JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for April 2018

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2142 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 hours ago, The German said:

Great song. Also in german.

2 hours ago, Rochelle said:

love  it - especially the song!

1 hour ago, molnarj said:

Slow Jazz!! Like it.

You're all very right! Our song for the month sounds like George Benson, or maybe Luther Ingram? I'm not sure who the female singer sounds like. Either way, Truly in Love is for those who are in love with someone special, or for those who wish they had someone special to love.

If you would like to put the song on your phone to listen to, I have converted it to mp3 format and uploaded it to my music collection. Help yourself, and happy listening!

Truly in Love

There is a gift that comes from above,
A lovely gift called being in love.
When two hearts begin to beat as one,
Then a wonderful time has begun.

It’s simple, so easy.
And it’s something we know.
With a threefold cord,
Love will grow.
With Jehovah to guide us in all that we do,
How I love to be truly in love
With someone like you,
Someone like you.

Trials will come our way,
But our love will grow stronger each day.
We will build a bond that no one can break.
We will build a love that no one will take.
No, no, no one, no.

It’s simple, so easy.
With a threefold cord,
Love will grow.
With someone like you,
Someone like you.

Nothing can destroy our love.
This precious gift is from our God up above.
Exclusive devotion
—‘love’s as strong as death.’
You are “bone of my bones”;
you are “flesh of my flesh,”
Such an excellent woman in all that you do.
I will spend all my life loving you.

I want you to know how I feel
’Cause my love for you is so very real.
I bless the day you came into my life.
I bless the day I made you my wife.
Yes I do.

It’s simple, so easy.
With a threefold cord,
Love will grow.
With someone like you,
Someone like you.

With someone like you.

34 minutes ago, Sheep said:

You're all very right! Our song for the month sounds like George Benson, or maybe Luther Ingram? I'm not sure who the female singer sounds like. Either way, Truly in Love is for those who are in love with someone special, or for those who wish they had someone special to love.

If you would like to put the song on your phone to listen to, I have converted it to mp3 format and uploaded it to my music collection. Help yourself, and happy listening!

Truly in Love

It’s simple, so easy.
With a threefold cord,
Love will grow.
With someone like you,
Someone like you.

No, no, no one, no.

It’s simple, so easy.
With a threefold cord,
Love will grow.
With someone like you,
Someone like you.

Exclusive devotion

Yes I do.

It’s simple, so easy.
With a threefold cord,
Love will grow.
With someone like you,
Someone like you.

With someone like you.

Ugh... :(

2 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Yep .. me too. :( 

Lovely song - and can stir emotions of painful want - this song isn't necessarily reflecting day to day for many - but let that not make us feel disappointed in not having - but rather smile with the hope of the future. :heart:

The hosting company (Akamai) doesn't have employees handling the files at all, they have completely automated systems that pull the video files from the branch servers and make them available on JW.org, so the videos are available to us as soon as the brothers hit the upload button.
There are things I don't understand about web hosting. I thought the HQT can just upload the video, and it automatically appers for us. Do they need to go thru a hosting company?

Sent from my TECNO DP7CPRO using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, TRUTH04 said:

There are things I don't understand about web hosting. I thought the HQT can just upload the video, and it automatically appers for us. Do they need to go thru a hosting company?

Sent from my TECNO DP7CPRO using Tapatalk

Yes, it is much more cheaper, do it by a hosting company!!

40 minutes ago, TRUTH04 said:

There are things I don't understand about web hosting. I thought the HQT can just upload the video, and it automatically appears for us. Do they need to go thru a hosting company?

The size and expense of building a world-wide server Network to distribute the content would be very expensive and labor intensive.  Akamai has server farms in 70 countries (I think) and a Cloud Delivery network (CDN) to make the content available around the world almost instantaneously.  They are alble to map your location, adjust the delivery from the nearest or most open server without your input.  Look at the images below and imagine the work and expense to build something like this in multiple cities.  It is easier to lease space.

facebook-keven-mccammon.jpg

serverroominterior_194959-900x400.jpg

6 hours ago, jwhess said:

The size and expense of building a world-wide server Network to distribute the content would be very expensive and labor intensive.  Akamai has server farms in 70 countries (I think) and a Cloud Delivery network (CDN) to make the content available around the world almost instantaneously.  They are alble to map your location, adjust the delivery from the nearest or most open server without your input.  Look at the images below and imagine the work and expense to build something like this in multiple cities.  It is easier to lease space.

Thank you Brother Hess!! 

Are you Computer Scientist???

Edited by Carlos Alberto

7 hours ago, rocket said:

HQT = Headquarters

I don't think "HQT" means what you think it does. We should just use HQ for "Headquarters":

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/HQ  compared with https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/HQT

and since we're on the subject of what stands for what... ^_^

6 hours ago, jwhess said:

a Cloud Delivery network (CDN) to make the content available around the world

the C stands for Content not "cloud" :)

5 hours ago, sunshine said:

I enjoyed the marriage interviews and how frank and honest the couples were.  I also liked the song very much. 

I also enjoyed Br Sanderson's morning worship.  I will try and remember his comment on 1 Per 5:8 "Stand firm! You cannot out run a lion - you will only die tired"

Wow, just wow on the marriage portions of the program. That was some serious business there. One thing it told me is that Witnesses are people at the end of the day, and that marriage does require work to maintain. Our marriages are not immune from the stuff that plagues non-witness marriages. The difference is that we have an advantage that they don't -- that third cord, and we are blessed to have an organization that views marriage as Jehovah does. And I am happy we got the frank experiences.

I would love to tell those brothers and sisters how happy I am that they were willingly to expose some very serious issues, especially the second couple, for the benefit of us all. Those were DEEPLY personal. It took courage, because instead of having the relative anonymity that comes with being published in a WT article, they put their identities on display, not just for us to see, but for those in the outside world. And also, some of those details could have been embarrassing, but Jehovah clearly helped them through it. THANK YOU!

The song is something we are going to cruise to this summer, on a warm night, while eating icecream...my wife and I. It was really soothing and encouraging.

Great program! 

3 hours ago, Carlos Alberto said:

Thank you Brother Hess!! 

Are you Computer Scientist???

Br. Carlos, I don't know about "scientist" particularly, but I taught computer hardware assembly and repair at a technical college (and software installation).  I owned my own computer company (making PCs for home and office) from 1984-1996).  I use computers and notebooks and tablets almost every day.  I work with the LDC in CAD design and drawing.  I am retired now, so my involvement with computers today is one of a user.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

and since we're on the subject of what stands for what... ^_^

the C stands for Content not "cloud" :)

Thank you Brandon for the correction.  I must have been "lost in the clouds"...:wub:  It was a good catch.

Here is the quote from Akamai's own web page:

What really is a CDN? A content delivery network is a highly-distributed platform of servers that responds directly to end user requests for web content. It acts as an intermediary between a content server, also known as the origin, and its end users or clients. 

13 hours ago, jwhess said:

It is a lot cheaper to store data outside. You wouldn't need that much servers as showed in the picture. Cause those are rack models. You would probably need at most 2 of those server cabinets. And probably at most Bethel facilities they have some.

But you need to be redundant, and your internet connecting must be optimal to serve millions of users with data. Besides of that you need to upgrade your hardware every now and then, keep maintenance etc. All those costs are very high. And that's why it's better to store the data elsewhere. It's cheaper and you can focus on real important things. 

Edited by skipdaflip

On 02.04.2018 at 4:29 PM, Sheep said:

Truly in Love

It’s simple, so easy.
With a threefold cord,
Love will grow.
With someone like you,
Someone like you.

No, no, no one, no.

It’s simple, so easy.
With a threefold cord,
Love will grow.
With someone like you,
Someone like you.

Exclusive devotion

Yes I do.

It’s simple, so easy.
With a threefold cord,
Love will grow.
With someone like you,
Someone like you.

With someone like you.

I love the song! It makes me happy and grateful for this gift from above. Unfortunately my husband can't hear it. We have to wait a bit for Russian Sign Language.

7 hours ago, jwhess said:

Br. Carlos, I don't know about "scientist" particularly, but I taught computer hardware assembly and repair at a technical college (and software installation).  I owned my own computer company (making PCs for home and office) from 1984-1996).  I use computers and notebooks and tablets almost every day.  I work with the LDC in CAD design and drawing.  I am retired now, so my involvement with computers today is one of a user.

Ohhh very good Brother Hess!!! ;) 

Fun Fact:  Brother Turner is from my old neighborhood back in Harvey, IL!  :D  We didn't attend the same congregation but our Kingdom Halls were about 3 miles from each other and we were always in the same circuit.  He was a classic, nerdy, spiritual teen.. :)  We basically grew up together - it was great to see him on the Broadcast.