JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Create a epub

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3063 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Brothers, do not know if this is the right area to ask.

But I was wondering if anyone know any program to create epub so I can make my notes on the biblical texts.

I have found several programs, but are difficult.

So far, only able to put note in text with the PDF.

Does anyone know tell me if there an easy program to create epub I?

Sorry my english, is very very bad.. kkkkk

O importante não é vencer todos os dias, mas lutar sempre e não desistir!
The important thing is not to win every day, but to always fight and not give up!

Brother Fernando

In reality each epub file is a set of htlm files compressed.

If you simply want to open the jw sourced epub files to make notes and highlighting, then follow these steps:

1- download sigil (an html editor), it can be the portable version in http://portableapps.com/apps/office/sigil-portable

2- open the epub file in sigil

3- locate the "content.opf"

4- delete the tag "linear=no" as the following picture

Capturar.PNG

Then save the file (obviously)

I hope this help to answer your question.

Edited by JABA

For an Android device, go to the google play store and put the words "Floating Bible" in the search option at the top. Install that app..excellent app made by a brother..free, and no ads!..Once you have the app, make sure you have downloaded the PDF publication you want to have a box pop up with the scripture and option to add a note (in the same box). Next go to your Floating Bible app and tap the menu icon at top right..choose "Anylize PDF"..A box will appear on the screen..First, choose the color you want the scripture citation to show..like yellow or green, etc. Next tap the first option to choose the file..a file list will appear..tap the one you want and then tap OK..a little circle will turn around and you will see the progress of the indexing and highlighting..When the process is finished you will see on your screen the last page you were looking at in the Floating Bible..Tap your home screen icon and go to the book reader you had opened your PDF into (I use Moon Reader Pro or Adobe Reader)..Tap the PDF you converted and when it opens you should see all the scriptures highlighted in the color you selected! When you tap one, a note box will pop up with the scripture (like an epub) and you can either paste or type additional information!! I have done this with my OD book and Workbooks!post-2322-0-52913800-1447692826_thumb.jp

Edited by SUNRAY

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

@ Joao...If you have an Android device, I may be able to help you with a simple solution!

I'm not tottally sure about the question made by brother Fernando, but what I assume is that he was intending to highlight and make notes in the text links found in the watchtower epub files.

In reality,Sister Elizabeth on android devices you are right, apparently there isn't any limitation on highlithing or making notes on epub text links.

Because brother Fernando posed this problem, I assume he was not using any android device.

On the other hand, on Apple devices, namely on iBooks it is necessary to edit the epub file and change the "content.opf" parameter in order to highlight or make notes on bible texts.

On the microsoft windows devices, I'm not completly sure. For instance in the Bible Reader app there are cases where you can make notes, and others where you can't. I believe it depends on the app.

Probably brother Fernando have to explain which platform he is using and if  he is intending to highlight and make notes in the text links found in the epub files or it is another thing he is pretending.

Edited by JABA

I thank everyone for the help!

I wanted when I was talking Tribune, my speeches with the texts of the Bible opened as well as the association makes the epub files on biblical texts.

@SUNRAY - Elizabeth Thank you, this program does exactly what I expected !!

Thank you all for help. Jehovah bless you !!

O importante não é vencer todos os dias, mas lutar sempre e não desistir!
The important thing is not to win every day, but to always fight and not give up!

@Fernando..you are very welcome! This Floating Bible app supports different languages and a split screen and other options too!

Elizabeth, thank you very much for mentioning that Floating Bible app. It's wonderful!

I especially love to have the Bible synchronized in two languages at the same time, to be able to search by chapter AND verse, and the feature to add Bible references to PDF publications.

Thanks!

@Carlos..You are welcome! The brother who made it did an excellent job, and I love that it is in the slide out app tray on our Samsungs!! It is my 2nd favorite Bible app (JW Library is first, of course!!) I like having the PDF OD book and workbooks with the pop-ups highlighted..even on my phone I can tap the scriptures..can pinch zoom!! I think someone here was first to tell ys about it..I appreciate this site..so much input from friends!!

cat2_e0.gif

There are other Bible apps that download from jw.org..I would think that the Branch would make the develooers remove them if they are against terms of use..one I used to use is JW Study..it has been in the play store for quite a while.

cat2_e0.gif

@ Carlos.

I was under the impression that this "Floating Bible" app is not compliant with the branch's terms of use. Have I misunderstood?

My wife & I really liked the app but Uninstalled it when you & another brother made that discovery.

It couldn't be me, I had never heard of this app before. :)

This app downloads Bible files and shows them in a single/double window. If it downloads them from JW.org, there's no problem. If it downloads them from somewhere else, it might be a violation of the TOS. But there's no way to know where it downloads the files from, and honestly I am not going to ask. :)

As for analyzing a PDF file and adding the text to all Bible references, that doesn't break the TOS at all, IMO.

It couldn't be me, I had never heard of this app before. :)

This app downloads Bible files and shows them in a single/double window. If it downloads them from JW.org, there's no problem. If it downloads them from somewhere else, it might be a violation of the TOS. But there's no way to know where it downloads the files from, and honestly I am not going to ask. :)

As for analyzing a PDF file and adding the text to all Bible references, that doesn't break the TOS at all, IMO.

My apologies, I will have to look for that thread.

I found the thread. It wasn't you, it was Joao. Reading further I came upon this, and I quote:

"I don't think it violates the TOE

Please refer to the discussion that had already taken place about the Terms of Use. In particular this post:

http://jwtalk.net/fo...y-app/?p=250986. "

My wife & I really liked the app but Uninstalled it thinking it violated the branches Terms Of Use. As this is not the case, I will use the Floating Bible app.

• 2 weeks later...

You could download "Calibre" and use it. It can convert files from one format to another. You could convert epub to text. Use a word processor to add notes and then convert the file back to epub. It can convert PDF files to other formats but does not handle magazines with more than one column per page very well. With multiple columns it tends to read the first line of both columns and then go to the next line for both columns., etc.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)