JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Spiritual "Gem" Discovered...I had no clue???Access to all books!!!!!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1709 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

At meeting last night a sister showed me something I didn't know...not sure if you did or not ...but here it is...

Follow go to
1)JW.org  
2)select "Publications"
3)select "Online library"
4)At the top right of the page you will see two squares press on them.
5) Then scroll down go to "books" 

All books we have ever had I believe Happy reading 😃

Revelation Book... Reasoning Book etc....

You can even download them to your phone and they will show up in your library ...or download to computer...💖💖

4 hours ago, jayrtom said:

Yes, it's been available for some time now on wol. not just books, also all other pubs from 1950 (in English) --> You notice on your searches that the references to older publications have a link now

The items listed are generally dated 1970 and newer (except for the Watchtower which goes back to 1950).  Some items, like tracts only go back to 1987.  Most of the material does not have the pictures or charts or cover art unless it is newer than 2010.  But the brochure for children "Bible Lessons" which is almost entirely cartoon pictures has none and it is dated 2013.

Other than copying each page, I do not know how to download the publications (they just come up as html files).

4 hours ago, Shannie said:

At meeting last night a sister showed me something I didn't know...not sure if you did or not ...but here it is...

Follow go to
1)JW.org  
2)select "Publications"

You can even download them to your phone and they will show up in your library ...or download to computer...💖💖

It is always so fun when we find these gifts  - Indeed  happy reading!! .. Thanks for sharing Shannie  :heart:

16 hours ago, jpl said:

Thank you but how to download these books?

There is no direct way of downloading the books, but since you asked this I searched for a solution and here it is what you can do if you want the books, or magazines, or whatever publication, to read offline

Install this app (windows, but there are similar ones for linux and android and, hopefully, mac and iOS) http://www.httrack.com/

That will download the entire site (for example start with the table of contents page of the publication and it will download all the relative pages)

Then install calibre (a book reader and multi platform conversion tool) https://calibre-ebook.com/download

Then, inside calibre, you can convert the downloaded html into any format you want (pdf, epub, mobi, etc...)

In Calibre you can do a batch conversion job, that is, download everything you want first and then convert it all at once

Hope that was helpful :wink:

Edited by jayrtom

I was excited when I read about access to older publications, books and brochure as far back as 1950. Slightly disapointed that this library is not exhaustive. The one booklet I was looking for was "Christendom or Christianity which one is the light of the world"  it was very motivating and was subject of a great campaign. The other was "What has religion done for mankind" book which was being studied when I was appointed  as bookstudy conductor.

It is true, we have many, more current publications that cover the same material, but I don't have the memories of them like I do of these two. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

21 minutes ago, Old said:

I was excited when I read about access to older publications, books and brochure as far back as 1950. Slightly disappointed that this library is not exhaustive. The one booklet I was looking for was "Christendom or Christianity which one is the light of the world"  it was very motivating and was subject of a great campaign. The other was "What has religion done for mankind" book which was being studied when I was appointed  as book study conductor.

It is true, we have many, more current publications that cover the same material, but I don't have the memories of them like I do of these two. :)

I too loved both those publications.  I think I still have the 'Religion" book and maybe the booklet.  I remember the campaign to place that booklet. Do you?

5 hours ago, Good-O said:

I too loved both those publications.  I think I still have the 'Religion" book and maybe the booklet.  I remember the campaign to place that booklet. Do you?

Yes, it was the first campaign I remember all our relatives were to be invied to the talk, every household was to get copy, including every preacher in town.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 6/6/2019 at 10:12 AM, Shannie said:

Follow go to
1)JW.org  
2)select "Publications"

I don’t see #4, no two squares to press on my iPad, help please.

1 hour ago, 1gemstone said:

I don’t see #4, no two squares to press on my iPad, help please.

It may look like this

image.png.4d1ec5ea927d85bdc0ebcfae969f790f.png

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 hours ago, The German said:

If older things are needed, it's more easy to use the Watchtower Library (Windows, DVD) to get access to the older literature.

The only problem with the App or DVD publications is that the older ones are not PDF scans so they don't have the pictures and charts and cover art (just text).  I have PDFs of most of the old material just for that reason.  The text is good for research but when it refers to the image the little text box just says "Picture on page 11 shows graphical portrayal of valley".".

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2019 at 5:12 PM, Shannie said:

Really, awesome! I will try that out. 

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RNGuzman said:

In the Watchtower online library, go to Publications, Books, and yearbooks have a link at the very top of the column.  Then you can find any year you're looking for.

A good reminder (the yearbooks go back to 1970).

Whenever you are reading a publication in JW Library, and you want to deepen your study, a little trick is to click on the three dots (...) when you’re in an article and choose Open in (which has an arrow icon). It will give you the option to “Open in Online Library”.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)