JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What are your trivial daily habits to keep your health?

For me,

I try to eat various nuts, perilla seed oil for Omega-3, occasional meats for protein, vegetables and fruits. (I try to eat some of everything)

Additionally I eat as small tablets Vitamin D, Zinc, Propolis.  

I read Convict Conditioning and try to apply the exercises in my daily routine.

I ride a bike for about 6-8 hours a week. 

perilla seed oil

Thanks, Brother Timothy for bringing up this food supplement. I vaguely remember reading about this oil. I think I may have to take this on a regular basis. What a great topic to put up for sharing.

I have borderline high cholesterol and have been having this jaw pain (brought on by activity) for some time. My hemoglobin A1c (Hb1Ac) reading is bad although my fasting sugar is normal. The doctor didn't give me any statins on account of my normal blood pressure. Will definitely go for an electrocardiogram (ECG) or some other test  (for my blocked arteries) soon.  

I do take chia seeds everyday. I soaked it overnight in the fridge and add it to whatever liquid food I take. I have to restrict myself to 2 tablespoons of the dry seeds. Very addictive.

I have definitely laid off any deep fried food, processed meat and red meat. My body produced enough cholesterol as it is.

Edited by M'Awan

2 spoons of chia seeds in water (very often) blueberries daily....warm glass of water with lemon before breakfast (breakky half an hour later) so far I am alive LOL :wave:

Bluberry-Lemon-Pie-Bluberries.jpg

index.jpg

vvv.jpg

5 hours ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

It's more about keeping your life! 😀

Not punching lions would help .....:whistling:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, M'Awan said:

I do take chia seeds everyday. I soaked it overnight in the fridge and add it to whatever liquid food I take. I have to restrict myself to 2 tablespoons of the dry seeds. Very addictive.

We have the same "addictive" habit! Same ..2 tablespoons! :drink:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 hours ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

For me,

I try to eat various nuts, perilla seed oil for Omega-3, occasional meats for protein, vegetables and fruits. (I try to eat some of everything)

Additionally I eat as small tablets Vitamin D, Zinc, Propolis.  

I read Convict Conditioning and try to apply the exercises in my daily routine.

I ride a bike for about 6-8 hours a week. 

I do sauna once a week, swimming etc

Sauna benefits: (going to the sauna tomorrow)

• Saunas improve cardiovascular performance. ...
  • Saunas aid in recovery after intense physical activity. ...
  • Saunas Flush Toxins. ...
  • Reduces incidences of Alzheimer's by 65% ...
  • Saunas relieve stress. ...
  • Saunas Can Induce a Deeper Sleep. ...
  • Saunas Can Help Fight Illness. ...
  • Sauna Cleanses The Skin.

6 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

2 spoons of chia seeds in water (very often) blueberries daily....warm glass of water with lemon before breakfast (breakky half an hour later) so far I am alive LOL :wave:

Bluberry-Lemon-Pie-Bluberries.jpg

index.jpg

vvv.jpg

Not punching lions would help .....:whistling:

You DONUT die because of these things!

2 hours ago, shali said:

I've recently given up a cup of coffee in the morning and instead have a cup of hot green tea.  It's good for the cholosteral levels.

I was thinking of doing that, but then I came to my senses and remembered that green tea is vile. 
My cholesterol is 3.2 which I am very happy about as at my first heart attack it was 14.

I am planning on living forever!  So far so good.

I drink lemon in warm water when I get up in the morning..drink organic coffee and eat organic food, eggs, beans, smart chicken, brocoli, soups, home made pumpkin cake, organic grass fed whipping cream, goat cheese, goat kefir, A2 milk, onions, garlic, sweet potatoes, and other spices, hot sauce, Mur Glen Cilantro salsa, pink salt...Supplements: Vitamin K2 7 (moves calcium to cells, bone, etc.) Vit. D3, Food based Blood sugar formula to maintain normal sugar levels, Tumeric for inflamation, Buried Treasure Allereze for B and other vitamins and supplements..no white sugar, no gluten..Try to stay away from fragrances!:D

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

1 hour ago, M'Awan said:

what I needed. Thanks

You are welcome! The way I learned about this was by trying the KETO way of eating. I stumbled on Dr. Berg's videos and learned about K2 7 and videos about causes of many health conditions. If I want ro refresh my memory, I google the health condition...Dr. Berg! Because K2 is dependent on healthy good bacteria in the small intestine, I make sure to drink my goat milk Kefir!!👍

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Turmeric tablets for my osteoarthritis in both my hands (a few times a victim of snatch thieves). I have to go for my weekly physiotherapy sessions at the hospital as well as the acupuncture treatment nearby. Both I'm loathe to go on account of having to take public transport.

I always look both ways before crossing the road/street.

There was one young sister who was knocked down while crossing the road. She was airlifted to a hospital in a big city. It must have affected her both physically and spiritually. She and her older sister seem to take turns being inactive in the truth. But then her sister was married to an unbeliever after becoming a JW,