JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Another brother in Russia to pray for

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1959 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/russian-investigators-launch-extremism-probe-against-suspected-jehovahs-witnesses-leader-63696

Russian investigators have opened a criminal probe against a man suspected of being a Jehovah’s Witnesses leader in the Far East, amid an ongoing crackdown on the religious group that has been labeled as extremist in Russia.

Russia’s Investigative Committee announced Tuesday that a criminal case had been opened against a 34-year-old man in the city of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky on suspicion that he had organized the activities of a banned extremist organization.

According to law enforcement agencies, the 34-year-old Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky resident had organized secret meetings “at least twice a week” in which he taught locals about the organization and distributed “extremist literature.”

On December 3, local police say they searched the apartment of the suspect as well as the gathering place of the banned organization, where they said they found evidence that implicated the man.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are a Christian religious group with roughly 8.2 million members worldwide. Their faith differs notably from mainstream Christianity in several ways, with many? members believing that Armageddon is imminent.

And further from: http://kamchatka.sledcom.ru/news/item/1277773/

According to the investigation, despite the above court decision, the attacker, who is the head of the religious organization of Jehovah's Witnesses in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, took active organizational measures aimed at continuing the illegal activities of the banned organization, expressed in convening meetings at least 2 times a week in one of the apartments located on Daurskaya Street in the city of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, organizing collective religious performances and worship services, in accordance with and eologiey religious organization "Jehovah's Witnesses" at these meetings, distribution of literature of extremist content, conducted with residents of the regional center planned training tenets of a religious association "Jehovah's Witnesses", organized view video banned religious structures

(bold is mine)

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

https://jw-russia.org/prisoners.html

I dont see it on Jw-russia yet but no doubt he will be added to this list.

No, not on the prisoners list yet but it's only been a couple of days.  The last report took 13 days from arrest till it appeared on https://www.jw-russia.org/news/18112815-526.html  

I wonder, though, what the criteria is that the Russian authorities use to determine how long anyone stays in prison, or is restrained under house arrest, for.

5 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

where they said they found evidence

So they found evidence that Jehovah is a loving God, his Son paid the highest price to redeem sinners from death, and on on top of it, there is a hope of living forever in Paradise ...wow, amazing evidence (sarcastic look :whistling:)  to lock someone in prison for ...satan really blinded "the masses"

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Really?! "Attacker?" How they speak so negatively about such a peaceful people makes me long for this system to end. Everything bad is considered good and vice versa. Satan is so busy, it's not hard to believe just how close to the end we are. Thank you for sharing with us, he will be in my prayers very soon.

Rev 2:10 Do not be afraid of the things you are about to suffer. Look! The Devil will keep on throwing some of you into prison so that you may be fully put to the test, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Prove yourself faithful even to death, and I will give you the crown of life.

May Jehovah keep giving them endurance and comfort, for he will always be with them, no matter what those persecutors throw at them.  We also need to imitate their deep faith, and will always keep them in our prayers. For there is more with us than against us.  And we know this is Satan's last push - soon it will end for him and his disgusting world.

How do you translate the jw Russia page?

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

1 hour ago, BLEmom said:

How do you translate the jw Russia page?

If you are using Chrome, Google Translate should already be in your extensions but you will need to make sure it is turned on.  You can do this by clicking on the 3 dots in the top right hand corner of your screen and going to More Tools / Extensions. If it is not already there just go to the Chrome Webstore,search for it and then add it. 

If you are using another browser, you can add it as an AddOn.  Just Google 'Use Google Translate in 'Firefox/IE' or whatever browser you are using.