JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Fur Babies

Tortuga

13 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

@GeordieGirl I’ll buy them next time I’m in Cannington. Chances are, she'll balk at the good stuff too 😹. So then I can at least pass it on to you with your less fussy moggies 😻😸.  I’ll let you know how it goes.

I can get some for you with a 20% discount ... and then we could meet up for coffee ... like we need an excuse ;).  I can ask my personal pet food oracle, DD, which are the best ones.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

If your Cat has problems with kidneys make sure their food does not have ash in it. That can make them get crystals in their blatter. That is painful. Our cats used to get that so I started buying food from the vet to make sure they did not get any of that. Its just filler and does them no good. Read the ingredients if their is ash forget it. If there are words you can pronounce forget it. We used to give our kitties the water off the tuna and salmon oil. They loved it. Got so if we opened a can of beans we had to let them sniff the lid to leave us alone LOL. As for drinking from the tap our one cat Gizmo use to do that. Not a big deal we would turn it on in the morning and shut it off when she was done. Then when we got home from work do it again. Then when we went to bed. No big deal. 

Why bother trying to switch their food or drinking habits. If they are happy let them be. Our American Short Hair wanted tap water because it was fresh. Do you like drinking out of a glass of water that sat around all day warm and stale? 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

10 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I remember reading something about dog food being bad for cats. Do you remember what it was?

Its a lack of required nutrients, which they add back in to commercial cat food. For example, Taurine gets removed when you cook meat (which any protein in commercial pet food will be), which is why they put it back in, 'fortify' it. If you're feeding a cat yourself, it should not be cooked, they need raw meat like chicks, mice, rabbits, birds, fish, or eggs in order to not suffer malnutrition.

There's a lot of reviews on Pottenger's Cats for and against raw diets on the internet. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_M._Pottenger_Jr.#Pottenger's_cats

Edited by Myew

• 2 weeks later...

If your cat doesn´t drink enough, you could try a "cat fountain". Some cats prefer fluent water. My cat drinks a lot since we have two of these fountains.

We have this type of fountain (pottery, not plastic):

b800.jpg

Edited by coonie77

Chrissy :wave:

9 minutes ago, coonie77 said:

If your cat doesn´t drink enough, you could try a "cat fountain".

We tried one once and it was too noisy for our older cat, she wouldn't get near it.

I found that if we put just a little bit of her wet food in a small bowl of water that she will drink it. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

27 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

We tried one once and it was too noisy for our older cat, she wouldn't get near it.

I found that if we put just a little bit of her wet food in a small bowl of water that she will drink it. 

As long as you´ve found a solution, everything´s fine :yes:

First we also had a very loud type of fountain, but then we changed to the one you see on the photo - and it makes no sound at all!

Chrissy :wave:

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I call it her Fishyssoise 😂

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D