JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Keto, IF and OMAD...

51 minutes ago, Myew said:

Have you tried tightening the timings of when you normally eat meals or eaten 2 meals in a day or gone without snacks before or are you just trying to go from 3-4 to 1?

I had been doing 18-20 hours fasting for few weeks, and mostly I had several meals during eating window.... Now, I am trying to do one meal a day, which is 23/1... It may not be precisely one meal, but what I want is fewer meals... I tend to stuff myself with food when I have longer eating window, so I think of OMAD to have more self control 

:bouncing:

• 4 months later...
On 1/7/2019 at 2:59 PM, bagwell1987 said:

OMGoodness I started Keto on the 15th too. I was doing Low Carb before that and an elimination diet for the last year and 9 months before Low Carb. Apparently we're losing about 10-12 pounds a month, I think I'm ok with that.

I've also lost around 30, I'm weighing in tomorrow to see just how much. I'm doing strict Keto, no dairy except a little bit of grated cheddar in my broccoli salad and butter occasionally in my stirfry's (which I eat a LOT of). I feel better since letting go of cream or 1/2 1/2.

Question; do you find you eat the same thing for a period of time? If so what are you eating now? I'm hooked on stirfry. Cabbage, grated carrot, broccoli, cauli, asparagus, bean sprouts & onion. Meats are Cloverdale brand german sausages, mussels and shrimp, thin sliced steak, thin sliced pork loin. Oyster sauce, aminos, teriyaki (very little) garlic, sesame oil, black sesame seed. 

The variations that can be made with the ingredients keep it from becoming boring, which I admit I get often because of my food limitations due to allergies.

I've been estatic since I begun my keto journey just 6mths ago, 12/25/20. 35lbs just fell off...without strenuous exercises or starving myself.  The best part is that a lot of condtions have disappeared, like sugar headaches, scary palpitations, anxiety, and more!

What or who started you on Keto? For me it was Dr. Berg. He doesn't speak Dr. language to you, he explains everything on a level that even a newborn can comprehend. ☺️

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

• 1 month later...

No, but I'd be willing to try. I've made my own but it's not stellar and since I'm allergic to tomato it had better be tasty if I'm going to indulge. So, it it tasty? Is it on the sweet side or vinegar side?

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

No, but I'd be willing to try. I've made my own but it's not stellar and since I'm allergic to tomato it had better be tasty if I'm going to indulge. So, it it tasty? Is it on the sweet side or vinegar side?

Don’t hurt yourself not that great. 74ec747034876d55b43e2cd94ecddbcf.jpg
My taste buds detect both vinegar and probably the sucralose