JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Help with jw library app please

im trying to clean up things a bit... is there anyway of deleting the entire contents of the "personal study " section , or do you have to delete every post that is saved there one by one ( it seems to save everything i ever underline for any meeting - study etc... is that normal ? ) 

thnx in advance . Gu 

39 minutes ago, anniebea said:

Not with me anyway... I still lean towards pencil and paper

You will enjoy the October Study Watchtower.  One article on using the electronic Teaching Toolbox and the last two on responding to change joyfully.  I've clipped a paragraph to help you get the sense of the study material. Remember, these are the "Study" articles for our weekend meeting.  Enjoy....😉

oct.JPG

Edited by jwhess

I do use my tablet all the time at the meetings but lean towards pen and paper for note taking in my personal study. 

Electronic devices are great but rely on being charged,  there maybe a time when I'm grateful for my paper notes... I have a full note book in my go bag 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I do believe that one of the reasons we have been urged to do more and better personal study is so we can lean on our memory when times get tough because we may not have power or paper.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

18 minutes ago, stuagu said:

All valid comments gang... so i assume there is no way to delete the personal study in one go  and il have to delete one by one unless i delete the app and losee everything? .... 

Br. Stuart, that was a wonderful comment to bring us all back to the original question at hand.  I do not have the answer.  I appreciate the reminder, though.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, stuagu said:

All valid comments gang... so i assume there is no way to delete the personal study in one go  and il have to delete one by one unless i delete the app and losee everything? .... 

Hi Stuart

Just pick a clean instalation of JWLibrary (from your phone or a friend's phone) save the clean backup (or with one single note)

Then open this clean backup on your tablet and you'll have everything wipped out at once

On 7/5/2018 at 8:55 PM, stuagu said:

im trying to clean up things a bit... is there anyway of deleting the entire contents of the "personal study " section , or do you have to delete every post that is saved there one by one ( it seems to save everything i ever underline for any meeting - study etc... is that normal ? ) 

thnx in advance . Gu 

If you are using a device using the android operating system, you can go to settings, then apps, then jw library, then “ clear data “ or similar.

Please note that after doing this you will need to download the publications again, but the app remains intact.

• 2 weeks later...

You can get rid of everything in one clean swipe, at least on an Android device (unsure about iOS or windows)

By going to settings/storage/apps/then going to the jw app and hit "clear data"

Problem with this solution, tho, is it will also delete your bookmarked items, favorites, non default settings, and possibly publications, unless you have them stored to SD card, I believe

Otherwise it looks like you'll have to delete individually

On 7/5/2018 at 12:55 PM, stuagu said:

thnx in advance . Gu 

I can think of a workaround to do this.

If you have backed up and restored your personal study notes, then back up the notes from a device that doesn't have any notes and use that to restore the notes on the other device. You overwrite the file with a blank file...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I can think of a workaround to do this.

If you have backed up and restored your personal study notes, then back up the notes from a device that doesn't have any notes and use that to restore the notes on the other device. You overwrite the file with a blank file...

Exactly like I said above 😉

33 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Exactly like I said above 😉

Oh, sorry, I didn't see that. 

Uh...great idea!

😁

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 minutes ago, For Hire 24 said:

so there we have it..3 identical answers expressed differently...aren't you glad you came on here .. Lol 😁 

I think you offered a different method but the end result would be the same.