On 8/6/2018 at 9:47 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:
Po·go·no·pho·bi·a
ˌpōɡənəˈfōbēə/
noun
humorous

1. extreme dislike of beards.

I know sooooo many of those ones who suffer pogonophobia :whistling:

— 

In previous comment I couldn’t edit. So I rewrote it. :) 

I too have phobias. I can’t hold alive fish or a bird. :huh: 

•  

Edited by Guri

I  used to have a fear of snakes..so I got a Burmese Python and regularly handled and fed him, by hand. I got bit a number of times..He was 8 foot in length when he left my household. .

I used to regularly come across rattlesnakes on jobsites, I have caught them live, by hand. Most of them I shot. I have no clue how many I have killed,  many dozens at least. ..

I used to have a fear of spiders, so I caught a Mexican Brown tarantula and kept her for many years. It took some doing but I eventually could pick her up and let her crawl up and down my arms...

I don't feel comfortable being on the water...so we got kayaks. I'm ok on small lakes but I am still kind of iffy.

When I was newly married, back in the '70s, I was with some others from our Congregation and we went to Lake Mead. We were in a 16ft boat and we got caught in a storm. We could see the windfront smashing the waves flat, coming our way. We tried to outrun it but it caught us. We found out later that the wind was measured at 90mph..

There were 8 people on board,  including my 1yr old daughter. There wasn't room for all of us to be under cover so I stood in the middle of the boat, feet wide and holding the edge of the roof. That was fun.

I don't like being on the ocean. That really bugs me. I probably won't ever get on a cruise ship, this side of the new world. ..

I have been on half day fishing trips on a chartered boat out of Long Beach CA.  I went on one overnight trip that went on the backside of Catalina Island.  On the way back to port I sat on the very front of the boat, holding onto the rail and dangled my bare feet over the edge. I could feel the spray from the bowwave on my feet. That was fun..

My biggest fear is that of being ineffective. I hate being in situations where I can not affect the outcome.

I'm working on that one ---

I  used to have a fear of snakes..so I got a Burmese Python and regularly handled and fed him, by hand. I got bit a number of times..He was 8 foot in length when he left my household. .

I used to regularly come across rattlesnakes on jobsites, I have caught them live, by hand. Most of them I shot. I have no clue how many I have killed,  many dozens at least. ..

I used to have a fear of spiders, so I caught a Mexican Brown tarantula and kept her for many years. It took some doing but I eventually could pick her up and let her crawl up and down my arms...

I don't feel comfortable being on the water...so we got kayaks. I'm ok on small lakes but I am still kind of iffy.

When I was newly married, back in the '70s, I was with some others from our Congregation and we went to Lake Mead. We were in a 16ft boat and we got caught in a storm. We could see the windfront smashing the waves flat, coming our way. We tried to outrun it but it caught us. We found out later that the wind was measured at 90mph..
There were 8 people on board,  including my 1yr old daughter. There wasn't room for all of us to be under cover so I stood in the middle of the boat, feet wide and holding the edge of the roof. That was fun.

I don't like being on the ocean. That really bugs me. I probably won't ever get on a cruise ship, this side of the new world. ..
I have been on half day fishing trips on a chartered boat out of Long Beach CA.  I went on one overnight trip that went on the backside of Catalina Island.  On the way back to port I sat on the very front of the boat, holding onto the rail and dangled my bare feet over the edge. I could feel the spray from the bowwave on my feet. That was fun..

My biggest fear is that of being ineffective. I hate being in situations where I can not affect the outcome.

I'm working on that one ---

Ever have fear of heights?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Yes, I have a fear of heights

Yes, I have a fear of ^^^^^^^

Yes, I have a fear of heights. I really do not know why but I have been that way as far back as I can remember.

Don't get me wrong, I have been on some roofs. I have ridden in elevators and escalators.

