JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone a fan of the beatles

6 hours ago, Pabo said:

Depends on which style of their work that you want to compile.

You could focus on all their number ones, another can be their acoustics, another can be for dancing to, then you have rock, ballads, melodies, bass lines, guitar solo's etc. Or you could focus on one of the band members, who had the most input into their songs, or who the main vocalist, etc. Or a list of their cover songs that they had covered (especially in their earlier years). Or what mood you want the compilation to be.

I have always been an album listener more than a hits or compilation listener, thus I am most probably not the best person to come up with a compilation. But If I were to come up with a list of songs, it would be for their bass lines.

Dear Prudence - White Album

I'm So Tired - White Album

Drive My Car - Rubber Soul

Helter Skelter - White Album

I've Got A Feeling - Let It Be

Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey - White Album

She Said She Said - Revolver

Something - Abbey Road

I Saw Her Standing There - Please Please Me

Think For Yourself - Rubber Soul

Got To Get You Into My Life - Revolver

I Me Mine - Let It Be

Come Together - Abbey Road

Tax Man - Revolver

- White Album

However I just came across this article that asked an interesting question, what would be on the 13th Beatles album. They picked some of the songs that the artists released as individuals but were in the works when they were still together as The Beatles. It would make a terrific album if they did.

https://headstuff.org/entertainment/music/the-playlist-the-beatles-13th-album/

My new medley...just have to think of a music...

I am so tired of a Tax man, why I got to get you in my into my life? Tax man said: Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey..

I know when Tax man and me Come together there is Something heavy in the air.... la la la  

I am so tired... dear Prudence....la la la 

I drive my car far away , to forget about Tax man ...la la la 

But Lucy in the sky always spots me fast...

Tax man says ...pay your taxes, I softly ask when are they due? ..he say with vigor  Yesterday! 

Not even Savoy Truffle will put a smile on my face....

And the rest is just Ob-La-Di ... Ob-La-Da .......

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

My new medley...just have to think of a music...

I am so tired of a Tax man, why I got to get you in my into my life? Tax man said: Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey..

I know when Tax man and me Come together there is Something heavy in the air.... la la la  

I am so tired... dear Prudence....la la la 

I drive my car far away , to forget about Tax man ...la la la 

But Lucy in the sky always spots me fast...

Tax man says ...pay your taxes, I softly ask when are they due? ..he say with vigor  Yesterday! 

Not even Savoy Truffle will put a smile on my face....

And the rest is just Ob-La-Di ... Ob-La-Da .......

We used to have a game where you would pick an album, and with the song list, you had to make a story with that song list. You got 5 points for each song title you used, but lost a point for each word that you inserted. Beatles albums where good for this and so where Dire Straits albums.

Using my list I would have the following:

Dear Prudence, I'm So Tired to Drive My Car

in a Helter Skelter manner, as I've Got A Feeling that Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey.

She Said She Said Something when I Saw Her Standing There to Think For Yourself and you've Got To Get You Into My Life with I Me Mine to Come Together with 

Tax Man to eat Savoy Truffle.

15 songs times 5 less 15 inserted words at 1 point each equals 60 points.

Edited by Pabo

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

If anyone has watched McCartney 3, 2, 1 there are some wonderful onsights within the history of some of the tracks, especially when they isolate and mute  certain tracks off a song.