Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

“Political, Religious Leaders Have Special Duty to Promote Peaceful Coexistence, Secretary-General Stresses in Statement on Intolerance, Hate-Based Violence”


We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1367 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recommended Posts

U.N. takes notice. https://www.un.org/press/en/2019/sgsm19559.doc.htm

 

Quote

The following statement by UN Secretary-General António Guterres was issued today:

Around the world, we are seeing a disturbing groundswell of intolerance and hate-based violence targeting worshippers of many faiths.  In recent days alone, a synagogue in the United States and a church in Burkina Faso have come under attack.

Such incidents have become all too familiar:  Muslims gunned down in mosques, their religious sites vandalized; Jews murdered in synagogues, their gravestones defaced with swastikas; Christians killed at prayer, their churches often torched.

Houses of worship, instead of the safe havens they should be, have become targets.  Beyond the murders, there is loathsome rhetoric:  xenophobia aimed not only at religious groups, but also at migrants, minorities and refugees; assertions of white supremacy; a resurgence of neo-Nazi ideology; venom directed at anyone considered the “other”.

......

That is why I have set in motion two urgent initiatives:  devising a plan of action to fully mobilize the United Nations system’s response to tackling hate speech, led by my Special Representative on Genocide Prevention; and exploring how the United Nations can contribute in ensuring the safety of religious sanctuaries, an effort being led by my High Representative for the Alliance of Civilizations.

The world must step up to stamp out anti-Semitism, anti-Muslim hatred, persecution of Christians and all other forms of racism, xenophobia, discrimination and incitement.  Hatred is a threat to everyone — and so this is a job for everyone.  Political and religious leaders have a special responsibility to promote peaceful coexistence.  I will count on the strong support of Governments, civil society and other partners in working together to uphold the values that bind us as a single human family.

Yet again the opposite, more lulling to sleep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very interesting everything is all coming into line with God’s word! I’m mean really 10 years ago you couldn’t imagine world leaders having reason to bring religion to its end! But now it’s different, very different, “The scene of this world is changing “ 1 Corinth 7:31. Now all we are patiently waiting on is ‘Our loving father’ to put it into there hearts to bring this HARLOT to her much deserved end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Nirex said:

But he's wanting to protect houses of worship and stop religions being targeted. Isn't that the opposite?

He's wanting to promote Israeli independence and Israel's claim on that entire region despite Palestinian inhabitants.  Basically using the Hebrew Scriptures to promote Israel's agenda and to legitimize their occupation of Palestinian land.

 

So they are using scripture to promote an imperialist agenda.  That can serve to get people mad at scripture.  People hate religion because it's used as a weapon to promote oppression.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Shawnster said:

He's wanting to promote Israeli independence and Israel's claim on that entire region despite Palestinian inhabitants.  Basically using the Hebrew Scriptures to promote Israel's agenda and to legitimize their occupation of Palestinian land.

 

So they are using scripture to promote an imperialist agenda.  That can serve to get people mad at scripture.  People hate religion because it's used as a weapon to promote oppression.

Wait, the secretary general of the U.N?  It was the Israel ambassador that used the bible as 'proof' that Israel belonged to them and the U.S backing him up. The SG-Guterres is Catholic and in the above is simply telling political and religious leaders to start helping spread co-existence to put an end to anti-religious attacks on people and their institutions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nirex said:

The SG-Guterres is Catholic and in the above is simply telling political and religious leaders to start helping spread co-existence to put an end to anti-religious attacks on people and their institutions

They are attempting to legislate morality. When they find out that isn't possible, they will reach the next conclusion, to remove the reason for the hate that will not die; religions...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Shawnster said:

He's wanting to promote Israeli independence and Israel's claim on that entire region despite Palestinian inhabitants.  Basically using the Hebrew Scriptures to promote Israel's agenda and to legitimize their occupation of Palestinian land.

 

So they are using scripture to promote an imperialist agenda.  That can serve to get people mad at scripture.  People hate religion because it's used as a weapon to promote oppression.

 

4 hours ago, Nirex said:

Wait, the secretary general of the U.N?  It was the Israel ambassador that used the bible as 'proof' that Israel belonged to them and the U.S backing him up. The SG-Guterres is Catholic and in the above is simply telling political and religious leaders to start helping spread co-existence to put an end to anti-religious attacks on people and their institutions.

Oops, wrong topic.  I was replying to: https://jwtalk.net/topic/40240-the-babylon-news-network/?do=findComment&comment=641152

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This may well lead to a 'coming together' of religions. The faithful slave has pointed out that they will think they are close to solving some of their biggest problems just before the GT begins. Big problem: religious violence. I saw an article the other day that said religions needed to come out and say one isn't better than the other, we're all the same, and if they won't do that, then ban religion altogether. Interesting times. When things seem to be going in the opposite direction to bible prophecy, I think of Dunkirk. The German army had the Allied troops trapped, and from there it seemed a no brainer that they were about to invade England and effectively win the war (no Anglo American world power as per bible prophecy). Then Hitler, for an unknown reason, called a 3 day halt. No one knows why. But this enabled the British to move full speed to get their troops out, using not just the Royal Navy, but civilian boats as well. This invigorated the British, and we know the outcome. It doesn't matter what is going on in the world scene, Jehovah's prophecies will come true, and no matter how Satan tries to thwart his purpose, Jehovah will manoeuvre matters to carry out his purpose. There are many other events in history which could've gone another way, but didn't, because Jehovah is in control. E.g the battle of Waterloo, which paved the way for Britain and eventually the US to become a dual world power. Heavy rainfall may have influenced the outcome of the battle. Jehovah has things well in hand 🌝

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Medit8 said:

When things seem to be going in the opposite direction to bible prophecy, I think of Dunkirk. The German army had the Allied troops trapped, and from there it seemed a no brainer that they were about to invade England and effectively win the war (no Anglo American world power as per bible prophecy). Then Hitler, for an unknown reason, called a 3 day halt. No one knows why.

Thanks for this^^^^^

I have said to friends that, I believe, it wouldn't have mattered if the U.S. was down to one guy, with one gun, he would have been the victor...otherwise, how do those prophecies get fulfilled?

 

I get some funny looks at times but that's normal....:facepalmpo2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s all about the waters of Babylon (the great) receding. Her support has been gradually receding since 1919. In more recent years though, this receding seems to have accelerated. 

Each generation is becoming more secular in thinking and less religious.

 

We are definitely heading for the great tribulation!>:D<

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Nirex said:

But he's wanting to protect houses of worship and stop religions being targeted. Isn't that the opposite?

Which will cause that much more distress when Jehovah puts it in their hearts to do what's prophesied!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 22.12.4 (changelog)