JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Everything about Dogs :

Diet, Physical Maintenance/Grooming, Parasites Treatment (fleas, mites, gastrointestinal, natural alternatives), Homecooked food recipes, Training

Doggie tales to warm the cockles of one's heart.

Subject:HOW MANY DOGS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB? 

HOW MANY DOGS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?

GOLDEN RETRIEVER: The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb?

BORDER COLLIE: Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code.

DACHSHUND: You know I can't reach that stupid lamp!

ROTTWEILER: Make me.

LAB: Oh, me, me!!!! Pleeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Huh? Can I?

GERMAN SHEPHERD: I'll change it as soon as I've led these people from the dark, check to make sure I haven't missed any, and make just one more perimeter patrol to see that no one has tried to take advantage of the situation.

TIBETIAN TERRIER: Let the Border Collie do it. You can feed me while he's busy.

JACK RUSSELL TERRIER: I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off the walls and furniture.

POODLE: I'll just blow in the Border Collie's ear and he'll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.

COCKER SPANIEL: Why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the dark.

DOBERMAN: While it's dark, I'm going to sleep on the couch.

BOXER: Who cares? I can still play with my squeaky toys in the dark......

CHIHUAHUA: Yo quiero Taco Bulb.

POINTER: I see it, there it is, there it is, right there....

GREYHOUND: It isn't moving. Who cares?

AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD: First, I'll put all the light bulbs in a little circle...

OLD ENGLISH SHEEP DOG: Light bulb? I'm sorry, but I don't see a light bulb?

HOUND DOG: ZZZZZZzzzzz.z.z.z..z..z..z...z

CAT: Dogs do not change light bulbs. People change light bulbs. So, the question is: How long will it be before I can expect light?

ALL OF WHICH PROVES, ONCE AGAIN, THAT WHILE DOGS HAVE MASTERS, CATS HAVE STAFF

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 1 month later...

Thanks Br. Rich for your slow motion videos. Cleo is such an expressive dog as dogs are wont to be

I wished I had known how to take such videos of my very active toy Manchester/chihuahua. I can't watch handheld videos of fast moving objects without feeling giddy. I such loved watching Cleo. She is such a happy dog with an indulgent Dog Father. I wonder what kind of breed she is. An English pointer? Such an active dog, not for the elderly like me. Do you live by the beach? You'd probably taken the dog to the beach with you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.health.com/syndication/wisconsin-woman-says-dog-sniffed-ovarian-cancer-4-times

Wisconsin Woman Says Her Dog Detected Her Ovarian Cancer 4 Separate Times by Sniffing Her Belly

Cancer Dog

A recent study by Experimental Biology concluded that a dog’s sense of smell is 10,000 times more accurate than humans, which allows them to identify scents that humans cannot detect.

To prove this, four trained beagles were tested to see if they could distinguish between a normal blood sample and a blood sample from a cancer patient. The results showed that the dogs were 97 percent accurate with differentiating the samples.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

https://qz.com/295457/why-cats-never-became-mans-best-friend/  November 13, 2014

guyon-moree_cropped.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=410&h=231

Wild at heart

Dog lovers will find it baffling that cats are the world’s most popular pet. After all, they’re passive-aggressive, emotionally unavailable, and known for their chilly independence—traits that at most qualify felines for the role of “man’s best frenemy.”

It turns out, though, there’s an ___ reason for this tense relationship. That is, cats are in many ways still wild.

“Cats, unlike dogs, are really only semi-domesticated,” says Wes Warren, professor of genetics Washington University and co-author of the first complete mapping (paywall) of the house cat genome

At least I won't feel bad about not being able to bond with those 3 cats that I have. Not a cat person, anyway. 

Edited by Mclove

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/09/science/dogs-aging-behavior.html

Another recent paper came to the disturbing conclusion that the calculus of seven dog years for every human year isn’t accurate. To calculate dog years, you must now multiply the natural logarithm of a dog’s age in human years by 16 and then add 31.

I

s that clear? It’s actually not as hard as it sounds, as long as you have a calculator or internet access. For example the natural log of 6 is 1.8, roughly, which, multiplied by 16 is about 29, which, plus 31, is 60. OK, it’s not that easy, even with the internet.

Hmmm. do I need to fish out my old log book?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...