JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2018 Publishing Committee Report

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1755 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

I would like to see if you already have the video in Portuguese, since it is not yet on the site.

Oh, I see. Just posted the English link but, it is held up as I am new to JW Talk. This post will be held up too. lol 😀

17 minutes ago, LuvDogz said:

Ah eu vejo. Acabei de postar o link em inglês, mas é apresentado como novo no JW Talk. Este post será retido também. lol 😀

I found the video in Portuguese from Portugal. I'll watch it until Brazilian Portuguese does not arrive. Thank you sister Sophia!

So it looks like the emphasis is now on digital tools, which makes a perfect sense since many people now consume information online, especially in the form of videos. Worldly governments and organisations are also moving all their stuff online. It is cheaper and more efficient. 

4 hours ago, Araujo JW said:

I found the video in Portuguese from Portugal. I'll watch it until Brazilian Portuguese does not arrive. Thank you sister Sophia!

Br Cristino, it's available in portuguese from Brazil. Just go the link above and change language

12 hours ago, Araujo JW said:

Unfortunately not yet. Only Portuguese from Portugal. I saw it today at lunchtime. 

The report is touching.

You're right... I clicked on the languages button, and saw your language. But now when I clicked the video disappeared... It's strange because your language, when not at the same time, is usually ahead of mine :)

3 hours ago, jayrtom said:

You're right... I clicked on the languages button, and saw your language. But now when I clicked the video disappeared... It's strange because your language, when not at the same time, is usually ahead of mine :)

Jehovah is training my patience. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

learn a universal language and keep the mother tongue,

:thumbsup:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

At the Tower of Babel,  Jehovah empowered a new language for each group with no recollection of any previous ones.  I realize there was a purpose to that (to prevent collaboration) but it made me realize that the ones who changed did not realize they had "lost" anything or even that they were the ones that were different.

So If God chose to just give us all a common speech overnight, we might not even know it was any different.

If it was important to be able to read Old World printed documents...who knows.

EDIT:  maybe the "New Scrolls" include the old scrolls of the Bible, etc. in the new language plus the important "updates" required....?

Edited by jwhess

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

At the Tower of Babel,  Jehovah empowered a new language for each group with no recollection of any previous ones

Did Adam speak Hebrew? (Or, some kind of proto-Hebrew language?)

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Did Adam speak Hebrew? (Or, some kind of proto-Hebrew language?)

Br. Johan, this is the opinion stated by our organization:

*** it-1 p. 1068 Hebrew, II ***
The Bible is the only historical source giving reliable evidence of the origin of the language that we know as Hebrew. It was, of course, spoken by the Israelite descendants of “Abram the Hebrew” (Ge 14:13), who, in turn, was descended from Noah’s son Shem. (Ge 11:10-26) In view of God’s prophetic blessing on Shem (Ge 9:26), it is reasonable to believe that Shem’s language was not affected when God confused the language of the disapproved people at Babel. (Ge 11:5-9) Shem’s language would remain the same as it had been previously, the “one language” that had existed from Adam onward. (Ge 11:1) This would mean that the language that eventually came to be called Hebrew was the one original tongue of mankind. As stated, secular history knows no other.