JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for April 2018

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2165 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Hope said:

Fun Fact:  Brother Turner is from my old neighborhood back in Harvey, IL!  :D  We didn't attend the same congregation but our Kingdom Halls were about 3 miles from each other and we were always in the same circuit.  He was a classic, nerdy, spiritual teen.. :)  We basically grew up together - it was great to see him on the Broadcast.

Don't you just love seeing family.:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

13 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Don't you just love seeing family.:D

If you guys remember James Dyson -- he was featured on a Broadcast a couple of years ago... black brother, in the army before... he attended the congregation I did when we were coming into the Truth in the mid 70s.  He was just a young brother - not sure if he was even a ministerial servant, yet.    I was probably 10 years old and I'll never forget - he had a talk on the TMS (the number 4) and the bell went off for timing.  Brother Dyson stopped in mid-sentence and stepped off the stage.  I remember the School Overseer laughing and saying one can always finish their thought before leaving the platform.  :)  I don't know why that stuck with me... but that's my Brother Dyson memory.. :wub:

I also attended the congregations of two different people who've been featured on the cover of our magazines, so... yeah!  :D

43 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

I find it funny that in a thread about the JW Broadcast that features a very romantic love song, that the discussion turned into one about web hosting and servers!  Where has the romance gone.:wub:

This is a drawback of starting the broadcast thread many days or weeks early. Since nobody can discuss unreleased material, discussions are started on entirely unrelated topics, then by the time that the broadcast is released the momentum of the original discussion means that comments about the video are drowned out.

38 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

If you were to take the song, and mix it together with some other love songs on a CD or MP3 playlist and then play that CD at work, I wonder if work colleagues would notice the difference, or even sing/hum along to it as if it was just another love song off the radio.

If they payed attention to the words they might recognize the difference.

14 minutes ago, mserskine said:

If they payed attention to the words they might recognize the difference.

A brother on Facebook wrote:  "The Apostle Paul remix has the Tribulation in the flesh chorus line."  :D  :lol1:

2 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

I find it funny that in a thread about the JW Broadcast that features a very romantic love song, that the discussion turned into one about web hosting and servers!  Where has the romance gone.:wub:

Web hosting and servers - much more reliable, I'm thinking... :lips:

On 4/2/2018 at 9:29 AM, Sheep said:

You're all very right! Our song for the month sounds like George Benson, or maybe Luther Ingram? I'm not sure who the female singer sounds like. Either way, Truly in Love is for those who are in love with someone special, or for those who wish they had someone special to love.

If you would like to put the song on your phone to listen to, I have converted it to mp3 format and uploaded it to my music collection. Help yourself, and happy listening!

Truly in Love

There is a gift that comes from above,
A lovely gift called being in love.
When two hearts begin to beat as one,
Then a wonderful time has begun.

It’s simple, so easy.
And it’s something we know.
With a threefold cord,
Love will grow.
With Jehovah to guide us in all that we do,
How I love to be truly in love
With someone like you,
Someone like you.

Trials will come our way,
But our love will grow stronger each day.
We will build a bond that no one can break.
We will build a love that no one will take.
No, no, no one, no.

It’s simple, so easy.
With a threefold cord,
Love will grow.
With someone like you,
Someone like you.

Nothing can destroy our love.
This precious gift is from our God up above.
Exclusive devotion
—‘love’s as strong as death.’
You are “bone of my bones”;
you are “flesh of my flesh,”
Such an excellent woman in all that you do.
I will spend all my life loving you.

I want you to know how I feel
’Cause my love for you is so very real.
I bless the day you came into my life.
I bless the day I made you my wife.
Yes I do.

It’s simple, so easy.
With a threefold cord,
Love will grow.
With someone like you,
Someone like you.

With someone like you.

Great song. It has a line dance beat!

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

37 minutes ago, Hope said:

I envision it as not only a wedding first dance, but also some version of a slow Electric Slide...  B)

Right. 

Maybe Enchanted Evening Dance also.:loopy:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I loved it. I'm definitely using the 4 directions/4 colors for my Bible study.

Until now, It was more an Important/Like color pattern (Red = very important, Blue = classical quote (à la John 3:16), Green = Verse I like, Yellow = verse we considered recently in meeting).

From now on, I'll do the God/Earth/Me/Other as Blue/Red/Green/Yellow. I have to change a lot of things in my Bible but it's a good occasion to review al my notes.

Edited by Dages

13 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

I knew it! I knew someone was going to post this!! Hahaaa!!

Can't wait to hear my Mom say it. She literally says this every time a soul voice sings the final song :D

And what's funny... if you really know George Benson's voice, no one singing on our Original Songs sound like him at all.  His voice is higher and lighter... and in my opinion... not quite as good as the brothers they use.

• 4 weeks later...