JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's Your Favorite Pizza

I love the Chicago Deep Dish, but only when I am in Chicago! Ok, I have had it 3 times... that's it! One piece will fill you up!

Our "Friday" night pizza, we have this place called Congins, it is the bakery crusy, sheet pizza! Also good for a Party, Kids sleep-over, football games, etc... We have a mom and pop place called Villa Rosa.... wow.... delicious and expensive! For a chain pizza, we like Little Ceasers (mostly price) or Marcos. For eat-in chain, Pizza Hut, but their delivery is not as good... needs to be fresh, because of the "pan pizz" crust!

• 2 weeks later...

the Service group asked me what I had for lunch when we met back up for the afternoon. I said, "I had this wonderful cured meat with spiced pork, it had a nice tangy red sauce and lots of mozzarella cheese served with a nicely crusted slice of bread - all for $1.89 :chef:"

They said, "Really, where was that at? That sounds GREAT!!! :party:"

"Sam's Club - pizza" I replied :party:

We all had a good laugh - especially my wallet :dance:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Well I finally done it. I went back to the Pizza joint that I worked at in the mid 60's while going to High School some 45 years ago. They had the best thin crust pizza back then I always thought. I would get a free small size pizza and a large tab for lunch. The family would pay $5.00 for a large size and today the same pizza is $25.00. I bought the medium size for $20.00. I swore I would never pay that much for a pizza but the crust is to die for. (just kidding) The crust is so thin and the way it is made is a lot like making pie crust, rolled out with flower dusting and turned back over itself and rolled out again, repeated numerous times. In the early 70's the owner sold out to Campbell Soup and then years later it was bought back by longtime employees. The pizza was just as good as the last piece I had more than 40 years ago. In those 40 years I was just to cheap to buy one as I can get the same size pizza somewhere else for half as much. If I live to be a hundred maybe I will go back again. OK who remembers what a tab is? No it is not a bill. Who made it? What made it sweet?

80902=4545-Pietros Pizza 2.png

80902=4546-Pietros Pizza 3.png http://pietrosrestaurants.com/index.shtml

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Tab was one of the first Diet Colas' date=' maybe saccharin sweetened it? Not sure about that. Was there not also fermaldehyde in it? Anyways, Coca-Cola manufactured it.[/quote'] Right on all counts except I am not sure of the formaldehyde, I had not heard that before. Rather dates us, you think. "Tab" was a diet cola made by Coca-Cola and sweetened with saccharin. In recent years, the studies asserting saccharin's carcinogenic effects have been largely debunked. Recent studies found the initial findings to be "flawed" and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) revoked the mandatory health labels in 2000,[4] deeming no correlation between saccharin and cancer in humans. Additionally, in December 2010, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency removed saccharin from its list of hazardous substances. Tab is now usually found in supermarkets and convenience stores in 12-ounce cans.

80997=4552-Tab_can.jpg

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Tab was one of the first Diet Colas' date=' maybe saccharin sweetened it? Not sure about that. Was there not also fermaldehyde in it? Anyways, Coca-Cola manufactured it.[/quote'] Right on all counts except I am not sure of the formaldehyde, I had not heard that before. Rather dates us, you think. "Tab" was a diet cola made by Coca-Cola and sweetened with saccharin. In recent years, the studies asserting saccharin's carcinogenic effects have been largely debunked. Recent studies found the initial findings to be "flawed" and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) revoked the mandatory health labels in 2000,[4] deeming no correlation between saccharin and cancer in humans. Additionally, in December 2010, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency removed saccharin from its list of hazardous substances. Tab is now usually found in supermarkets and convenience stores in 12-ounce cans.

80997=4552-Tab_can.jpg

We are not dated, just WISE! (lol, it's my story and I'm sticking to it, especially since tomorrow is my annual day of getting wiser)!

Guest doodleglo

Yum... Pizza! Hot or cold... I love it. My favorite used to be Pizza Hut,

then one day, right after Sunday Meeting, my hubby dropped me off

and went to our little town local hospital to get lunch and bring it

home.

I looked in the box... and waa*laa... a large slice of pizza. I thought

... ummm... pizza from the hospital cafeteria? How good could

that be?

Was I in for a surprise. It was delicious! Right down to the crust!

So I guess I'd have to say: 'hospital cafeteria pizza' is my favorite for now.

*LOL* ~ Glo

I agree with you, the only pizza my whole family loves is the ones I make from scratch.. My husbands grandmother,r who came over from Italy, taught me how to make it when my 6 kids were really little. Now it's always their one request when they come to visit,t now that they are married and have children of their own. Can't wait to see grandma in the new system and tell her how much everyone loved the fact that she took time to teach me how to make pizza.

• 3 weeks later...

my favourite pizza is a chicken bbq and bacon hmmmm,

and a friend of mine is an italian and a chef to

when we had the book studies and cuppa nite

he would bring his pizza;s the gourmet versions with eggplant and sundried tomatoes

and oregano and boccocni yum with seasame seeds sprinkled >:D< :eat::omg:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...