JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Illustration needed

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1799 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

9 hours ago, Needgr8er said:

Hello, 

Has anyone heard or have an illustration for public talk 'what is your standing with Jehovah'. 

Many thanks in advance. 

The main thought of that talk is to have Jehovah's approval, you could bring out how we always want the approval of those around us, wether at work, school, or where ever we may be, it seems so important to have another's approval, what do we accomplish when we get another person's approval, not much at all so whose approval should we be concerned with, will let's see whose approval we should look for and why it is of most important that we gain his approval.

Don't know if this helps, it's just a thought.

Hello, 
Has anyone heard or have an illustration for public talk 'what is your standing with Jehovah'. 

Many thanks in advance. 
Emphasis on gaining the approval now....
See conclusion of outline... Be sure to move audience to action...
How would you illustrate that? What would motivate you to make decisive action now?
Just something to think about...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

"What is your standing with Jehovah?"

It is interesting that everyone has a yearning for approval, for example:

• Children try hard to gain the approval of their parents
  • Military personnel seek the approval of their leaders and commanders.
  • Professional athletes biggest goal is to enter the "Hall of Fame". Why? They desire what they feel is the ultimate approval 

But without Jehovah's approval, no other form of approval matters.

So our biggest personal desire and goal should be to gain Jehovah's approval, to have the best standing possible with our Heavenly Father

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

An employer,  who give assignments to his employees, will not give the most important contract to a stranger. Nor will he give it to someone who's lax in his work, arrives late; makes no effort to help the company team.

"Come in, young man. You know me, of course. I'm the Chairman of the Board. I understand you've put your name down for the Grand Project. It's quite an undertaking. You sure you're up for it? Your direct supervisors have confided to me, strictly in confidence, of course; that you've been showing up late fairly often; that your preparation is never done. I've heard that in team projects and training seminars, it can be difficult to get any read on what your thinking is. This Company puts great emphasis on teamwork and compassion. If you saw an employee having trouble making ends meet; surely you'd want to help? Well, so do I?

"What's that? Oh, that picture on the wall. Yes, that's me. It was a while ago,of course; but back then, when this Company was just starting out, it came under direct attack almost at once. It took a lot of effort to keep it going, but my father founded us; and he believed very strongly in our mission statement. When I threw myself on my sword for the good of the customers, he didn't hesitate to set things right. Not to put too fine a point on it, but if my father could stand and watch me go through that for the good of our employees, is it really so much to ask that we get your best effort when you're representing us in your own assignments?

"And we hesitate to bring this up, beloved employee, but there have been rumors about your personal life: Problems in your marriage, vices that you've made no effort to fight. Hey, everyone's allowed to make their mistakes, but if your friends and relatives don't respect your conduct at home, why should I, as your boss, give you the most lucrative contract on the books? It's my dime, and I'll hire whomever I feel best represents my father, and his vision for this company.

"What's that you say? Well, if you really think you can turn it around, you know that I'm willing. What comes next is going to be a huge job, and given how hard we've worked with you; and the considerable investment of resources and training, we really hate to see anyone become 'just another statistic'. It's certainly not how I want to run my Company. My father left me in keeping of this, and I can't see any way he'd want you to lose your job. It's a very tough world out there; and with all that's going on, we know you'd feel better about the future; for yourself and your family, if you had us to fall back on.

"We're not giving up on you. There's nothing management won't do to help you shape up. We've come this far, after all. But time marches on, and this is a business. I'm responsible to my father for the conduct of my employees. When that Contract comes due; the best employees will get their promised reward. Why don't you check in with the Team Leaders? They've all done their due diligence. They know what it's like out there.

"We hate to lose you, young man. We've got very detailed reports on all the good you've done. Its a very extensive list. We've been proud to have you in our ranks. There's still a little time before your Performance Review, and my father does have a special love for people who battle their weaknesses. Heaven knows we've seen worse than you turn it around.

"But you must see what the Market is doing out there. All the major rival companies are being managed very badly these days, and all the experts say that time is running out for someone to make a bold move. Even we can't wait forever; if only for the sake of our own Employees. So if you can't get there... Or if other priorities seem more important than your contractual responsibilities to this Company...

"Then we'll have to let you go."

On 4/25/2019 at 6:07 AM, Needgr8er said:

Hello, 

Many thanks in advance. 

I have started using more visual illustrations.. (I used to print them out) now many halls have screens to show images. Just don't have too many :)

As the talk is about approval.. I would look for something that your audience would recognise that illustrates approval..

Here in the UK image.png.177459a03fa31736a6e7211c39a49fc3.png we have this so called 'Kite Mark'

(it looks like a kite) the symbol is put on approved, tested item.. It represents the fact that a products has been tested and thus is approved as a safe product. The Kitemark is most frequently used to identify products where safety is paramount, such as crash helmets, smoke alarms and flood defences. It is among the oldest such marks.

Do we have the mark of approval that Jehovah is looking for or do we have the mark of the world's approval?

just an idea.. there may be other symbols/marks that your audience are familiar with that denote approval of some kind?

Edited by Alan

Forgot something

On 4/25/2019 at 6:07 AM, Needgr8er said:

Hello, 

Many thanks in advance. 

I only just noticed that you are a sister... LOL

I am guessing you might be helping someone out with this.. a brother...?

or your congregation are allowing you to give the talk....... :eek:

If you win a big prize, such as money or a new car (think game show or lottery), there may be hoops you have to jumps through to actually get the prize. 

Immigrants and refugees put forth much time, effort and money to get approved to enter a new country. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Your from Birmingham Alabama right? Just outside of Birmingham is Red Mountain park( a former Vilcan iron mine no longer used) perhaps the illustration could include the characteristics needed for approval to make such a lovely trail on what might have been considered an unsafe former mine? Being hospitable , presentable, safe, appealing. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 8:35 PM, Alan said:

I only just noticed that you are a sister... LOL

I am guessing you might be helping someone out with this.. a brother...?

or your congregation are allowing you to give the talk....... :eek:

Well noticed. Yes, my account, but my husband is searching for the illustration. 

Thanks brother. 

4 hours ago, Needgr8er said:

Well noticed. Yes, my account, but my husband is searching for the illustration. 

Thanks brother. 

I was going you we're doing the talk.. Then we'd have anther topic to chat about here...

LOL 😂