JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Just a comic idea I suddenly had...

Nirex

I might admit I may have got some of the storyline wrong.

Revelation 17:3-5, Babylon the Great is described as a woman arrayed in purple and scarlet, richly adorned, and sitting upon a scarlet-colored wild beast having seven heads and ten horns.

Apparently the harlot who is sitting on the wild beast having 7 heads and 10 horns is feeling very miffed because parts of the composite beast are showing signs of Covid-19.

One head is obviously sniffing and another suffering from a dry cough. One has gone to sleep. 

Hence the need for her to be quarantined from the scarlet-colored beast. 

Wow, the family is having so much fun imagining the conversation between friends who are under house quarantine. Having a discussion between 8 entities should be quite fascinating. A great way to pass time. But wait, help is on the way. Someone is at the door, coming to see the streamed meeting together. The more the merrier.

I guess there is no wrong answer. Up to each one of us to interpret whichever way we want. Have fun.

43 minutes ago, Dane Rí Rua said:

Excellent work...just the bottom frame,what is it,looks like a set of teeth?

That is a multi-pak of Charmin Toilet Paper, a popular brand name here in the States. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Sorry, I didn't know the story might be confusing >.<

Alright so normally BTG rides the scarlet/wild beast. But because of Coronavirus, they're separated. But because of our day and age, they both have cell phones.

BTG is texting WB for toilet paper (crisis) and to fix the economy since WB is UN.

WB/UN tells BTG they're sick at the moment so they can't do anything (Because the UN is also down for Corona/where the idea came from). She's religion, shouldn't she be teaching people to not be greedy.

BTG being a hypocrite, says it's not her job.

UN/WB thinks about that, clearly annoyed, thinking what is her job then, and maybe next United Nations meeting they should discuss her not 'doing her job or having a job (getting fed up with religion) also saying she has so much money to not be working (noticing her wealth).

UN/WB texts back they can't help her, see her next meeting smiley face (maybe they're planning something... lol)

Meanwhile, a random JW family is studying and watching JW stream, gets a ring at the doorbell, someone another JW sent them toilet paper.

As in while BTG and UN are fighting over TP.

JWs are at peace and sharing TP.

The text/avatars names "BTGRuelzU" and "WildBeast4P&S" (peace and security).

BTG in her avatar has a wine glass depicting older images. WB has a giant smile like campaigning.

Edited by Nirex

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

I had no trouble following the panes or understanding the story/jokes. Is it too much for me to hope that this is the beginning of a webtoon version of Illustrated Bible Stories? 🤣 https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/children/illustrated-bible-stories/

'Daddy, what was it like in the old world?' 'It's easier to show than to tell. Here's something that people invented to cope, they were called comics...'

Edited by Myew

4 hours ago, Myew said:

I had no trouble following the panes or understanding the story/jokes. Is it too much for me to hope that this is the beginning of a webtoon version of Illustrated Bible Stories? 🤣 https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/children/illustrated-bible-stories/

'Daddy, what was it like in the old world?' 'It's easier to show than to tell. Here's something that people invented to cope, they were called comics...'

Oh! You read Webtoons too? I thought I was the only one.

But to the question. I wish. Sadly, I don't have the art confidence to do that. Every day I try to improve but I always face those "I'm not good enough compared to these people, I see the scenes in my head but can't translate them to to paper, need to improve more and more" ruts.  Maybe in the new system if anime still exists as an art form (only style I like/can draw in)

Edit: WOah thanks for the link. I did not know there were comics on the site o.o

Edited by Nirex

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

I read some from time to time, mostly comedy, slice of life, anxiety, depression, cats, sci-fi, space... I've been reading comic strips like Calvin & Hobbes most of my life. Probably part of why I'm obsessed with cats. https://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/2020/03/15

Don't let it worry you, I was just joking about a series. Though I think you do have the artistic practice and the wit. If you ever need some motivation with art, I highly recommend: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/the-art-of-being-an-artist/list?title_no=340626

The Watchtower comics are illustrated in a graphic novel style with full backgrounds, very well done. There are people at Bethel who are talented or former professional artists. Some people even do artwork remotely. I find it sad that they're hidden away in the children's section myself... they deserve as much recognition as the music or videos in my opinion. Probably painted by the same people.

Edited by Myew

I love the graphic novels for kids on the website,i loved the art work and it really brought it to life for me,i was quite sad when they decided not to keep doing it...over the years I collected and subsequently got rid of loads of graphic novels(conscience)...hopefully some day a brother or sister will make a biblical graphic novel(hint hint 😄)

20 hours ago, Nirex said:

But to the question. I wish. Sadly, I don't have the art confidence to do that. Every day I try to improve but I always face those "I'm not good enough compared to these people, I see the scenes in my head but can't translate them to to paper, need to improve more and more" ruts.  Maybe in the new system if anime still exists as an art form (only style I like/can draw in)

Only way you improve is by trying.  I think your cartoon was good.  There will always be people you aren't good compared to.  I remember a Watchtower talking about singing, and I answered pointing out that so many people say they can't sing, when what they mean is, they can't sing as well as professional singers who are the best in the world at it and who practise it all day and have professional coaches.  That's like saying you can't ride a bike just because you've never won a professional cycling competition.  You can't claim not to be good at something just because you aren't as good as some other people at it.  I can see the expression in your characters' faces, BTG's irritation even comes across in her posture in that first picture.