JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

3rd Kingdom Hall burned to the ground. Washington State

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2101 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Greg Dent said:

Disgusting. Jehovah's Hand will help these officers Find this person or persons. 

I don't think this a new one but think the July 3rd one which we already know about. 

It appears this has been reported again because a reward has been offered.

https://www.theolympian.com/news/local/crime/article215097125.html

Multiple law enforcement agencies gathered Wednesday morning in Olympia to announce a reward for information regarding three arson fires and one shooting at three Jehovah’s Witnesses Kingdom Hall locations in Thurston County this spring.

Anyone with information that leads to an arrest and conviction in connection to these crimes is offered a $25,000 payout. In addition, the Arson Alarm Foundation is offering a $10,000 reward and the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office is offering $1,000 through South Sound Crime Stoppers for a total payout of $36,000.

• The third incident took place May 15 when an unknown suspect shot at a Kingdom Hall in Yelm. Police said about 35 rifle rounds were fired at the building causing more than $10,000 in damage.
  • On July 3, police believe the same suspect came back to an Olympia Kingdom Hall and finished what he had started in March. The fire set in July destroyed the building.

36 minutes ago, Saffron said:

Unbelievable!! I thought they had a suspect with the last one. Wonder what happened with that.. 

It is the same one sothey did have a suspect but obviously it came to nothing because they are now offering a reward.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I thought there was a reward for the last one. Thanks for rounding it out. I didn't have all the info on the other two. They are thinking its the same waco on this one. Jehovah will direct the detectives to find this scum bag. He will be really sorry when that happens. Its a hate crime now. It offers stiffer penalties.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

3 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

They suspect someone with a grudge, not a general hater of JW

Thats what I suspect as well. Maybe someone who was DF or who feels like they were treated unfairly in some way. May Fortunately most people don't run around burning KHs, but sometimes these kinds of things get really emotionally charged. 

I have also wondered if it could be someone who has never been in the truth. Maybe a family member or spouse of someone who is a JW. Maybe a former boyfriend. The world loves it's own, but when a decision is made to serve Jehovah, sometimes the reactions of people are something to contend with. 

A general JW hatrer does seem unlikely. We have do not call lists for that. 

Hope whoever this is gets caught before anyone gets hurt. 

Very unsettling that he started firing a weapon inside the hall. The bullets could have went through the doors and hit someone outside maybe. Never know. I'm glad they put this into a hate crime category. It increases the awareness level of the investigators and the penalties he will face when he is caught. I am sure Jehovah will help them find this guy. They are acting in Jehovah's favour now. He will help them bring this person to justice. 

Does anyone know if there was a circuit overseers apartment in any of these halls? If there was I hope they are ok.

There was three burned down in total so they have a real wake up call coming. Something I am very happy about is no comment section on the site. That is nice to see. 

Edited by Greg Dent

10 hours ago, Greg Dent said:

There was three burned down in total so they have a real wake up call coming. Something I am very happy about is no comment section on the site. That is nice to see. 

Where are you getting that three KH were burned down. There were two fires at one KH, one in March and one that finished the job recently. A second KH was damaged by fire but not burned down. A third KH was shot up by gun fire but it was not burned down to my knowledge.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Oh I thought all 3 had been burned. Still one is enough let alone 2 being burned. The restoration on the one that was put out would have taken a lot of work to restore. Smoke and water damage would have been extensive.

Edited by Greg Dent