, you need to define the footnote style in your CSS file. Mine has this brief definition:

.footnote { padding-top:9%; page-break-before:always; }

I have no idea of what those parameters mean or if they have anything to do with the note popping up. I just copied the CSS from somewhere else. :innocent:

Now in the main text this is how I add a footnote:

This is my text<a href="../Text/footnotes.xhtml#nt1" id="rf1"><sup>[1]</sup></a>

All notes must be together in a file included in the ePub. I named mine footnotes.xhtml. nt1 is the note id while rf1 is the reference id. The next reference will be rf2 and will point to the note #nt2.

This is the format for the footnote text (found in footnotes.xhtml):

<div class="footnote">
    <p id="
nt1"><sup>[1]</sup> Text of the footnote <a href="../Text/Section0001.xhtml#rf1">&lt;&lt;</a></p>

</div>

The <div class="footnote"> applies the footnote style defined in the CCS file. Section0001.xhtml is the file where the main text is, or rather that particular chapter that contains this note. You can name it differently, just use the right name to link to that file.

nt1 is the footnote id (do you remember we referenced it before?). Right after the note the two &lt; codes are displayed as >>. If you click on them it will close the footnote and go back to the main text.

I use Moon+ Reader on Android to read my ePubs and that format works perfectly.

8 hours ago, carlos said:

I just checked some of the eBooks I have created with Sigil and they do have popup notes. This is the code I use:

First, you need to define the footnote style in your CSS file. Mine has this brief definition...

Thank you very much dear brother for detailed explanation!!!!! :ecstatic: