JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Poisonous Plants Article

Tis the season...

http://earthsky.org/earth/lifeform-of-the-week-poison-ivy-poison-oak-poison-sumac?

ivy_Kerry-Wixted_carbonNYC_USDA1.jpg.a2d8083b4462d22aa8a67e63f693fd26.jpg

Poison Ivy.           Oak.              Summac.

Leaves of three?😱

Let them be....far far away from me.  He he he.😁

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

My yard is Full of it in every form; upright plants, creeping along the ground, crawling up trees. It's such a master in disguise. It's getting closer to the house every year and I'm extremely sensitive to it,,can't even breathe it...😐

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

9 minutes ago, Dove said:

My yard is Full of it in every form; upright plants, creeping along the ground, crawling up trees. It's such a master in disguise. It's getting closer to the house every year and I'm extremely sensitive to it,,can't even breathe it...😐

If you read the comments at the end of the article, Tecnu is highly recommended for breaking down the oil.  I am going to get some the very next time I am near a pharmacy.

In the meantime...

Need to always remain ten minutes distance from an ample water source. Lol

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Ha. Poison oak, a pest. And for me, a nice briny bath stops it in its tracks. 

Our plant foe is hemlock. Yep, hemlock. Deadly hemlock. The groups that come and green machine for us will not touch the stuff. And, this year, it spread. 

I’ve  read how to handle it. Carefully cut it down without touching it. Put it in black garbage bags, and then, leave em in the sun. Then, off to the dump. In the bags. 

This is how my husband handled it. The green machine. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I work in a medicinal/phisic garden and we have a poison garden section.Today I was delighted when I found a sumac sapling which I could plant in my own garden,there quite expensive here where I live and then when I read this post I was like oh no its poisonous,but I'm wondering if poison sumac is a different variety.Ill have to do some more research.

1 hour ago, Dane Rí Rua said:

I work in a medicinal/phisic garden and we have a poison garden section.Today I was delighted when I found a sumac sapling which I could plant in my own garden,there quite expensive here where I live and then when I read this post I was like oh no its poisonous,but I'm wondering if poison sumac is a different variety.Ill have to do some more research.

The above article brings out that there are non-profit ours sumac plants.  I hope yours is safe to handle.

Wow! Cashews are related to these itchy plants.

BTW, cashews are related. Cashews are another urushiol-harboring plant in the Anacardiaceae family. Yes, delicious snack-tastic cashews were once scary, toxin-coated itch bags. 

The nut (well, drupe technically) is housed in a double shell, and it is in the shell itself that urushiol is found. When cashews are processed, their shells are removed and any lingering poison is carefully cooked from the nut (even “raw” cashews are steamed before they hit the market). 

This explains why cashews are so under-represented in bowls of unshelled nuts waiting to be opened with a festive nutcracker. Cracking a walnut is one thing, but unleashing cashews requires protective clothing.

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

The above article brings out that there are non-profit ours sumac plants.  I hope yours is safe to handle.

Okay.  Spell check has to go.

I typed non-poisonous and it was changed to non- profit ours?

Really?