However,

• I have never been in, and will never ride, in one of those glass elevators that goes up the outside of a building
  • I don't want to use a really long/high escalator
  • I have needed to on and off a couple roofs because I froze up
  • I took the train to NY, twice, because I won't fly

On the other hand, I have NO fear of

• electricity - I can work on live wires with no problem
  • dogs - and believe me, they know it and tend to leave me alone
  • the dark - I actually enjoy the dark ... the best way to see the sky
  • snakes, insect, spiders, etc - don't bother me at all

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Yes, I have a fear of heights
Yes, I have a fear of ^^^^^^^
Yes, I have a fear of heights. I really do not know why but I have been that way as far back as I can remember.

Don't get me wrong, I have been on some roofs. I have ridden in elevators and escalators.

However,
  • I have never been in, and will never ride, in one of those glass elevators that goes up the outside of a building
  • I don't want to use a really long/high escalator
  • I have needed to on and off a couple roofs because I froze up
  • I took the train to NY, twice, because I won't fly
On the other hand, I have NO fear of
  • electricity - I can work on live wires with no problem
  • dogs - and believe me, they know it and tend to leave me alone
  • the dark - I actually enjoy the dark ... the best way to see the sky
  • snakes, insect, spiders, etc - don't bother me at all

Don't have a fear of heights, I used to be an ironworker, now I operate tower cranes. Currently my crane is 260'

Okay...we don't have 70 silos and I wouldn't climb 70 silos,

even if I had the energy to do so.

So, let's try this again:

I can climb  our 70 foot tall silos no sweat.

The view is incredible from up there.

1611884653_Farmsilos.jpg.6ce9244c32efefaa5639f8c31b3ef9dd.jpg

It's when they are empty and I look down

that seventy foot deep dark hole that I freak out.:D

1590648190_Insideasilo.jpg.45c263e56fd655da0e2adc5ddcca7106.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

Ever have fear of heights?

Nope, height never bothered me. I used to walk those red iron beams just like you did.

When I lived in the SoCal desert one of my neighbors was a tech for one style of wind turbines. These were made in Holland and the prop hub height was 150feet above the ground. 

He invited me to go up in one so I did. We wore the standard fall protection stuff until we got into the House. He did what he needed to do and then asked if I wanted to go up on the roof...why certainly, I would.

The roof was 165 foot up, we walked around up there for a bit, I walked over to the edge and looked around, did the typical thing;  I spit over the side and and watched till it landed. It was fun...

https://goo.gl/images/CJMNyH

Okay...we don't have 70 silos and I wouldn't climb 70 silos,
even if I had the energy to do so.

So, let's try this again:

I can climb  our 70 foot tall silos no sweat.

The view is incredible from up there.

1611884653_Farmsilos.jpg.6ce9244c32efefaa5639f8c31b3ef9dd.jpg

It's when they are empty and I look down

that seventy foot deep dark hole that I freak out.

1590648190_Insideasilo.jpg.45c263e56fd655da0e2adc5ddcca7106.jpg

I've always liked your Silo's ... really like the picture of inside. did u take that from the door on the side or where u in there? that would be freaky!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, SheyZ said:

I've always liked your Silo's ... really like the picture of inside. did u take that from the door on the side or where u in there? that would be freaky!emoji33.pngemoji33.png

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Those are just pics of silos I Googled.  

Took a lot less time.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Looking down the 3 ft hatch on top of the old Kingdome would make me pucker more than a little. Standing on a wide flat concrete slab, sperated from a  300 ft drop by a 6 inch hatch curb was almost too much. Very interesting to see center field from that height, made me wonder if I could see the cheap seats if I leaned over just a little.....:oops:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Definitely cockroaches😨.

Heights. When I was younger, heights never used to bother me but these days I get a bit giddy. I'm ok on top of a tall building for example, but the thought of standing on a ledge or something and not being protected by a wall or fence terrifies me. Similarly, ladders because they are too rickety. 

I'm a bit skittish in the dark too. 😂. My imagination tends to see all sorts lurking in corners. This stems from reading and watching too many horror stories when I was young. Even now that I know the truth, sometimes I get a bit panicky in a dark place. It just shows how the fears and ignorance of our youth can shape our lives