JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Big Eyes Movie 2012

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Update on this movie:http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/amy-adams-tim-burton-big-eyes-article-1.1894311#rhuqDDoCh4Gd0AcR.97

The movie, directed by Tim Burton, tells the story of real-life husband and wife Walter and Margaret Keane, who were both artists. Oscar winner Christoph Waltz portrays Walter, who takes credit for his wife’s popular paintings throughout their 10-year marriage.“Margaret really believed that as a woman, people would not buy her art,” Adams told USA Today. She added that her husband “convinced her the life they were able to lead was because the artist was a man, who could sell more art at a higher price than a woman.”The two would eventually go to court in order for Margaret to win public recognition of her work. The former couple were asked to have a “paint-off” in which Margaret was able to prove that she was the one responsible for the artwork.To prep for the role, the 39-year-old star spent time with Margaret, now 87 and residing in San Francisco.“The handling of the brush and paint, the way that Margaret creates the eyes, that is something I studied at great length,” Adams said. “But I never mastered it like Margaret has.”“Big Eyes” is scheduled to be released Christmas Day.

Edited by jayrtom

I would love to see this movie, I just hope it's "good" in many meanings of that word. I wonder if Margaret witnessed to Amy Adams and anyone else apart of the film? I also wonder if her beliefs will play a big part in the film like they did in the Jacksons biopic "The Jacksons: An American Dream". I remember a Kingdom Hall and a song book and maybe something else being showed in the movie, but I don't remember how Witnesses were portrayed in it after that point. Also, another biopic about someone who was connected to Witnesses was Notorious about the rapper the Notorious BIG who's mother was/is a JW. It also stars Angela Bassett as *surprise surprise* a JW mother who's the only one in the family (she was Katherine Jackson in the other movie). Makes me wonder if she's ever studied? Anyway, they show the NWT bible in it and Jehovah's name is mentioned several times and not in a bad way. I only watched the beginning and end for those parts, since it's R rated and even though it was shown on TV, you can't deny all those little mutes in it for all the bad words amongst the other terrible immoral things Biggie did in his life that are shown in the film.

Edited by JayMusicGirl