JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Behind the Scenes of The Story of Jonah—A Lesson in Courage and Mercy

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1689 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

Holywood....

Yes, I know that. It is a play on words. I deliberately changed it to Jollywood. You may have heard of other "Hollywoods". For example, in Nigeria, the film industry is called Nollywood. In India, it is Bollywood. In our case, it is Jollywood. Jehovah plus wood. Jolly also means happy and to cheer. :)

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Holywood....

2 hours ago, Bek said:

Yes, I know that. It is a play on words. I deliberately changed it to Jollywood. You may have heard of other "Hollywoods". For example, in Nigeria, the film industry is called Nollywood. In India, it is Bollywood. In our case, it is Jollywood. Jehovah plus wood. Jolly also means happy and to cheer. :)

Maybe you missed Richard's point Nurzat. We understood it. He was saying that our studios are in Holywood (one L).

(:P) It's excellent!

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

They're easy to find in other languages. Just change the language on the site, and then look for the video. That's likely how Manfred found those links for you.

Hi Eric 

Is that Video on our regular website JW.org I can’t seem to find it? So excellent . 

Wow, so we have a full-fledge movie production arm as well, and from a technical standpoint, this is Hollywood level stuff. I bet that with our volunteer force, our production budget is probably a fraction of Hollywood's because we have no camera crews, actors, directors, and producers to pay. 

Manpower drives production budgets well into the tens of millions. We aren't spending anywhere near that. 

I know, can you imagine how thrilling the docu-movie  "ARMAGEDDON: BEHIND THE SCENES"  will be.   I can see the trailer now " A re- enactment of what look place in heaven in the months leading up to the final war"   

- cut to scenes of Jesus talking over strategy with Gabriel and some of the 144,000

- a few shots of some of the angels polishing their swords (looking up and nodding at the camera), 

- Jesus walking off into the throne chamber for private consultation with Jehovah, but smiles and waves before closing the door behind him 

.... of course a suitable musical score and  special effects will have to be added. Maybe bother Sydlik will narrate the commentary.  O what a premier that will be!

Edited by sunshine