JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Duplicated icons in Favorites

A sister asked me for help with this problem and I have no idea of what to do.

She has JW Library on an Android tablet. In the Favorites section the same publication appears several times. When I click on the three dots there is no option to remove from Favorites or delete the publication.

Have you ever come across this issue?

1 hour ago, carlos said:

A sister asked me for help with this problem and I have no idea of what to do.

She has JW Library on an Android tablet. In the Favorites section the same publication appears several times. When I click on the three dots there is no option to remove from Favorites or delete the publication.

Have you ever come across this issue?

Hi Carlos..We have been discussing this and other glitches that have occured as a result of JWL updates on another thread. Yes..that happened to me on my Samsung Note 3 phone..about 8 Social media whiteboard videos in favorites..not even downloaded! Not every Samsung device has the problem..My husband's Samsung Tab 4  8" Tablet is fine..so is my Samsung Grand Prime phone.😉

Screenshot_2019-11-29-18-00-04-1.png

Edited by SUNRAY

photo

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

53 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

None of my devices are affected but several of my wife's devices have multiple 2019 RC Programs in the Favorites.

Your wife is very spiritual ...:whistling:....:D

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I have six devices. One PC, one Laptop, one Surface tablet, one Ipad Pro and two Android cell phones (both LG models).\

I am running all 3 major OS (Windows 10, IOS-13 and Android 6 and Android 8).  All of them updated correctly, no problems.

My wife has an Ipad Pro that is OK but her LG cell phone has the extra "whiteboard" videos in her favorites.  It is exactly the same as one of my phones. We played around with different  attempts to fix it.  We were able to go to the media tab, select "teenagers" and choose the whiteboard about Social Media.  We deleted the video from the Media section.  When we rebooted, some of the favorite copies were gone.  She is down to 2 copies in favorites.  She is now able to add other items to favorites as well.

Other people in my Kingdom Hall can't put anything into "Favorites" nor can they get anything there to delete or remove.  All of the devices with problems that I see are Android based. I did not check the models or the manufacturer.

Edited by jwhess

@carlos You aren't alone. I also had a sister approach me with the same issue - in her case it was a whiteboard video that she claims she never added. The device is a Samsung Tab S2. I haven't heard anything from anyone else in the hall (very few android users) - and my Samsung Note 8 is fine.

If you every discover a fix, please post! It's getting tougher to convince people to re-download all their videos these days!

7 minutes ago, keypunch said:

It's getting tougher to convince people to re-download all their videos these days!

The recent updates to JWL let you reload the media back into the app without downloading it again. Use the file manager to open a media file and it should ask which app to use to open the file, use the JWL app. Some older devices don't associate media files with JWL so you might need to use a different file manager. This only works on media files that are included in the catalog. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 minutes ago, keypunch said:

Does this mean that when uninstalling JWLibrary it doesn't delete the video/audio files? That would be excellent.

I haven't had to uninstall and reinstall the JWL app, however I understand that the audio/video files are not affected.  

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

Hi Carlos..We have been discussing this and other glitches that have occured as a result of JWL updates on another thread. Yes..that happened to me on my Samsung Note 3 phone..about 8 Social media whiteboard videos in favorites..not even downloaded! Not every Samsung device has the problem..My husband's Samsung Tab 4  8" Tablet is fine..so is my Samsung Grand Prime phone.😉

Thanks, Elizabeth! It's good to know the sister didn't do anything wrong. I'm sure this will be fixed in the next update. :)😀

Edited by carlos

1 hour ago, jayrtom said:

Now that I had found a solution there is an update coming :D

I am curious as to what solution you found..:coffee:

10 hours ago, jwhess said:

My JW Library update on my Android phone fixed the "favorites" problem and put back all of the items that were there before.  Great

All of our devices are also fixed! 👍

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

13 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

I am curious as to what solution you found..:coffee:

If you had a recent backup you could just restore it and it would fix the problem

If not you could make a backup with the problem and then use the JWMerge app to delete the favorites and then restore it again - In this case you had to create the favorites again