JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peter knowles

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2046 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

24 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

You might be interested in the article From Soccer Stardom to Godly Devotion from 1979.

Thank you for sharing that article, Johan.  It was interesting to note the differences between the tabloid version and the Awake magazine.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

8 hours ago, Thesauron said:

You might be interested in the article From Soccer Stardom to Godly Devotion from 1979.

Thank you Johan, that was kind of you to link that for us...

That Brother had an interesting journey into the Truth. It was fun to read both articles, the difference between them was obvious...

There’s a new article about a former professional tennis player, Veli Paloheimo, on our website from today.

The Bible Changes Lives: The Best Prize of My Life

I like this sentence: “I’m very glad that my three sons have followed in my footsteps​—not as sportsmen, but as Christians.”

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I liked this part from the Veli Paloheimo experience, "In my case, it did not take a personal tragedy to make me think about God. Nor did I consider myself a person who was searching for the truth. I felt that my life was fairly good and that I could not ask for more. Yet, unexpectedly, as if Bible truth had been waiting for me to find it, I discovered that life has a deeper meaning, and my life has become far better than I could have imagined! "

I well remember when Brother Knowles was becoming a JW and he was so well known it was on all the TV channels' news in 1969. He was filmed actually going off the pitch and leaving a big game to attend a meeting - A substitute was brought on to fill in for him, but he left the soccer scene completely  after that televised episode.

Edited by retroHelen