JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Favourite bible chapter

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1560 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We often talk about favourite bible books, verses, chatacters or stories. 

What about specific chapters? Are there chapters that have become very special to you?

I have many in mind...but I'll start with my personal number one 😊

Psalm 37

Although it is quite a short psalm,  it contains so many verses that strengthen my hope and comfort me when I'm going through difficult times. For example the verses 9 and 10:

"Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more;+You will look at where they were,And they will not be there.+11  But the meek will possess the earth,+And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace"

What are your favourite bible chapters?

Chrissy :wave:

34 minutes ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

Ezekiel 34.

Shows that the real shepherd is Jehovah. 

Oh actually shows that the shepherd God appointed is Jesus.

Just makes it clear how strong-willed Jehovah is to end the sufferings of his servants.

Feeding us spiritually now

But on a larger scale in the NW. 

Psalm 73

I love that Asaph is so honest about his feelings towards the wicked ones and tells us about his change of mind. And then let us know how "rich" we are with Jehovah as our refuge. Great chapter 😊

Edited by ijsvogel

1 Kings 1:1-4:

1  Now King David was old,a advanced in years,* and although they would cover him with garments, he could not get warm.  So his servants said to him: “Let a girl, a virgin, be found for my lord the king, and she will wait on the king as his nurse. She will lie in your arms so that my lord the king may feel warm.”  They searched throughout all the territory of Israel for a beautiful girl, and they found Abʹi·shagb the Shuʹnam·mitec and brought her in to the king.  The girl was extremely beautiful, and she became the king’s nurse and waited on him, but the king did not have sexual relations with her.

Moved topic over to the Interchange of Encouragement forum.

This is my favorite resurrection scripture of all time (and I liked it even a little moreso in Reference Bible)....

Isaiah 26:19 "Your dead will live. My corpses will rise up. Awake and shout joyfully, You residents in the dust! For your dew is as the dew of the morning, And the earth will let those powerless in death come to life."

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

On 12/30/2019 at 3:23 AM, coony77 said:

We often talk about favourite bible books, verses, chatacters or stories. 

What about specific chapters? Are there chapters that have become very special to you?

I have many in mind...but I'll start with my personal number one 😊

Psalm 37

Although it is quite a short psalm,  it contains so many verses that strengthen my hope and comfort me when I'm going through difficult times. For example the verses 9 and 10:

"Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more;+You will look at where they were,And they will not be there.+11  But the meek will possess the earth,+And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace"

What are your favourite bible chapters?

Psalm 37 is one of mine too.  It's very comforting to me.

47 minutes ago, Dages said:

Psalm 27

* snap *  my favorite Psalm!!!!

I think Psalms should have their own category since  they are so wonderful.  

(When the bans come I resloved to cut up a pocket sized bible and to stuff the entire thing into  the hollow interior of my wooden leg, and then I remembered....I dont have a wooden leg!!)

If  I have to choose one page of one CHAPTER (other than Psalm 27) it would be Hebrews 11 as it is so encouraging and contains months worth of meditation.

I love this thread! :)

2 Kings chapter 6, story of Elisha.  Verses 15-17 in particular gives me shivers every time I read them:

When the attendant of the man of the true God rose early and went outside, he saw that an army with horses and war chariots was surrounding the city. At once the attendant said to him: “Alas, my master! What are we to do?” But he said: “Do not be afraid! For there are more who are with us than those who are with them.” Then Elisha began to pray and say: “O Jehovah, open his eyes, please, that he may see.” Immediately Jehovah opened the attendant’s eyes and he saw, and look! the mountainous region was full of horses and war chariots of fire all around Elisha.

Judges Ch6

Particularly vs 11 - 16 .

Later Jehovah’s angel came and sat under the big tree that was in Ophʹrah, which belonged to Joʹash the Abi-ezʹrite.r His son Gidʹe·ons was beating out wheat in the winepress in order to hide it from Midʹi·an. 12 Jehovah’s angel appeared to him and said: Jehovah is with you, you mighty warrior. 13 At this Gidʹe·on said to him: Pardon me, my lord, but if Jehovah is with us, why has all of this come upon usWhere are all his wonderful acts that our fathers related to us, saying, Did Jehovah not bring us up out of Egypt? Now Jehovah has deserted us and given us into Midʹi·an’s hand. 14 Jehovah faced him and said: Go with the strength you have, and you will save Israel out of Midʹi·an’s hand. Is it not I who send you? 15 Gidʹe·on answered him: Pardon me, Jehovah. How can I save Israel? Look! My clan is the least in Ma·nasʹseh, and I am the most insignificant in my father’s house. 16 But Jehovah said to him: Because I will be with you, you will strike down Midʹi·an as if they were one man.

I read it often, for a few reasons. A reminder of:

• Jehovah sees us a lot differently than we do; He sees potential even if we can't ; Jehovah is with you, you mighty warrior. 
  • We do not have to be super men/women.; Go with the strength you have (not what you think you should have)
  • Why we can be confident in doing what we're asked;  Because I will be with you
  • The things in opposition to us in our spiritual lives are NOTHING to Jehovah and his spiritas if they were one man

these are GEMS to me personally

I think this week my favourite chapter is John 17. Or maybe 14 or 15 or 16.

Or perhaps Genesis 1.

Or maybe Acts 2.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

On 1/9/2020 at 1:56 PM, Luigi62 said:

i like Dan 3. About the 3 hebrews, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. I found it amazing when they walked out of the fire they didn't smell of fire.

I love this,  too, as well as chapter 5 with the handwriting on the wall...😍

On 1/7/2020 at 12:38 AM, Dismal_Bliss said:

I just realized this topic was about favorite bible chapter, and here I commented on a bible verse.

glasses GIF by Bahijjaroudi

Never mind, Bob 😄 I like your bible verse, and you can still post your favourite chapter...

Edited by coony77

My favorite experience is at 1 Samuel chapter 17:31- 51. Verse 45 tells us David's mind set in defending Jehovah's name. The Philistine has taunted the name of David's God and he, through holy spirit, defends Jehovah's name. "You are coming against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I am coming against you in the name pf Jehovah of armies, the God of the battle line of Israel, whom you have taunted." Then he hurls a stone with  his sling and kills Goliath. Jehovah's name is honored before all the Israelite and Philistine armies. If we honor Jehovah's name and position, he will help us to make such a bold statement about him, just as David did through his life.