JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Section—Bible Verses Explained

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1442 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I find it on JW.org but do not find "Bible verses Explained"in Article series on JWLibray pc version.

Nor can I find it in Article Series on my Ipad.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

2 minutes ago, Old said:

I find it on JW.org but do not find "Bible verses Explained"in Article series on JWLibray pc version.

I looked for it too in JW Library PC version, but with the same result. It seems to be brand new though, so I didn't expect it to show up immediately. Just give it time.

It will show up in your JW Library. Give it a day or two. Meanwhile, you can browse the section on the website. It’s really very good.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I have the "Article Series" under "Publications" and I have "Bible Questions Answered" in the Article Series list ... but "Bible Verses Explained" is not there - yet

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

It looks like Turkish.

An what does this have to do with the topic?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 2/24/2020 at 5:46 PM, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Obviously new as only 3 verses are explained so far - but it is a section under Bible teachings on jw.org!

The link for Genesis 1:1 - 

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/bible-verses/genesis-1-1/

Now I understand better why some of you have posted that only Jehovah is "the Creator" - Isaiah 42:5; 45:18

When I posted the view that humans are creators, I meant this without the definite article and in harmony with Hebrews 3:4

Hebrews 3:4

New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition)

4 Of course, every house is constructed by someone, but the one who constructed all things is God.

The Hebrew word in Genesis 1:1; Isaiah 42:5; 45:18 is the same form of bara/create.

However, the Greek  Septuagint (LXX) uses G4160/poieo/to make or do and there is no Hebrew or Greek definite article these verses.

[Edit/correction - LXX DOES have the definite article in Greek in Genesis 1:1 linked with G4160/poieo/make/made/maker]

Actually, Gen.1:1 does not have the definite article before "beginning" either - it can be translated "a beginning."

Compare John 1:1 theos/god with or without the definite article.

Edited by Newtonian

Correction

• 1 month later...

These select verses contain valuable lessons that will benefit anyone who puts therm into use.  Does this new feature seem to be designed for the public?

Or, will they explain Bible verses such as Mt. 24:34 (this generation) or 1 Th 5:3 (peace and security) , verses that many of us still grapple with.

Time will tell.

These select verses contain valuable lessons that will benefit anyone who puts therm into use.  Does this new feature seem to be designed for the public?

Or, will they explain Bible verses such as Mt. 24:34 (this generation) or 1 Th 5:3 (peace and security) , verses that many of us still grapple with.

Time will tell.

They are simple, but quite deep. Both us and the public can benefit from them. Read them!

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...