JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Keego Harbor Murder Suicide

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2138 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

19 minutes ago, trottigy said:

And then wait 5 YEARS! before doing this.

Something happened that changed for her and caused this. It wasn't just being DF'd. I also see that her husband left the truth with her, but she shot him too.

No one is paying attention to that. Her ignorant, hall-storming apostate "friend" is yelling "JWs DID THIS" into every mic they slap into her face.

This story just hit my local news waves.   The police have information but are not releasing any at this time.   So I guess for now we have to defend Jehovah, till they do release what they found at the house on why these people killed each member of their family including themselves.  So far, no one has said anything bad about Jehovah's Witnesses in my area.     Jehovah will never allow his name to be mocked in this way.   Sometime good will come from this besides the lies being spewed out by their neighbors or some apostate that knew them over the years.  Who knows, most murder suicides today are based on financial ruin, adultery,  and or deep things no one knows, and depression from one thing or another can cause harm.     

4 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Jehovah will never allow his name to be mocked in this way. 

I appreciate your thought here and I don't want to pick on words but I think we have to expect Jehovah's name will be mocked. We'll probably see a lot more of it...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

It would be an interesting turn if they found that she was thinking of returning to Jehovah and that her apostate friend drove her to these killings :eek: 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, Qapla said:

It would be an interesting turn if they found that she was thinking of returning to Jehovah and that her apostate friend drove her to these killings :eek: 

Actually, I recall reading that she was her "confidant". Think about it. She left the truth 5 years ago, her apostate friend left 30 years ago. Its very likely that she pulled her out to begin with. Had she stayed, she would have gotten help from the congregation and the elders. In fact, by her being in a strong community with real caring friends, this probably would not have happened.

But as we all know, apostates are really savvy liars, twisters, and deceivers. Its very probable her mind was poisoned against the congregation and organization.

Edited by Bob

Satan will do anything to draw attention away from Jehovah.  Look, those 17 students killed 5 days before this story comes out.  Why?  Because Satan and his hords know full well that our brothers down there are out in full force trying to reach the hearts of those affected by these killings.  They are out in numbers preaching and trying to reach the hearts of those crying and hurting, the loss of their friends, the loss of a family member, so, what does Satan do...he throws in this family that had left the truth years ago, and has someone spew out lies that Jehovah's Organization (congregation) is to blame.  So the heat turns up.  This is why am so glad that our Regional Convention this summer will be on Courage.  These people will turn on us fiercely.  So we need the courage and boldness to stand up to the lies, just like our brothers and sister's have done since the 1st Christian congregation was formed.  Paul went through it, the apostles went through it, all those who have picked up their torture stake will go through it and some who carried it in the past have gone through it, some are resurrected already in heaven, others are silently waiting for the paradise.   Jehovah has his hand behind all our backs.  Remember, his hand isn't short.  What ever Satan throws at us, we will stand firmly to the end.  I'll be so happy to meet one day soon to have the pleasure of meeting all of you courageous, and fearless friends in the paradise.  

• 2 months later...

This was back in the news on Daily Mail today, May 19.

She made a video explaining her reason for killing the family, saying "Christ will resurrect them".

She thought they wouldn't be able to handle her suicide.

Sick.

To Doug's point, there was a very quite and secretive update to this sad and tragic story:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/2018/05/18/keego-harbor-murder-suicide-lauren-stuart/620709002/?from=new-cookie

This report, while still trying to loosely blame Jehovah's Witness, demonstrated that this woman had DEEP mental health issues and severe psychological issues and had untreated depression that got way worse. She was also sexually abused as a child.

No way this can be blamed on anything except her own problems, as the overwhelming majority of former members never commit murder.

Edited by Bob