JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jw.org - Do animals go to heaven

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1862 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 3/7/2019 at 10:41 PM, MikkiSoo said:

An interesting thought. In a cleansed world with no pollution, pure vegetarian food, no GMO stuff, our pets will definitely live much longer. Pets could be cloned exactly to fit the specific characteristics well loved by their owners. But then again, variety is the spice of life. Loved all the idiosyncrasies of our pets. It is what endears them to us. But I still want my Mikki back. 

You oppose gmo food but favor gmo pets.  What an interesting contradiction. 

On 3/9/2019 at 4:55 PM, cricket246 said:

I've always wondered about this as people tell me I treat my pets more like kids lol I know animals were never designed to live forever. Live longer under better circumstance, that I could see. But Jehovah also says he will do away with all pain and tears, so I'm wondering how the death of a pet would affect us? I tend to get easily attached to animals - even when I say I won't....So I have always wondered if we would still be able to cry if we choose to if it's just out of sentiment lol . ❤️ 

Maybe we won't keep pets like we do now.  When all animals no longer fear humans, perhaps we will lose the desire to keep certain domestic animals contained as pets. Why not let sll of them roam free?  

Some domestic animals bring us love now because we can only get close and play with a limited number of animals.  When we experience the joy of playing with a lion, bear, bobcat, elephant, alligator, orca whale, etc...  We may no longer desire to limit ourselves to dogs or cats or have the heart to confine any animal to our home property. 

And i currently have a dog and 2 cats. 

On 3/5/2019 at 11:30 PM, Jonathan77 said:

It made it clear that animals do not sin. 

Sinning is missing the mark and my cat has sinned on the floor a couple of times....:eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, tuntun said:

I really miss there will be a resurrection for the dodo bird since they have become extinct due to human activity.

now-Mpp2AOiF-Dodobirdcroppedjpg-1210-680.jpg

The story is not a pleasant one.. We were meant to look after animals... Such an innocent, by nature, bird.

Even The mosaic Law protected animals. 

12 minutes ago, Teejay said:

What if animals that are now in extinct roam the earth again. That might be a possibility u knw. I assume so becos some animals believed to be in extinct are later found alive in isolated places

Maybe have your own pet T-Rex. I don't think so. All things are possible with God.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

3 hours ago, tuntun said:

I really miss there will be a resurrection for the dodo bird since they have become extinct due to human activity.

now-Mpp2AOiF-Dodobirdcroppedjpg-1210-680.jpg

Ugly chicken. I wonder what they taste like...

image.png.81cce0b4a399050d35890da9a684224e.png

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 hours ago, Teejay said:

What if animals that are now in extinct roam the earth again. That might be a possibility u knw. I assume so becos some animals believed to be in extinct are later found alive in isolated places

Yes, if Jehovah chooses to recreate extinct species, that will be different than resurrecting an animal that previously lived and died. 

It may be possible to bring back some extinct species through selective breeding.  I've seen it said that each animal species carries the entire genetic material for all the varieties it can produce. It's just a matter of finding the right combination.  The dodo or passenger pigeon might be extinct but, as long as their "kind" is alive, it might be possible to reintroduce the extinct species.   

A lot of what science tiday calls separate species are really just genetic variations of the same kind. 

Edited by Shawnster

1 hour ago, tuntun said:

nice photoshop editting. i would like one

No photoshopping there.

It's a statue exactly the same size of the real thing - they are dotted all around NZ.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."