JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The "Movie Quotes" Game

Joey

Not Fair: Two Quotes.

Brazil

T.V. Interviewer= John Flanagan “How do you account for the fact that the bombing campaign has been going on for thirteen years?”

Mr. Helpmann= Peter Vaughan “Beginners' luck.”

New:

"She looks like my third grade teacher, and I hated my third grade teacher... wait a minute, she IS my third grade teacher!"

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Sorry about Brazil. I thought it made sense to have the complete quote by the two characters - might have been way too difficult with just the one line.

Sleepless In Seattle

Tom Hanks = Sam Baldwin

new

Non!

(This is a hard one to research, I think. But I am very willing to give a clue if requested. It really is not that hard if you know the film, because it is such a standout quote!)

"Hey, you wanna hear my philosophy of life? Do it to him before he does it to you."

On The Waterfront. Terry Malloy character played by Marlon Brando.

NEW

"There is something delicious about writing those first few words of a story".

Lost Horizon

Robert Conway= Ronald Colman “George, didn't you ever want to know what's on the other side of the mountain.”

New:

"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares it his duty."

"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares it his duty."

By Apollodorus played by Stewart Granger

Movie:

Caesar and Cleopatra

NEW:

"You ruined his chances and yet you treat him with sarcasm".

"You ruined his chances and yet you treat him with sarcasm".

Elizabeth Bennet to Mr. Darcy.....mini series....Pride and Prejudice...(1995)

Mr. Darcy - Colin Firth

Miss Bennet - Jennifer Ehle

NEW

"Now it isn't that I don't like you, Susan, because, after all, in moments of quite, I'm strangely drawn toward you, but---there haven't been any quite moments."

"Now it isn't that I don't like you, Susan, because, after all, in moments of quite, I'm strangely drawn toward you, but---there haven't been any quite moments."

Bringing up baby

Quote by: David Huxley played by Cary Grant.

NEW: "We're rageous, party, party, party."

OLD: "The plan is simple I fly to the moon, I grab the moon, I sit on the toilet." Movie not UP but DESPICABLE ME.

QUOTE: Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today.

ANS: GROUNDHOG DAY.

Spoken By: PHIL who was played by Bill Murray.

NEW: "Pop's aint gonna be round much anymore his 11's are up."

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Gus=Michael Constantine “Last night, my toe was as big as my face.”

New:

“In America they'd bring only a penny, and, huh, I guess that's about all they're worth.”

QUOTE: Kansas is going bye-bye

Matrix

By Morpheus played by Laurence Fishburne

NEW: "Last night my toe was as big as my face"

Actually is was Cypher who said it played by Joe Pantoliano, but you got the film right.

“In America they'd bring only a penny, and, huh, I guess that's about all they're worth.”

Rick= Bogart in Casablanca

new

Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

ZOOLANDER.....Ben Stiller as Derek Zoolander....(2001)

New

Don't let me stand in your way, please don't let me stand in your way. The last thing I want to be remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth...you know, nothing grinds my gears worse than some chowderhead that doesn't know when to keep his big trap shut...if you catch me running off with my mouth, just give me a poke in the chubbs.

Don't let me stand in your way, please don't let me stand in your way. The last thing I want to be remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth...you know, nothing grinds my gears worse than some chowderhead that doesn't know when to keep his big trap shut...if you catch me running off with my mouth, just give me a poke in the chubbs.

"THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!" my favorite quote.

Movie: PLANES, TRAINS and AUTOMOBILES.

Del Griffith played by John Candy

NEW: "He turned it sideways IT'S A KILL SHOT"