JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone Use an Instant Pot?

Loopy 

18 hours ago, Loopy said:

I love the easy peel. And the egg actually stays intact. I don’t lose 1/2 of it to the shell. 

If all all I did was make hard boiled eggs it would still pay for itself just for that reason

Loopy they have a keto recioe book for instapot at Sams Club

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

1 minute ago, LeslieDean said:

Loopy 

Loopy they have a keto recioe book for instapot at Sams Club

Thank you.

We don’t have a Sam’s club around here. 😢.  About 4 hours away there’s one.

I checked at our Walmart and they had a couple but too expensive for maybe the one or two recipes I’d even use.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

5 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Thank you.

We don’t have a Sam’s club around here. 😢.  About 4 hours away there’s one.

I checked at our Walmart and they had a couple but too expensive for maybe the one or two recipes I’d even use.

Send me your email and the type dishes you like.  Ill take photos of the recioed and send you some

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

3 minutes ago, Dove said:

Just checked amazon. They have a few around 11-12.00 paperback and 3.99 for Kindle. Quite a few choices from beginners and up..

What a brainless wonder I am. This is the one recipe book I got (kindle) from Amazon, price wasn’t bad either. 

I just don’t know much about a lot of spices or we don’t have them around here. 

My mom bless her heart only used salt and pepper till my dad tricked her into using garlic powder. 😂

3E47D822-A9ED-41EE-AF54-577A4AEBD862.jpeg

1 minute ago, Loopy said:

What a brainless wonder I am. This is the one recipe book I got (kindle) from Amazon, price wasn’t bad either. 

I just don’t know much about a lot of spices or we don’t have them around here. 

My mom bless her heart only used salt and pepper till my dad tricked her into using garlic powder. 😂

3E47D822-A9ED-41EE-AF54-577A4AEBD862.jpeg

Ha that’s good then you have one. That was a great idea Leslie had to send pics of recipes. It made me think too of just going to recipe websites for them to print out..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I do have some that I’ve saved from Pinterest and other websites. Not necessarily a lot of instant pot ones tho. 

Leslie, if you’d like whenever you have a spare moment if you find something....anything that would be good for one person just shoot me an email. 

Just getting an email from a sister would brighten my day. 😁

On 12/17/2018 at 4:58 PM, Jnutcurl said:

I bought one on Black Friday.  I got a really good deal and got a great size.  But, I have not used it yet.  :)  I bought it to prepare dishes when I get together with my boys so it could be quick and painless (and I could enjoy visiting them instead of cooking).  :) I am really excited to start using it.  To be honest, I am a little scared of the thing though.  Now, my air fryer, I use it more than I use the stove.  I love that thing!

I just got an air fryer. Haven't used it yet . I'm a late bloomer married 33 yrs just started in the last few yrs using slow cooker on a semi-reg basis, LOL. Whats your fav thing to make in it?

17 hours ago, ohiojunebug said:

I just got an air fryer. Haven't used it yet . I'm a late bloomer married 33 yrs just started in the last few yrs using slow cooker on a semi-reg basis, LOL. Whats your fav thing to make in it?

Nila, so nice to meet you.  I made some filet mignon for my sons when I first got it.  They absolutely loved it.  But, usually for me, I just throw in one slice of cheese pizza for dinner and add a salad and dinner is done for me.  :)  My boys are both on their own now, so I have no big meals to make.  For my niece, she absolutely loves hot dogs and they fix up really quick and she has no complaints.  You are suppose to be able to make lots of meals in it though.

22 hours ago, ohiojunebug said:

Welcome to JW Talk, Sister Nila! hughug.gif.55a2962495dcf2188cb3edd45cee643c.gif

I bought two different air fryers and couldn't get either of them to work as advertized.

Two different brands from two different stores.  Supposed to cook french fries in

twenty to thirty minutes.  Took closer to two hours.  Unacceptable. 2008029999_ANGRYGAHHHHH.gif.99990543d224d0665e355b2632c2c4b9.gif

Returned them both and have reverted to frying in hot oil, instead of hot air.1969334072_Yesserious.gif.668d9c6a17ee1875348ba988a1c0de96.gif

Hope you have a better outcome using yours. 264072017_YES_Thumbsupjumping.GIF.d45e31a0354052ab486a6e66625ead63.GIF

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Thank you . So nice to meet everyone. I finally used my air fryer .  Just to try I cooked 2 pork chops. I put the temp at 400  and set timer for 30 mins and they were over cooked and a little crispy.  I am always afraid to under-cook  pork. Now I have an idea tho. I haven't tried my pressure cooker yet either. 

I bought one on Black Friday. I got a really good deal and got a great size. But, I have not used it yet. I bought it to prepare dishes when I get together with my boys so it could be quick and painless (and I could enjoy visiting them instead of cooking). I am really excited to start using it. To be honest, I am a little scared of the thing though. Now, my air fryer, I use it more than I use the stove. I love that thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an 8 qt and I absolutely love it! I used an old pressure cooker for years with the little weight on the top of the lid that would rattle very loudly. But the newer ones are so much better and a lot more safe as well! For those of you that’s a little scared of it, don’t be!!! With the newer pressure cookers, it locks and will not open until the pressure is released. I have a whole board on Pinterest just for Instapot recipes. So quick and easy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk