JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jw.org - Do animals go to heaven

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1862 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

30 minutes ago, tuntun said:

i thought that just a symbol

It was an example that Peter would have understood, yes.. but Jehovah would not have told him to eat those things if it was wrong. 

He would not have told him to eat blood as that was still among a few other 'necessary things' to abstain from.

*** w75 5/15 p. 301 ‘Eating and Drinking to God’s Glory’ ***
True, the Israelites were given dietary laws that prohibited them from eating certain mammals, birds, insects and fish. (Leviticus, chap. 11) But those restrictions ceased to exist when the Law covenant was replaced by the new covenant in 33 C.E. Later, when the apostle Peter, while in a trance, objected to eating animals that were unclean according to the Mosaic law, he was told: “You stop calling defiled the things God has cleansed.” (Acts 10:15) Yes, God’s “word,” his authorization or permission, put an end to the distinction between “clean” and “unclean” animals. Observing the dietary restrictions of the Mosaic law, therefore, was not a requirement for gaining salvation. That is why the inspired apostle Paul wrote: “Let no man judge you in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath; for those things are a shadow of the things to come, but the reality belongs to the Christ.”—Col. 2:16, 17.

Edited by Alan

5 hours ago, MikkiSoo said:

Pets could be cloned exactly to fit the specific characteristics well loved by their owners. But then again, variety is the spice of life. Loved all the idiosyncrasies of our pets. It is what endears them to us. But I still want my Mikki back. 

they can be cloned but it will make their lifespan become shorter

Telomeres (caps of DNA at the ends of chromosomes that protect your cells from aging) are the ends to chromosomes.

Because the copying mechanism in mature animals doesn't include all the ends, they shrink throughout an animal's life. 

Once telomeres get short enough, copying can't continue and the cells stop replicating.  

even without involving cloning most human now live much shorter than our grand grand mother several generations before.

we know animals are not created to live forever. when first man Adam was created on earth, animals were already living there and dying. that is reason why Adam understands what it means whe Jehovah said: "if you eat from that tree you will dye"

sometimes i am wondering is it normal that animals eat one another, whole ecosystems worked that way a long period of time.. if somewhere birds are missing, there are too many insects, and so.. animal world like we see seems to be in harmony if there is no the influence of man.

wondering also will in NW animals be all vegetarians, i can see animal death, but one animal eating another animal is to me very disturbing. some animals are cannibals too..

5 hours ago, Alan said:

*** w75 5/15 p. 301 ‘Eating and Drinking to God’s Glory’ ***
True, the Israelites were given dietary laws that prohibited them from eating certain mammals, birds, insects and fish. (Leviticus, chap. 11) But those restrictions ceased to exist when the Law covenant was replaced by the new covenant in 33 C.E. Later, when the apostle Peter, while in a trance, objected to eating animals that were unclean according to the Mosaic law, he was told: “You stop calling defiled the things God has cleansed.” (Acts 10:15) Yes, God’s “word,” his authorization or permission, put an end to the distinction between “clean” and “unclean” animals. Observing the dietary restrictions of the Mosaic law, therefore, was not a requirement for gaining salvation. That is why the inspired apostle Paul wrote: “Let no man judge you in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath; for those things are a shadow of the things to come, but the reality belongs to the Christ.”—Col. 2:16, 17.

i know that new command allow us to eat from certain animals

i just wondering if these command has something to do with animal may could live in heaven.

4 hours ago, .Ivan. said:

sometimes i am wondering is it normal that animals eat one another, whole ecosystems worked that way a long period of time.. if somewhere birds are missing, there are too many insects, and so.. animal world like we see seems to be in harmony if there is no the influence of man.

wondering also will in NW animals be all vegetarians, i can see animal death, but one animal eating another animal is to me very disturbing. some animals are cannibals too..

the first thing I'm thinking about how good it is to live in paradise is when mosquitoes start to stop looking for food from our blood.

4 hours ago, tuntun said:

the first thing I'm thinking about how good it is to live in paradise is when mosquitoes start to stop looking for food from our blood.

When we go to the islands from New Zealand everyone tells us to eat foods strong in Vitamin B to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes once we get there.

So, even IF mosquitoes continue to draw their nourishment from blood (because we simply do NOT know at this stage) they will probably leave us alone as our diets will be much better than it is now.

These little things will be interesting to see what happens.

Want to add too please ... that not all mosquitoes draw blood:

"The female mosquito is the one that bites (males feed on flower nectar). She requires blood to produce eggs. Her mouthparts are constructed so that they pierce the skin, literally sucking the blood out. Her saliva lubricates the opening."

So when the eco system is in sync again there may be a lot less of these critters and they will be back to how Jehovah intended them to be. So maybe the female because she IS 'constructed' different may continue to draw blood from certain species of animals/birds in order to produce her eggs. - Animals already have a lot of little creatures that annoy them currently - fleas, ticks, lice all these are designed it seems to feed off skin and/or blood. So many questions still unanswered - they will be though.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

11 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

When we go to the islands from New Zealand everyone tells us to eat foods strong in Vitamin B to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes once we get there.

you mean like this? :

images.jpg

4 hours ago, tuntun said:

i know that new command allow us to eat from certain animals

i just wondering if these command has something to do with animal may could live in heaven.

Interesting connection there. The blanket coming down would more likely make Peter think where is this instruction coming from

We know flesh and blood cannot inherit God's Kingdom. Humans would need to be a different creation: Spirits.. Why would animals go there when we can't?

