JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone a fan of the beatles

I like "Yesterday", "Blackbird", "Eleanor Rigby", "She's Leaving Home", "A Day in the Life" and "In My Life", just to name a few.  :uhhuh:

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

8 hours ago, minister159 said:

I like "Yesterday", "Blackbird", "Eleanor Rigby", "She's Leaving Home", "A Day in the Life" and "In My Life", just to name a few.  :uhhuh:

Oh, yes, I also love "yesterday". :crush:

And although "Eleanor Rigby" makes me feel sad, I like listening to it. 

It's really impossible to decide on ONE favourite song ...

Chrissy :wave:

1 minute ago, nanceebgd46 said:

youtube.com/watch?v=Man4xw8xypo ...........Beatles/Blackbird

I get video unavailable. I think the 'Xs' have to be capitalized.

Works for me here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Man4Xw8Xypo

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

• 3 weeks later...

here, there, everywhere 

I will

my life

long winding road 

Something

Ballad of John and Yoko

my guitar gently weeps

Carry that weight

Day in a life

come together

hello goodbye

bulldog

more......

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

• 2 weeks later...

Not necessarily a Beatles fan, but Hey Jude has one of the best codas in popular music ever- the entire song is a build up to the euphoric "na na na Hey Jude" part, which in the 7 minute version, actually goes on for longer than the first section! Sang it A LOT around the house when I really got into the song xD

On 3/16/2020 at 8:02 AM, TiaCyre said:

I use to be until John Lennon made the statement back in 1966

"I do not know what will go first, rock'n'roll or Christianity … we're more popular than Jesus now".

It's fair to say the words didn't go down too well at the time - I had to google the exact wording!

Ask him after resurrection during Millennium Reign,,,... Hey, Johnny who is more popular now? You or Jesus ? LOL :whistling:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

When I was a teenager (graduated 1983 for reference) there was a radio station that played Beatles A to Z.  I wasn’t very aware of them, above hearing ‘For You Blue’ in my sister’s apartment around 1970.  Anyway, during this A to Z playlist, I just happened to catch it when they were in the Ns, and ‘Norwegian Wood’ was playing.  Since then, that song has been a favorite of mine. Since then, I’ve turned into a huge fan.  If I’m going to sing along, it’s ‘Rocky Raccoon’ or ‘I am the Walrus’.  I like practically everything from Revolver on.  If we’re talking Wings era, then ‘My Love’ and ‘Mull of Kintyre’.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ha, me a Beatles... nah. That is sarcasm at it greatest.

My Beatles collection (Solo and Group)... Hmm, I have to be careful. If I allowed it, I could be very unbalanced.

You are going to have a hard time finding a bigger Beatles fan than me.

My name is even in the credits of a Beatles related movie, and yes it is me. (not A Hard Day's Night, or Help!... or anything like that...) I did say Beatles related. Sorry, if I am bragging. Not what I intend. Just trying to emphasize my interest.

Edited by Gary910

2 hours ago, Gary910 said:

I could be very unbalanced.

You mean you're not. But you are from Orange county and I thought everybody from there was.

Do you even have any Orange Orchards left in Orange county?

There used to be a small one outside Sun City, CA but it is gone now.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

5 minutes ago, pnutts said:

You mean you're not. But you are from Orange county and I thought everybody from there was.

Do you even have any Orange Orchards left in Orange county?

There used to be a small one outside Sun City, CA but it is gone now.

Huh?

I hope I am balanced... I try to be. There are things in this world that we enjoy that if we let them could draw us away from Jehovah. We love Jehovah more than loving the things of the world, so it helps us to remain balanced.

No, there are no Orange groves in Orange County. Sun City, CA is not in Orange County.

4 minutes ago, Gary910 said:

Sun City, CA is not in Orange County.

It is in Riverside county - where in laws live a few minutes from Sun City. Riverside had close to 1000 new cases of covid-19 in one day - last count 🤕

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 2:02 PM, TiaCyre said:

I use to be until John Lennon made the statement back in 1966

"I do not know what will go first, rock'n'roll or Christianity … we're more popular than Jesus now".

It's fair to say the words didn't go down too well at the time - I had to google the exact wording!

It is sad, at the time John Lennon said this it was true. The Beatles were more popular than Jesus.

Even 50 years after they broke up, they are probably still more popular than Jesus.

The thing that gets forgotten, is that John Lennon later explained what he meant. He did not mean this as a put down for Christianity (obviously he did not understand what 'True Christianity" was/is). He said it in a general way. The Beatles were, at the time that John said this, in an interview, more popular than religion/(so called) Christianity. John Lennon stated in his 'explanation' that he wasn't putting religion down, he was just stating a 'fact'. A fact that I sadly have to agree with.

