JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jw.org - Do animals go to heaven

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1853 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Jw.org this week highlights this article:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/do-animals-go-to-heaven/

As we have pets, I found the article very heartwarming.

Any thoughts?

E.g. - none of my pets have a religion!

On the other hand, I do believe many Mosquitoes and fleas disobey God's law on blood.

I found some of the peripheral articles really good too. Love the thought that how we treat our animal friends makes a real difference to their enjoyment of life - even if it is temporary.

PS: All carnivores in the animal kingdom break God's law on blood if you think about it. Heh.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

35 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

I found some of the peripheral articles really good too. Love the thought that how we treat our animal friends makes a real difference to their enjoyment of life - even if it is temporary.

PS: All carnivores in the animal kingdom break God's law on blood if you think about it. Heh.

Indeed!   Reminds me of Noah's ark - how Noah must have loved the animals - and the fact that none of them were carnivores!

Yes, the other linked articles very good as well.

32 minutes ago, tuntun said:

i do know the animal would never go to heaven. but how about eternal life in paradise?

i just love several of them, especially my cat

From what we understand, Jehovah did not purpose animals to live forever.   

However, the sentiments of Jehovah in making the rainbow covenant not just for us gives me reason to trust Jehovah that He will do the loving thing in respects to animals:

Genesis 9:8-16

New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition)

8 Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him: 9 “I am now establishing my covenant with you+ and with your offspring after you, 10 and with every living creature* that is with you, the birds, the animals, and all the living creatures of the earth with you, all those that came out of the ark—every living creature of the earth.+ 11 Yes, I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all flesh* be destroyed by the waters of a flood, and never again will a flood bring the earth to ruin.”+

12 And God added: “This is the sign of the covenant that I am making between me and you and every living creature* that is with you, for all future generations. 13 I put my rainbow in the cloud, and it will serve as a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring a cloud over the earth, then the rainbow will certainly appear in the cloud. 15 And I will certainly remember my covenant that I made between me and you and every living creature of every kind;* and never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all flesh.+ 16 And the rainbow will occur in the cloud, and I will certainly see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of every kind* on the earth.”

Sometimes us humans think this covenant was just between Jehovah and mankind.  The Scriptures show different!

2 hours ago, tuntun said:

i do know the animal would never go to heaven. but how about eternal life in paradise?

i just love several of them, especially my cat

Jehovah has put eternity into our minds ... not in the minds of animals - I do wonder though with much better conditions than we have today ... their life spans may be longer than they are now - we will have to wait and see. 

Nice Discussion you have going Brother Paul.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 hour ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Mine worship me :D

Somebody once said that a dog looked up to a man as it's superior,

a horse regarded a man as it's equal,

and a cat looked down on him as it's inferior..

Compton Mackenzie

My sil says 'a dog has owners, a cat has staff'..😂

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

this morning i read a news about an dalmatian died as a hero after it save a family in India from a cobra

the family tried to save their dog but no one answer their phone at the early morning

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/15/dog-dies-saving-its-owners-from-killer-snakes/

2 hours ago, tuntun said:

this morning i read a news about an dalmatian died as a hero after it save a family in India from a cobra

the family tried to save their dog but no one answer their phone at the early morning

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/15/dog-dies-saving-its-owners-from-killer-snakes/

Where is a mongoose when you need one, eh?

3 hours ago, Dove said:

Somebody once said that a dog looked up to a man as it's superior,

a horse regarded a man as it's equal,

and a cat looked down on him as it's inferior..

Compton Mackenzie

My cat always looked down on me each time she is climbing my neighboor wall

Nobody

On 3/6/2019 at 6:45 AM, Newtonian said:

E.g. - none of my pets have a religion!

I'm not sure about this..

Our cat has a belief system AND Faith.

When he wants us to open the door for him to go out.. he Believes the door will be opened and has Faith that it will. That Faith is rewarded... because if it doesn't happen on a speedy basis..   Boy can that cat WAIL!!!!     Faith in action.

Heb 11:1 Faith is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen.

It is disappointing that he won't sit in on the WT pre-study though.. :(

I always liked the idea that God would do something nice and let my cat live forever with me.

Something that occurred to me was that Animals, and all of Nature is part of Jehovah's creation. Wonders, and beauty, and creativity, and cooperation, and sustainability.

We dwell a lot on how Satan seeks to devour us, but if his hatred extends to everything that God loves, then cruelty to animals is part of Satan's war against the Beloved Creation of Jehovah.

60% of all living species have been wiped out in the last 50 years. Satan's Last Days is devouring everything. Millions of animals never see the sky or feel the ground. Ask around a animal shelter sometime. A lot of pets never leave their cages. Ever. To animals, we're angels. Answering their prayers, providing shelter, nourishment, and affection.

I always liked the idea that God would do something nice and let my cat live forever with me.

Something that occurred to me was that Animals, and all of Nature is part of Jehovah's creation. Wonders, and beauty, and creativity, and cooperation, and sustainability.

We dwell a lot on how Satan seeks to devour us, but if his hatred extends to everything that God loves, then cruelty to animals is part of Satan's war against the Beloved Creation of Jehovah.

60% of all living species have been wiped out in the last 50 years. Satan's Last Days is devouring everything. Millions of animals never see the sky or feel the ground. Ask around a animal shelter sometime. A lot of pets never leave their cages. Ever. To animals, we're angels. Answering their prayers, providing shelter, nourishment, and affection.

Edited by Thomas Walker

7 hours ago, Alan said:

Boy can that cat WAIL!!!! 

Sometime I wonder if our cat was raised by screaming goats....:eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

I always liked the idea that God would do something nice and let my cat live forever with me.

My dog of 16 years have already returned to the dust. 

Suddenly, I had this idea that God in all his loving mercy will recreate a Manchester Terrier/chihuahua mix to replace my darling beloved. Exactly like Mikki down to the white patch on the chest. A defect, I'm told. 

I saw one of her breed in the pet shop and I was all ready to take her home to me my best pal. But alas the finances do not permit. 

I feel for you, Brother Matt. Fur balls bond with us so closely that they become an extension of us. Sigh, Love hurts sometimes. 

It hurts good though. Nothing like a good cry, OR LAUGH

image.png.94028bed0b11ff4b96fc124304e2d67c.png

On 3/6/2019 at 5:42 PM, Stormswift said:

Jehovah has put eternity into our minds ... not in the minds of animals - I do wonder though with much better conditions than we have today ... their life spans may be longer than they are now - we will have to wait and see. 

Nice Discussion you have going Brother Paul.

An interesting thought. In a cleansed world with no pollution, pure vegetarian food, no GMO stuff, our pets will definitely live much longer. Pets could be cloned exactly to fit the specific characteristics well loved by their owners. But then again, variety is the spice of life. Loved all the idiosyncrasies of our pets. It is what endears them to us. But I still want my Mikki back.