JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Visiting Warwick

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1627 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

i went last year and called Bethel about the same

the answer was - NO - not for warwick

there is a hotel near Walkill that witnesses own and many use

but the sister said they do not have a bethel hotel or recommended one for that area

as a side note we found some very affordable and clean hotels not too far away on the NJ side

NJ is 5 minutes from Warwick

so a search engine like Hotels.com....or yelp...or tripadvisor

we stayed at a new Holiday Inn about 20-30 minutes away (east) after we left warwick - as we headed toward the city for the following day

2 hours ago, Buttrfly71 said:

Does anyone know if there's a recommended lodging list for visitors of Warwick? Will be visiting in April 2020😊

Thanks for your help!

Yes there is, ask your SEC for a copy. It is updated to 4/19 and covers Warwick, Walkill, Patterson, and New Jersy   areas.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

20 minutes ago, Old said:

Yes there is, ask your SEC for a copy. It is updated to 4/19 and covers Warwick, Walkill, Patterson, and New Jersy   areas.

I did that, and he doesn't know about it...lol

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13

26 minutes ago, DarinS said:

i went last year and called Bethel about the same

the answer was - NO - not for warwick

there is a hotel near Walkill that witnesses own and many use

but the sister said they do not have a bethel hotel or recommended one for that area

as a side note we found some very affordable and clean hotels not too far away on the NJ side

NJ is 5 minutes from Warwick

so a search engine like Hotels.com....or yelp...or tripadvisor

we stayed at a new Holiday Inn about 20-30 minutes away (east) after we left warwick - as we headed toward the city for the following day

That's exactly what we are doing. 😊

Trying to go through Oasis for a tour of the Met. It's difficult to get in contact with them though, so I am practicing patience (not my best quality).

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13

16 minutes ago, Buttrfly71 said:

I did that, and he doesn't know about it...lol

Ask him again, any elder can provide a copy. Instructions are it is not to be copied so I can't send you a copy.

JW.org Elder access limited under forms and named : BETHEL VISITORS LODGING AND CAR RENTAL LIST

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

In 2017 we stayed at a hotel i. Fishkill and visited all 3 locations from there.  Fishkill is about half hour from each location. The hotel was on the list at that time. 

We stayed at Fishkill also.  The hotel was "full" of JW's at an assembly, Warwick volunteers and Bethel visitors.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bluebell said:

....please can you tell us the Name of the Hotel  ?

Sr. Samira, the visit was more than 2 years ago.  The official "Recommended Lodging List" has changed.  Please ask for the new list and choose one of those hotels.

We got the hotel name from the list that was current for 2016-2017.  My son-in-law was working as a Warwick volunteer and he was already staying in this hotel, so we got a room there to meet him at the end of his assignment.  Fishkill (the town) is somewhat centrally located between the many New York Bethel facilities.  But there are closer accommodations to Warwick.  

Fishkill is now home to the rooming for older Bethelites who need elderly care.

On 11/12/2019 at 12:09 AM, Qapla said:

Don't know if they are on the list from the Branch ... but this place is owned/operated by JW's

image.png.9e0777a8ce922842c98e3e65f8c18883.png

We stayed at this hotel and absolutely loved it. All the staff are Witnesses and so are most of the customers too. They were extremely nice to us. The place looks a lot like the rooms at Bethel, everything is Bethel-style.

Wallkill is only a 15 minute ride from there. Warwick is a bit farther but still within reasonabIe. The hotel is located in a nice area with lots of restaurants and shops and supermarkets around.

Their price is reasonable but if you mention you are there to visit the branch they will give you a discount. :)

Edited by carlos