The comment that he said at the time, I have to absolutely disagree with is that "Christianity will shrink". False Christianity will shrink, but True Christianity will Grow.

• 2 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RicaUqd9Hg

The Top Notes and the Isley Brothers both recorded “Twist and Shout” before The Beatles, but the Fab Four's addition of a heavier rock feel and John Lennon's raucous performance at the end turned the song into a classic. Super-fans know that the track was recorded in a single take and that Lennon had a cold. His faltering voice gives the tune its raw sound.

• 2 years later...

I have The Beatles Box collection of their albums, as well as the Anthology Collection on CD. I have Abbey Road and Sgt Peppers as vinyl LP's.

I really don't have a particular favorite song or album, as depending on my mood I may listen to their early work and at times their later work.

I knew a brother who had a Technic LP player where it at times played the music where it may miss the vocal track on one song, the bass line on another, or a couple of instruments at once etc. And if you played the same record again, it would do something different. It was interesting hearing songs were missing a particular element(s) of the song which gave a different view of the song being played. We could listen to the the same side of a record for a whole day and get different views of the tracks. The best album it worked with was Rubber Soul album.

I also was a fan of Paul McCartney's work and also George Harrison's. Never really gotten into John's music but his main popular hits were very good to listen to. I liked his son's Julian's songs that he brought out too.

I have a copy of the Get Back docu by Peter Jackson and am only about 2/3rds through it. Much better than the Let It Be video. It really paints a better light of the group, even though they had their issues, when they were together they really feed on each other's abilities and gifts.

8 hours ago, Pabo said:

I have The Beatles Box collection of their albums, as well as the Anthology Collection on CD. I have Abbey Road and Sgt Peppers as vinyl LP's.

I really don't have a particular favorite song or album, as depending on my mood I may listen to their early work and at times their later work.

I knew a brother who had a Technic LP player where it at times played the music where it may miss the vocal track on one song, the bass line on another, or a couple of instruments at once etc. And if you played the same record again, it would do something different. It was interesting hearing songs were missing a particular element(s) of the song which gave a different view of the song being played. We could listen to the the same side of a record for a whole day and get different views of the tracks. The best album it worked with was Rubber Soul album.

I also was a fan of Paul McCartney's work and also George Harrison's. Never really gotten into John's music but his main popular hits were very good to listen to. I liked his son's Julian's songs that he brought out too.

I have a copy of the Get Back docu by Peter Jackson and am only about 2/3rds through it. Much better than the Let It Be video. It really paints a better light of the group, even though they had their issues, when they were together they really feed on each other's abilities and gifts.

Actually, before you even posted above, I was thinking of creating Beatles playlist on my Apple Music.

I do not want more than 15-20 songs.

Which ones do you recommend? 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 3/14/2020 at 6:04 PM, halfspanishlee said:

Was wondering if anyone is a fan of the Beatles

yeah, yeah, yeah..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

Actually, before you even posted above, I was thinking of creating Beatles playlist on my Apple Music.

Depends on which style of their work that you want to compile.

You could focus on all their number ones, another can be their acoustics, another can be for dancing to, then you have rock, ballads, melodies, bass lines, guitar solo's etc. Or you could focus on one of the band members, who had the most input into their songs, or who the main vocalist, etc. Or a list of their cover songs that they had covered (especially in their earlier years). Or what mood you want the compilation to be.

I have always been an album listener more than a hits or compilation listener, thus I am most probably not the best person to come up with a compilation. But If I were to come up with a list of songs, it would be for their bass lines.

Dear Prudence - White Album

I'm So Tired - White Album

Drive My Car - Rubber Soul

Helter Skelter - White Album

I've Got A Feeling - Let It Be

Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey - White Album

She Said She Said - Revolver

Something - Abbey Road

I Saw Her Standing There - Please Please Me

Think For Yourself - Rubber Soul

Got To Get You Into My Life - Revolver

I Me Mine - Let It Be

Come Together - Abbey Road

Tax Man - Revolver

Savoy Truffle - White Album

However I just came across this article that asked an interesting question, what would be on the 13th Beatles album. They picked some of the songs that the artists released as individuals but were in the works when they were still together as The Beatles. It would make a terrific album if they did.

https://headstuff.org/entertainment/music/the-playlist-the-beatles-13th-album/

3 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Two of my faves by the fantastic four. 👍

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif