JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Does anyone here drive a Honda Fit? Has it been a reliable car?

Just as the title says, does anyone here drive a Honda Fit? I’m thinking about getting a new one with the CVT transmission next year and was wondering if anyone could tell me how they liked it. I’m already familiar with Honda, as I’ve owned/own 3 Accords. Thanks 🙂

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Until I read your post I had never heard of the Honda Fit.

Honda is known for making a good car.

We used to have a Dodge Caliber with the CVT - ended up getting rid of the car. Seems when the tranny has problems, it is not fixable, it has to be replaced. It was not made to be taken apart without damaging it.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

44 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I just bought a 2017 Honda Ridgeline,  does that count?

Nice. How do you like it?

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

44 minutes ago, Katty said:

There's a handy website that can help you.

I also used to work at AutoZone, so in window shopping for a car, I'd also look at the cost of commonly changed parts.

My biggest regret is that I didn't listen to this site and I ended up with a Ford Taurus.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Fit/

Thanks. This helps a lot. It mainly said that the 2015 Honda Fit had uncomfortable seats. I guess I’ll have to sit in one. 

1 hour ago, Brother Jack said:

Nice. How do you like it?

I love it. I bought it yesterday so we are still on our honeymoon but it is a very nice, comfortable truck.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

48 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

My latest...:lol2:

Gallop is the fastest gear...:lol1:

future-smith-family-capture.jpg

Honda gives here 7 years warranty .. what about States?

Lol yeah I heard they were slow. I’m not worried about that because I’m just getting it for service. I guess I kinda know what to expect because my first car was a 1992 Toyota Camry 4 cyl and the 2018 Honda Fit only produces 3 more horses (Horse power) than that Camry I had. My 2015 Accord coupe came with a 3 year warranty and I was told all Hondas do... at least the ones in the states. My warranty expired this month.

edit: I see that I accidentally responded to your question to brother Richard. Hey Tortuga, is yours Good for another 2 years/3 year warranty?

Edited by Brother Jack

17 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

Hey Tortuga, is yours Good for another 2 years/3 year warranty?

I didn't want to hijack your thread but since you asked...

Yes, the 3yr/36,000 mile warranty is still valid. I registered with Honda today.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Tortuga said:

I didn't want to hijack your thread but since you asked...

Yes, the 3yr/36,000 mile warranty is still valid. I registered with Honda today.

Come on. You should know by now that I get off topic lol

On 6/20/2018 at 10:24 PM, Gregexplore said:

My latest...:lol2:

Gallop is the fastest gear...:lol1:

future-smith-family-capture.jpg

Honda gives here 7 years warranty .. what about States?

This whole time I thought that my Powertrain warranty was up. Turns out all Hondas , at least the ones in the US have a 5 year 60,000 mile Powertrain warranty. The 3 year warranty I mentioned is for regular parts. Wooo hooo! 

Thanks everyone for their input. I decided I’m going to get a 2019 Honda Accord. I’m going to wait until the special edition sport models come out next year. I also wanna wait till fall, before 2020, if this system last that long. You’re more likely to get a better deal on a car during the last quarter of the year. The closer to the end of the year the better. The only bad thing is if you wait too long they might not have the color you want still in stock.

Edited by Brother Jack

I loved Honda, but, my last four cars have been Subaru’s. We live on a rural road that is a bit steep. Actually, at the hall, Subaru’s are pretty well lined up. 

I was in Oregon, and that was the standard. Subaru’s. Got one. 

But, I have a soft spot for Honda’s. We put mud and snow tires on that little Civic, (just thr front tires because it was a front wheel drive), and it went where I wanted it to. Even over snowy passes. People laughed at those ties, but I didn’t care. 

You will enjoy it. I think if I lived where I could have a street car, I’d still be driving Honda’s. 

I got over 300,000 Miles on one of them, and still managed to sell it when I got a new car! 

Edited by Miss Bea

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

21 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

I loved Honda, but, my last four cars have been Subaru’s. We live on a rural road that is a bit steep. Actually, at the hall, Subaru’s are pretty well lined up. 

I was in Oregon, and that was the standard. Subaru’s. Got one. 

But, I have a soft spot for Honda’s. We put mud and snow tires on that little Civic, (just thr front tires because it was a front wheel drive), and it went where I wanted it to. Even over snowy passes. People laughed at those ties, but I didn’t care. 

You will enjoy it. I think if I lived where I could have a street car, I’d still be driving Honda’s. 

I got over 300,000 Miles on one of them, and still managed to sell it when I got a new car! 

I have always loved Subaru but never owned one. I think they have the highest resale value. I like the Imprezas. There’s a young brother who bought one in our hall and it is nice. What year and model was your car that lasted 300,000 miles?

18 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

I have always loved Subaru but never owned one. I think they have the highest resale value. I like the Imprezas. There’s a young brother who bought one in our hall and it is nice. What year and model was your car that lasted 300,000 miles?

It was a small sized green one! One of those that looks like a little van type. Not a sedan. It was the color of a green pool. I wanted it so bad, the color. Sid got it for me, and never again! People one the highway that I didn’t know, knew of me, and that little green car. And all it’s miles. I had a rep! 

It was about six vehicles ago, and we tend to get a new one every three years. (I have my attitude about that, but the husband rules!) 

Then my next Honda was a dark green sedan. Never again. The color. Impossible to keep clean. 

I decided for me it was white, beige, or silver. It doesn’t show dirt as readily, and it melts in with the traffic. 

I’m driving a 2016 silver Legacy. Loaded, and I love it! 

Edited by Miss Bea

Brain fog!

3 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

It was a small sized green one! One of those that looks like a little van type. Not a sedan. It was the color of a green pool. I wanted it so bad, the color. Sid got it for me, and never again! People one the highway that I didn’t know, knew of me, and that little green car. And all it’s miles. I had a rep! 

It was about six vehicles ago, and we tend to get a new one every three years. (I have my attitude about that, but the husband rules!) 

Then my next Honda was a dark green sedan. Never again. The color. Impossible to keep clean. 

I decided for me it was white, beige, or silver. It doesn’t show dirt as readily, and it melts in with the traffic. 

I’m driving a 2016 silver Legacy. Loaded, and I love it! 

Was it a Honda Fit? I also have a 99 Accord sedan that I will be selling after I get my new Accord. It is white and trust me dirt shows up on white cars. My coupe is silver and dirt doesn’t show up as well.

13 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

Was it a Honda Fit? I also have a 99 Accord sedan that I will be selling after I get my new Accord. It is white and trust me dirt shows up on white cars. My coupe is silver and dirt doesn’t show up as well.

No, it was in the 80’s. Before the Fit. 

White cars, and dirt. I guess it’s relative. The white vehicles were not as bad as the dark colored ones. I drove a white GSA Pontiac. For work. A nice car! 

Edited by Miss Bea

8 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

No, it was in the 80’s. Before the Fit. 

White cars, and dirt. I guess it’s relative. The white vehicles were not as bad as the dark colored ones. I drove a white GSA Pontiac. For work. A nice car! 

Yeah I guess they are not as bad as black cars. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2018 at 2:58 PM, Brother Jack said:

Thanks everyone for their input. I decided I’m going to get a 2019 Honda Accord. I’m going to wait until the special edition sport models come out next year. I also wanna wait till fall, before 2020, if this system last that long. You’re more likely to get a better deal on a car during the last quarter of the year. The closer to the end of the year the better. The only bad thing is if you wait too long they might not have the color you want still in stock.

Turns out the special edition accords might not be out next year. I’ll still wait till next year. This is the color I want. 

F72A4B60-6293-4850-8734-DEAE5AB4829B.jpeg

C5F50901-4C82-4C91-94E4-16C4AFADF420.jpeg

309BCC82-C902-412B-B34C-0EEC91826BCA.jpeg

2E7CF180-0AAC-4CB5-ACED-3951A17111BE.jpeg

84C85938-5B41-487C-A2B0-FBAAE8BCC316.jpeg

3BD08C27-9DB4-4859-8514-B723781E3BCB.jpeg

On 6/20/2018 at 6:00 PM, Tortuga said:

I just bought a 2017 Honda Ridgeline,  does that count?

I used my truck out in service for the first time yesterday. There were two sisters in the back seat and I asked them if it was comfortable enough for me to use the truck in service and they both agreed it was riding in a car.

I'm so happy!

1600.thumb.jpg.3832fb245a1dd68dc96b0cc90d134d04.jpg

6 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I used my truck out in service for the first time yesterday. There were two sisters in the back seat and I asked them if it was comfortable enough for me to use the truck in service and they both agreed it was riding in a car.

I'm so happy!

1600.thumb.jpg.3832fb245a1dd68dc96b0cc90d134d04.jpg

Nice truck and color. What color is that?

We have a Honda Ridgeline 2008 RTL AWD with less than 30,000 miles and a 2006 CRV with less than 79,000 miles..all recalls done. Both are very dependable with multi-port fuel injection and use a key to start. After combing thru cars on carcomplaints website, we couldn't find any vehicle to trade for that is new..too many complaints..so we decided we own 2 of the best vehicles and decided to keep them, even though we were wanting to simplify to just 1 vehicle! One issue..headliner started to come loose, so because we are chemical sensitive to glues, we thumb tacked it back up, which worked great!

2018-08-07 00.59.55.png

Edited by SUNRAY

added thought

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif