JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A dedicated Tech forum

As part of our recent forum reorganization initiative, we have created a dedicated Tech forum, and are in the process of putting all tech related discussions, including help topics regarding our organizations official apps, into this forum. This work will take some time to complete. Since we sometimes see some confusion as to what goes where, we have tried to name/title this forum very clearly.

The tech forum is called "Computers, Tablets, Mobile Devices, & Apps" and is located here....

https://jwtalk.net/forums/forum/48-computers-tablets-mobile-devices-apps/

So, please, if you are wanting to start a topical discussion based around modern technology, please post it in that forum.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Well now! Just wonderful. We have bought a HP LaserJet. The one that uses toner. any how, I have gotten our devises on line, got the thing set up with internet, (That was not easy to find help, but I did) and what have you. Not easy for yours truly. 

It prints beautiful prints, about one sixth of the size they should be. I’ve spent hours on this, register the machine, went online. As usual, almost no directions. Just really basic still...

If there is an easy fix, please. If not, back to the grindstone. Thanks...

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

• 2 months later...
On 3/13/2018 at 9:02 AM, Dismal_Bliss said:

As part of our recent forum reorganization initiative, we have created a dedicated Tech forum, and are in the process of putting all tech related discussions, including help topics regarding our organizations official apps, into this forum. This work will take some time to complete. Since we sometimes see some confusion as to what goes where, we have tried to name/title this forum very clearly.

The tech forum is called "Computers, Tablets, Mobile Devices, & Apps" and is located here....

https://jwtalk.net/forums/forum/48-computers-tablets-mobile-devices-apps/

So, please, if you are wanting to start a topical discussion based around modern technology, please post it in that forum.

I don't want to start a new topic just to ask this question because I know it's already been asked in the past; but I've not been able to find it. I wasn't having the problem myself at the time so I don't remember if the OP ever found an answer to it.

What it is, I can't use the emoji's to react to a post from my cell phone, but have no problem with my PC. I have the Iphone 6+. I don't know if the problem is specific to the iphone or other cell phones are included.

If the OP or anyone can respond how they fixed the problem I would appreciate it.....

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

It prints beautiful prints, about one sixth of the size they should be...

It's been a while since I had a hp printer, but after you open the print box, there was a button to select the print size. It had options like 'print to page size' and a 'zoom' slider. It may have been in the 'advanced' tab in the printer dialogue box.

Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

Alas, the brother who is our tech go-to, at the hall came out. The printer won. We have a go-around to print photos. It’s an app that resizes them. I just use that. Better then nothing. When I feel like my wits are about me, (and we a decent phone signal) I will phone HP. Thanks!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I have a question, and I hope I'm posting in the right forum. when I request to follow a certain forum, I don't get notifications unless I check sent me an email. However, others forums that I request to follow, I can see the notifications at the top of the page on the right side of the page near the "bell".  Even when I make a comment in a certain forum, I don't get notifications like I use to.

I have over 3k emails that I need to delete. Can I get some help with the problem?

Hi, are you using PC, Mac, iPhone or Android?
I only use it on my Android, so I can let you know, if you follow a forum, you do get notified of posts, likes and also quotes. I get these both as an email, and I get a 'push' notification on my Android phone 'Task bar'.
The latest Android OS update now even puts little numbers on my Tapatalk shortcut showing how many notices it has accrued.
I can step you through some settings, but 1st just let us know what platform you are using and on what device...
Cheers 324525303d9c49a4cacfb7872e56410a.jpg

Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

• 9 months later...
On 6/1/2018 at 12:05 AM, 1gemstone said:

I’m using my Pc and my iPad. I get notifications near the bell at the top of the forum on some content that I follow, on other forums I’m following I don’t get any notifications while I’m sign in only emails.

in apple - you can change notifications

in setting under the app you can choose notifications and the type of notfication you want - banner or other

if this site - then we have notification setting - please review what you have previously chosen or defaulted to

now as for the emails - did you mean 3k email notifications - all from the same site

viewing them on your ipad or PC or iphone.....

if you are viewing them in the mail app you can select the from' xyz website'

then it will display only those emails

then you can choose to delete all

hope that helps a bit

if you meant something else - just let us know

Edited by DarinS