JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Keto, IF and OMAD...

Wow!

I ate bacon and eggs at mid-morning and then at 3 I ate 5 oz of shank meat with one sprig of broccoli and a quarter cup of Keto cheese sauce. And then I had a terrible sweet tooth today, very uncommon for me, so I ate a carb friendly chocolate bar, I only ate a little over half of it which was three carbs. It's called Lily's and I got it at the Natural Food Market. So so far I've only had 6 grams of carbs and barely over a thousand calories for the whole day. I am going to have a chocolate peanut butter Kirkland bar before 7 and that will put me at 10 carbs for the day. And no I'm not hungry at all, I plan on fasting from 7 tonight until noon tomorrow.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

Wow!

I ate bacon and eggs at mid-morning and then at 3 I ate 5 oz of shank meat with one sprig of broccoli and a quarter cup of Keto cheese sauce. And then I had a terrible sweet tooth today, very uncommon for me, so I ate a carb friendly chocolate bar, I only ate a little over half of it which was three carbs. It's called Lily's and I got it at the Natural Food Market. So so far I've only had 6 grams of carbs and barely over a thousand calories for the whole day. I am going to have a chocolate peanut butter Kirkland bar before 7 and that will put me at 10 carbs for the day. And no I'm not hungry at all, I plan on fasting from 7 tonight until noon tomorrow.

Lily's is great, but have you tried any of the Bake Believe chocolate chips?  They are made with Stevia (not sure how you feel about artificial sweeteners), but these things are amazing.  I also make a lot of the Chaffle recipes with Jordan Skinny Syrups that can curb a sweet tooth.  There are a ton of recipes online for Sweet Chaffle recipes.  It has been a game changer for me.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I had to do it. My medium size work pants made me look like I was wearing a diaper! So I ordered size small this week! That and some underthings that needed a smaller size too. Feels great. The friends are calling me 'skinny', hardly the truth, but it feels nice to have it that obvious. 

This weeks' recipes from Pinterest, if you want a link I can send it, 

Jalapeno Popper Chicken with cream cheese and crunchy pork rind topping

Chicken cheese bake

chicken with broccoli, fresh spinach and cheese

I know these recipes sound like they call for a lot of cheese and they do, I don't like that much dairy so cut it back to almost half. Thus reducing the over-all carb count. 

I've been averaging 960 calories a day and about 17 carbs. So far today at 5 PM I'm only at 9 and NOT hungry at all. Had a big tuna and artichokes lunch, and a Kirkland bar for breakfast. 

Tracey how you doing??

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Oh huh, how'd you find this? A little disturbing about the blood transfusion, not that you ever would.:no: Just really odd. I don't generally gravitate to things that go so far beyond what is common or usual. But to each their own. Wondering what caught your attention

This kind of diet would/wouldn't be good for diabetics???

I'm trying to change my diet and choose healthier foods but when I don't eat for say 4 hours my body starts to feel sick. Would like to try Keto but scared. 

Is Keto and ketoacidosis similar? Anyone.

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

No Ketoacidosis is not ketosis one is a very dangerous diabetic condition when your blood sugars have run really high and the other is where your body burns fat and produces ketones which fuels your body.

If you are diabetic and on medication then you should speak to your doctor about doing keto. You will probably need to alter your medication. However I have heard that keto helps diabetics if they do it under the supervision of their doctor. Ie:- lowers the amount of meds they have to take and in some cases can reverse it a bit.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

I have been doing a mixture of OMAD (one meal a day) / Warrior Diet (20/4) and mostly keto for the past 3 months. I am really enjoying it as it fits my lifestyle.

I was nearly reaching 16 stone at 15st 11lbs but managed to get it down to 14st. I am back up to 14st 5lbs after a holiday as the diet went out of the window for 10 days however I don’t mind as normally holidays make me gain over a stone so it has definitely helped.

I find Keto and OMAD quite liberating to be honest. I can go for periods of time without eating quite easily (although the first week was a little tough) but I also love eating large satisfying meals. I can quite easily eat 2000-3000 calories in a meal and I really look forward to that meal. It makes me appreciate food even more and I am eating better whole foods because of it.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Mostly I do a 10 to 12 hour fast, I have a problem with eating too much food in one sitting. I feel great if I eat one moderate meal and 2 itty bitty snacks. Yesterday I had 2 1/2 oz tuna, 5 grape tomato and pickles for breakfast at 7am, (I didn't eat dinner the night before) then didn't eat till 3:30 where I had 6 oz shank, 1 oz swiss, 2 tbs sour cream and salsa. That's it. 

All I had was 717 calories and 9 carbs all day. And felt great.

I'm trying to change my diet and choose healthier foods but when I don't eat for say 4 hours my body starts to feel sick. Would like to try Keto but scared. 