Flesh is for 🌍 :)

Edited by Alan

Forgot something

9 hours ago, .Ivan. said:

we know animals are not created to live forever. when first man Adam was created on earth, animals were already living there and dying. that is reason why Adam understands what it means whe Jehovah said: "if you eat from that tree you will dye"

It's hard to know there - where the line will be drawn - why the Mighty Blue Whale is designed to eat Krill ... and the insect world it seems normal for them eat things like other insects - or even bacteria. Birds eat worms amongst their berries and fruit ... there does seem to be some sort of natural food chain - which didn't include humans - but where this food chain began and stopped and will do again - is anyone's guess right now.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

24 minutes ago, Alan said:

We know flesh and blood cannot inherit God's Kingdom. Humans would need to be a different creation: Spirits.. Why would animals go there when we can't?

Flesh is for 🌍 :)

because they can?

i wonder with what they could travel faster?

39fd16e88152d44581a456661cb008af.jpg

3 hours ago, tuntun said:

because they can?

i wonder with what they could travel faster?

39fd16e88152d44581a456661cb008af.jpg

Heh ...  nice one Brother Tuntun. 

I remember explaining something similar to someone at the doors some time ago now ...it's difficult to convey to people that this is only a representation of something spirtual so we can relate to it in human terms.

Perhaps this is why many in the world think animals are going to heaven because they don't understand the correlation between the spiritual and the physical?

I do know there is a Horse Heaven and you can't convince me otherwise. Often a topic when I was a pioneer. :raspberry:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Horse Heaven is a ghost town in Jefferson County in the U.S. state of Oregon. The settlement, which had a post office from 1938 to 1946, is 46 miles east of Madras and 18 miles east of Ashwood. Wikipedia

When I was a pioneer we would do an overnight camping trip to work Horse Heaven and surrounding territory. Starting out near Mitchel, going past the Painted Hills fording the John Day river on a state HWY no less, then up to Horse Heaven and camp out. The next day we would work our way down to Ashwood, then to Hay Creek and finally come back to civilization near Madras OR. Yes, I am a firm believer in Horse Heaven.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

4 minutes ago, Old said:

Horse Heaven is a ghost town in Jefferson County in the U.S. state of Oregon. The settlement, which had a post office from 1938 to 1946, is 46 miles east of Madras and 18 miles east of Ashwood. Wikipedia

When I was a pioneer we would do an overnight camping trip to work Horse Heaven and surrounding territory. Starting out near Mitchel, going past the Painted Hills fording the John Day river on a state HWY no less, then up to Horse Heaven and camp out. The next day we would work our way down to Ashwood, then to Hay Creek and finally come back to civilization near Madras OR. Yes, I am a firm believer in Horse Heaven.

What a legacy you must have left in your wake! It's never wasted is it... :)

I've always wondered about this as people tell me I treat my pets more like kids lol I know animals were never designed to live forever. Live longer under better circumstance, that I could see. But Jehovah also says he will do away with all pain and tears, so I'm wondering how the death of a pet would affect us? I tend to get easily attached to animals - even when I say I won't....So I have always wondered if we would still be able to cry if we choose to if it's just out of sentiment lol . ❤️ 

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Adam have lot of fets, animals, i think.. and some of them died, he feels sorrow, but perfect mans nervous system works better than ours. we remember Jesus cryed, but he was not sad too much. emotions can be controlled, perfect humans contolling it better, feel sorrow but not like us.. we are humans wit deffective health, state of mind, nervous system etc.. inperfect..

3 hours ago, .Ivan. said:

Adam have lot of fets, animals, i think.. and some of them died, he feels sorrow, but perfect mans nervous system works better than ours. we remember Jesus cryed, but he was not sad too much. emotions can be controlled, perfect humans contolling it better, feel sorrow but not like us.. we are humans wit deffective health, state of mind, nervous system etc.. inperfect..

you have my deepest condolences.

On 3/8/2019 at 3:41 AM, MikkiSoo said:

Pets could be cloned exactly to fit the specific characteristics well loved by their owners.

Within reason. For example, the way some dogs are bred gives them health problems. Dogs with flat faces commonly have breathing problems because the snout is not long enough, but they were bred that way for appearance. 

For example, Shih Tzus have breathing problems. Pugs also have breathing problems, and on top of that their eyes are known to fall out, and some owners have to pop them back in.

When it comes to pets though, what I'd love what I cant have now, is a pet fox. Would be great to home domesticate them over time! Some people have pet foxes now, but you need an enviroment that suits their wilder nature compared to household dogs.

Edited by EccentricM

3 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

Within reason. For example, the way some dogs are bred gives them health problems. Dogs with flat faces commonly have breathing problems because the snout is not long enough, but they were bred that way for appearance. 

For example, Shih Tzus have breathing problems. Pugs also have breathing problems, and on top of that their eyes are known to fall out, and some owners have to pop them back in.

When it comes to pets though, what I'd love what I cant have now, is a pet fox. Would be great to home domesticate them over time! Some people have pet foxes now, but you need an enviroment that suits their wilder nature compared to household dogs.

Could you settle for one that has a fox’ s appearance or features that is more domesticated. A cat would not need to be walked like dogs are. 

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

9 minutes ago, Dove said:

Could you settle for one that has a fox’ s appearance or features that is more domesticated.

Perhaps :)

A cat would not need to be walked like dogs are. 

I'm allergic to cats. If I touch them my eyes go purple, burn, and start foaming. I found this out as a child 😄

Edited by EccentricM

3 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Perhaps :)

I'm allergic to cats. If I touch them my eyes go purple, burn, and start foaming. I found this out as a child 😄

Man, you are a total mess. I feel bad for you!

My wife is also allergic to cats and dogs with the exception to Poodles. She breaks out in a rash similar to poison oak. No pain just itchy.😍

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25