JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Keto, IF and OMAD...

13 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I chew Dentyne Fire.  No aspartame.  Great tasting.  Taste doesn't last long, though.

Have to keep popping fresh gum in. (tu)

spacer.png

That’s my biggest complaint about gum in general. Chew for 5 minutes and flavor is gone.

Some day i’ll try that Pur and see if it’s any different. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

53 minutes ago, Dove said:

Always liked Dentyne..it's even like a breath mint..

Dentyne is so hot (just the regular version, there is no way I would try that).  I just can't tolerate it.  I think I will order one pack and see how it goes.  

52 minutes ago, Dove said:

Meant to say fillings, not cavities. Cavities would be great..😁

Sandra, I was going to buy stock in it, if it would pull out cavities.  :)  

• 4 months later...

Well, here’s the latest on how I’m doing. 

Some I may have already mentioned about this. O well.

Back in May sometime before our convention I ordered a couple pair of summer shorts. 

Didn’t fit. ☹️

Tried a pair on sometime last month and I could zip but no way was I going to get it buttoned. ☹️☹️

I tried on a pair today and lo and behold I not only got them zipped AND buttoned but they fit very comfortably. 😁😁😁😁😁😁

Ooooo, what a great feeling.

Keto on everyone. 🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

On 3/10/2019 at 4:37 PM, Jeanie said:

Dentyne is so hot (just the regular version, there is no way I would try that).  I just can't tolerate it.  I think I will order one pack and see how it goes.  

Sandra, I was going to buy stock in it, if it would pull out cavities.  :)  

Me too for sure  😀

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

• 1 month later...

Ok I did ESE (Eat Stop Eat) Tuesday Lunch to Wednesday Lunch...I loved the cold feeling up to time of Wednesday lunch then contrast after eating huge lunch Wednesday of burning up...guess felt transition from Ketosis to Digestion...Will do another ESE one day this weekend!

Going for high school weight!

12 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

Ok I did ESE (Eat Stop Eat) Tuesday Lunch to Wednesday Lunch...I loved the cold feeling up to time of Wednesday lunch then contrast after eating huge lunch Wednesday of burning up...guess felt transition from Ketosis to Digestion...Will do another ESE one day this weekend!

Going for high school weight!emoji2958.pngemoji2960.pngemoji6.png

Explain this to me. Not familiar with it.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

5 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Explain this to me. Not familiar with it.

It’s another way of saying IF (intermittent fasting).

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13

Intermittent Fasting Protocols and the authors

16:8 Martin Berkham

20:4 Warrior Diet Ori Hofmeklr

24 Fast Eat Stop Eat Brad Pilon

All authors recommend strength training to complement one's IF plan, which of course everyone can tweak according to what works best for them....

I haven't kept track of my intermittent fasting lately. But I'm down to just eating too modest meals a day and maybe a boiled egg or two before I go to bed.

I'm down 65 pounds which makes my breathing feel better and I would like to say I have more energy but that's really not the case. Maybe it's my age😲

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 2 weeks later...

My weight has been on a stall for about 2 months however I am losing inches like crazy. I finally had to break down and go clothing shopping last week. I have enough skirts and my work pants still stay on my hips but all of my shirts had to be replaced. The last meeting I went to before I went shopping I had on a top which used to be small, I kept having to pull up the shoulders, it kept falling off my shoulders and when I brought it back up I then had this big wad of fabric in the front of my chest hahaha, okay it's time to go shopping!

1800 calories in one meal? My goodness what in the world did you eat? I can honestly say that I've come close to a thousand calories in a meal, that's when I eat beef and have cheese with it.

Edited by bagwell1987

You are having NSVs (NonScaleVictories) my sister! Enjoy! Lol... I broke fast today with 1400 calories today.... Will eat 700 more by 9:00pm...

Yesterday I had:

1 large Hass avocado

1 can chunk light tuna

1 can sardines

1 serving black beans

3 oz smoked almonds

3 or 4 protein bars

By the way my scale moved.... Tomorrow after meeting is my official weigh-in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Oh goodness, you have to share!

Another sister, actually the sister who brought me into the truth, has recently lost a hundred and forty five pounds but the scale for the last couple of months has not moved either however when we met up yesterday, for the first time in a couple months, I could tell her size was smaller and she called me skinny mini! So yes I am having small victories, I'll take whatever I can get! My goal is to be back down into my size tens by January. But we'll see, if I get close then I'll be a very happy camper. I tend to weigh heavier because I'm a muscular woman, I actually have bigger biceps than most men, and no that is not a compliment for a woman. Always wanted to be one of those soft squishy women but it's so not going to happen.

How much have you lost so far? And which bars do you eat? I eat kirkland

Edited by bagwell1987

Added question

Yup! My favorite are chocolate peanut butter chunk (having it as we speak) and chocolate brownie. I'll eat cookies n cream but it's not my favorite. BUT the Premier protein cookies n cream shake is really great!

Oh goodness, you have to share!
Another sister, actually the sister who brought me into the truth, has recently lost a hundred and forty five pounds but the scale for the last couple of months has not moved either however when we met up yesterday, for the first time in a couple months, I could tell her size was smaller and she called me skinny mini!

There's no plateau just a metabolic lag...patience.

So yes I am having small victories, I'll take whatever I can get! My goal is to be back down into my size tens by January.
Stay the course!

But we'll see, if I get close then I'll be a very happy camper. I tend to weigh heavier because I'm a muscular woman, I actually have bigger biceps than most men, and no that is not a compliment for a woman.

I'm still jealous of your biceps..

Always wanted to be one of those soft squishy women but it's so not going to happen.

Jesus will make you a soft squishy woman soon.

How much have you lost so far?
About 20 lbs
And which bars do you eat? I eat kirkland too.

Thanks so much, I appreciate your input. My 'guns' make me embarrassed most times, I try to hide them. But it's my attribute I guess. We all have something.

Maybe in the NS I'll be a soft squishy gal.

Good job! Keep it up! 

My SIL has lost 83, MD 55. We all have a January goal. I weighed myself again yesterday and the scale is still not budging but today I wore one of my new tops to meeting and didn't feel the need to keep my jacket on. My stomach was flat, feels great. 

Had a 4 hour study after meeting with only 1 piece of pepperjack, 2 oz turkey and 1 romain leaf....got home to eat cucumber, steak and small salad...8 carbs. Have enough room to eat a Peanut Butter bar before bed, ummm desert!

Edited by bagwell1987

My wife and I did keto many years ago and lost 100 and 130 lbs respectively. Since moving back to NJ five years ago, we've gained most of it back. We've decided it's impossible to do keto all the time while living here (because all the best foods are carbs) so we've decided to do a modified keto. Basically, stick to keto from Monday to Friday and eat what we want (not how much we want) on weekends. Has anyone else done something like this? I know it will take longer to lose the weight but I think it's the best way for us to keep our sanity. 🤣

I'm an 'all or nothing' person. My kids do a cheat day now and again but I just can't. 

I really do want the things I used to eat but keto is beneficial for my health, I don't want to add back in preservatives and sugar.

I know it's hard, best thoughts for you folks.