JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Let's share our phobias :O

If you wanna that is.

I don't have nearly as many phobias as I used to. having dealt with my anxiety has helped quite a bit, so I'll start with phobias I used to have.

Spacephobia: I still struggle when my anxiety is high if a picture of outer space pops up by surprise, but it's not as nearly as bad as when I was young. It was really bad. I could not stand to see a close up picture of the sun or images of giant nebulae or just deep space. It would make me so anxious and I'd have to look away. Space still terrifies me. It's so big, black and deadly. The universe freaks me out, but it's more of a thrill. Like when I watch vids about UY Scuti, a star whose immense magnitude is far beyond our grasp of imagination.

Okay the official term is katsaridophobia...if you look up that word, I'm pretty sure it will pull up stuff about cockroaches. I used to have bad cockroach phobia. I lived in New Orleans where those things would fly right at you. I had one crawl down my back when I was in the shower when I was a kid. :shutup: It's calmed down a bit. They still startle me when they pop up like on an article of clothing I'm grabbing or something, but it's not crippling like it used to be.

I still have bad fear of heights and fairly bad fear of the dark. There's this cave where they turn off the lights for a second to show you how dark it is without lights. I would not go to that cave. Even those few minutes would make me so nervous that the electricity would randomly go out XD XD. I have vague memories, though, of a half brother, dangling me over the balcony of our second story porch, and turning off my bedroom light and closing the door just for kicks. That might be a big source of my bad fear of heights at least. I'm of the opinion we all have a fear of the dark. It's just that some handle it better than others.

Only thing I hate is Ladders. I don't really have a problem with heights. My Dad sure did. I can go up an extension ladder no problem. but if it wobbles all over the place no way. I could climb around on any roof frame and roof climb trees you name it. Other than that I can't really say I have a "phobia".

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I used to have fear of the dark. A few uears after I became a witness in 1975, i decided when I was frightened I would pray to Jehovah and sing kingdom songs. It took practice but in a short period of time I was not afraid of the dark anymore... i do not watch scary movies.

any bug or spider that moves fast freak's me out

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, Greg Dent said:

Only thing I hate is Ladders. I don't really have a problem with heights. My Dad sure did. I can go up an extension ladder no problem. but if it wobbles all over the place no way. I could climb around on any roof frame and roof climb trees you name it. Other than that I can't really say I have a "phobia".

I hate ladders. Indoor ladders are okay, but outdoor ladders no way!

My biggest phobia is getting lost. As a kid I got lost on the subway in NYC.  Ever since that, I am really scared of getting lost and I have no concept or reading maps. Just ask Grumpy. 

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

In the back of my mind, I fear forgetting how to get back home. It's never happened though. I forget so many important  details on a day by day basis, that I think  I've given up caring if I remember anything anymore. But I'll forget this too in a few days, so it's not really that important right now.   I'll just focus on the big picture. So long as I am on the earth, then I am home. :backflip::lol:

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, SheyZ said:

i like short beards. long beards nauseate me. so do dread locks 🤢🤢

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I like beards, too.   But I love mustaches.  I think they make men look dashing and distinguished.

My post was explaining what someone else's phobia was. Thought I'd save everyone else from

having to look it up.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif