JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

stream.jw.org - "incomplete file" ??

Hi, I'm trying to download the sections of the 2018 Regional Convention in English, and whenever I choose 720p, the download will start but then will immediately give a "failed - incomplete file" error message.

If I try downloading the same video in a lesser resolution, like 540p, it will download fine.

Any ideas?  

☹️

Edited by LRJW

typo

my first idea would be that the 720p is an incomplete/damaged/corrupted file

I would d/l the next best resolution

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Luis, Bro in our Cong had same experience downloading the Convention. This afternoon he downloaded Friday at 540p then discovered he could download Sat and Sun at 720p. Bros in charge of video will no doubt fix the glitch. Good to know it wasn’t due to faulty equipment at your end.

13 hours ago, pnutts said:

Hmmm

Talked with the elder I mentioned in my previous post and he said he had problems last Thursday, Friday and Saturday (7th 8th & 9th). Seems the glitch occurred sometime after your successful download. Anyway, I think the glitch has been fixed.

Oh by the way, we have each day downloaded as separate files, sounds like you have one big single three day file - hmmm.😉

Yes, 6 big files.  I should have clarified that.  And now I'm not able to download ANY section, regardless of the resolution chosen.  It will download about 300mb each time, and then give me either a "FAILED - FORBIDDEN" error, or a "FAILED - NETWORK ERROR" or "FAILED - FILE INCOMPLETE".  

I know it's not my wifi connection or computer, because the same thing happens on different computers, different networks (tried it at work, too), and different internet browsers.

Hopefully the branch knows it's happening.  I don't see any way to let them know about the problem.  

Maybe, please contact the branch and please report it. 

“Just as you want men to do to you, do the same way to them.”

:backflip: Luke 6:31:backflip:                                               

I had issues with Firefox but am trying on chrome. My son said in the sound dept that they had issues with firefox for the annual meeting. Maybe try the different browser. I will have to update tomorrow since I am getting ready to leave my office. I hope it works at the 720 though.