As mentioned work with your Dr. However, we are all unique...if you are a type 2....try low carbing first...and that's about 50-150 grams of carbs per day which is much lower than the SAD...Standard American Diet....
Keto is less than 30 grams a day..that takes serious research and understanding of the metabolic changes the body goes through...that's going beyond nutritional ketosis to keto adaptation also known as fat-adaptation.

You need to find your sweet spot for nutrition...Have fun with your personal biohack...

What has helped me th drop 2 full sizes in 3 months is the Carb Manager app. You just load your foods in each day and it calculates your carbs, fat, protein and calories. It is THEE thing that has helped me understand what is good for me or not. I have to say I thought all vegetables were all right but boy was I wrong. And who knew onions were so incredibly high in carbs. So if you do choose to do Keto download that app, I have it on my phone, tablet and computer.

I can say that my son-in-law was just turning into a diabetic when he decided to do Keto, he is now down 98 lb. And he stays right around 20 carbs per day.

Edited by bagwell1987

19 hours ago, Life4u said:

You know I'm thinking about what you said above, I remember when I was at my heaviest I would suffer if I went more than 4 hours between eating. But I started this journey almost 3 years ago. I began by eliminating all nightshade vegetables and the associated fruits that are also a trigger if you're allergic to nightshades. Which many people are and don't realize it. Then I started doing what I used to do many years ago which was called 40-30-30 fat burning nutrition. And I lost a little bit more weight with that. But what I did not realize is the reality of the carbohydrates in vegetables. And like I said previously getting that carb app has changed my life.

So perhaps eat like you need to eat only eat what fits within your carb allotment for the day. Figure out what vegetables you can eat combine it with meat and cheese and disperse it throughout the day. That way your blood sugar stays stable. And honestly I think that eating this way will help you with your diabetes, I have heard it over and over again that many people with diabetes have been incredibly helped with it by eating this way. But of course as always, make sure your doctor knows what you're doing, one group of people that were in their 90s did this way of eating with their doctor's help and their health extremely improved.

Hope the best for you.

This fluffy, moist and incredibly tasty low carb and keto blueberry cake, made with almond flour....

Low Carb Keto Blueberry Cake

My HbA1c  is quite high. And I have the same problem as Sister Charlotte @Life4u  On top of that,  I get gastric pain if I take my breakfast too late or try to forgo my breakfast.

Recently I have my first taste of keto butter cake with blueberries at Alzheimer Disease Foundation's yard sale. Some one bought it, broke a piece and pronounced it inedible, on account of the weird taste. It cost USD2  and she offered to give it to me because I had bought a piece of butter cake ($2.20) from the same vendor and was telling her how much I loved the cake. Without a 2nd thought, I took that piece of cake from her. She really felt bad about breaking off a bit of the cake. The optics. My 1st bite elicited the same response as that of my benefactor. It was barely sweet. Once my taste buds got used to the bland taste, I enjoyed it tremendously. The taste of almond flour was beyond incredible. And that keto piece kept me going while shopping for 4 hours without taking my lunch. Go Go KETO.

RBWR82MSzgykQmrhRHUbZPTqrG0zLoIdxhrMsHRWqnOJaPu5CFWm7cc-2ePivA7rc7ooXpfbrY8DwH65Jy6ioBUNkOlm3-rwkWH6b21pw-fhKUfdXDwMIt2QzJhGvKWDXeTktnyF3eldhE5DT0GDw6sxs8tU_zX8r8qpNmgtiPWD4JgaYbCUDqGZQiFyH99EB2Gmeysq2Z7JdNy8JmNOogW0Nn6c2V-WEtr-IhwhiGDXg8oh_sWNMUpZ2ZatqsN6cwtpCkyFYKVHC5md5ZqkZnHa1E3Gzdw1JbDBaEp7XEPXyqvzzil33UlBuANac3qtmYGLvLxXevky3F3Rrg9jjAjlL6NP2MmDs6du2ofDSWCyzPzjolV1PoIQ8fs3V801kYP5SiM20OzMFKlcyYmoIJr5IclGkda-AxXJrjPkIGckjK1YwWSa2t-dT6eUqV9jU-F7S8NnRWX4dkpZOFSB1RHE23hr0aMhm4VQS_QXvcjpNj1ErQbf7J8P31jRfJAlYlUC6U5865OJ1FkJfLPTad4j1_8bEXONpW2lkltU3tRgWNsfdDq7b2n2koWk7r2PJ3L5epfe0Fjt2bjpCUCbHDKtgIcOWpIC5gRQpkB1P9SMQUZ77X1tcjy2UvJGOgVmTtEojk8bA0-uP1OjVXJpSiQ6PIfyNNHmkKamzn1BvSl84EELKXnyHy8=w1221-h917-no

Pity about the plastic wrapping. But only Junior was around to help man the stall and make coffee from freshly roasted coffee beans using the Cottle coffee grinder. I opted for a chocolate drink made from gourmet chocolate mix. 

https://www.cottlecoffee.com.au/news/2018/3/31/dialling-in-your-espresso