JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Zoom, Skype Technical Q&A here:

5 minutes ago, Janko said:

After monday update, I couldnt find Clear all raised hands down. I must did it manually.

Is that button lost / disapeared?

Also had this issue mid week. We had a resolution passed, all hands went up and had to lower each individually. Would be awesome if the "lower all" option hasn't been completely removed but rather moved somewhere else. If anyone finds it, please let us know. 

6 hours ago, Janko said:

After monday update, I couldnt find Clear all raised hands down. I must did it manually.

Is that button lost / disapeared?

It's in Participants, More (three dots). It will appear when you have participants in a meeting. I'm in a new empty meeting and it doesn't appear yet. So it will appear when participants have joined. You could also do it with the Clear All button with Non Verbal Feedback enabled. Since Co-Hosts have the Raise Hand button, I've disabled Non Verbal Feedback to keep things simple.

46 minutes ago, Janko said:

I had co-host as av tech. Participiants tab opened on left and zoom window on right of the screen. I looked to three dots, but I couldnt find Clear all hands down. I did it manually today, but our brothers are so skilled, that they are doing hands down alone.

Just tested it on Windows 10, Zoom 5.4.7 host role. The Lower All Hands button appears only when there is hands up.

image.png.08eb86167ddd950ceaeda1c89324a63a.png

image.png.f5329b7d7a52821c6558b12d533b45e2.png

Participants, More button at the bottom (three dots)

I would think it would appear for co-hosts too. I will test later, unless someone as co-host seen it lately.

7 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Just as a point of reference, the latest Zoom version is 5.4.9

And, as of today - this has NOT changed ... I have found that, at times, a few days after an update there is another one to fix minor bugs. So far that has not happened with this latest update.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

New update due Monday 25th.  A new feature that might be of particular interest to those on AV

Meeting/webinar features

• Share and play video files directly into meeting 
    The Video option under Advanced share options will allow you to choose a video file, which will be opened by Zoom and played in the meeting as shared content. Host has typical video player controls (pause/ play, volume control, full screen, video length/elapsed time), which are not seen by other participants during share. MP4 and MOV files are supported, and max video resolution is 1080p.

There were some bug fixes in 5.4.9 - just like there is in most of the updates. However, the time between those updates indicated that the "new features/enhancements" were the thrust of the update. Updates that are primarily for bug fixes when it comes to Zoom are usually within a couple/few days of the last release.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

48 minutes ago, bigvince said:

Question. When sharing a video in zoom from the ipad, the person on the other end can hardly hear even though the volume is all the way up. There is no "share computer audio" option on ipad. Is there a way to fix this?

From the iPad side, not that I know of. If the person on the other end is using a Windows computer, then they could enable the Loudness Equalization sound enhancement. I just did a test using my iPad to Screen Share to my computer. The iPad does send low audio. The only way to hear it at a louder volume was to have Loudness Equalization enabled on my computer.

2 hours ago, bigvince said:

Question. When sharing a video in zoom from the ipad, the person on the other end can hardly hear even though the volume is all the way up. There is no "share computer audio" option on ipad. Is there a way to fix this?

I didn't even think you COULD share a video from an iPad. . . Every time I try I am able to only share photos.  Is this a new feature?

1 minute ago, bigvince said:

@TylerD Where would they enable loudness optimization?

1. Type sound in the search bar on the taskbar.

2. Click Sound Settings from the search results.

3. Click Sound Control Panel on the top right under Related Settings

4. Click on Speakers. The one that says Default Device with a green check-mark.

5. Click Properties

6. Click on the Enhancements tab at the top of the window

7. From the list, scroll down to the bottom and check the Loudness Equalization box.

8. Click OK

43 minutes ago, LRJW said:

I didn't even think you COULD share a video from an iPad. . . Every time I try I am able to only share photos.  Is this a new feature?

On the Zoom account settings, the option, Disable desktop/screen share for users needs to be off. This is located at In Meeting (Basic) of the Zoom account settings.

image.png.1ba7973d3e08bb5818358828b8bf6507.png

Once this is done, you should see Screen as a screen share option, along with many other options.

194952485_ipadshare(2).jpg.7619ec12f703a6db51a586e7e3bce5b7.jpg

Edited by TylerD

4 hours ago, TylerD said:

New forms update on jw.org login. S-179 and Zoom Online Videoconferencing Instructions

Ok thanks. More work to do. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible