JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Local needs - Choose Your Apps Wisely

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1322 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

22 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:

Sorry you had that experience Sister Lisa. Sounds like that sister was worked up over more than just an App and you got the brunt of it. Neither fair not pleasant but something we all get at times.

She was probably sick of Brothers and Sisters sending her memes about Zoom & being in lockdown. So she took it out on the next person to send here a meme.

stop sending me zoom memes.jpg

Speaking of Zoom, we had a field service meeting yesterday, my first one and I really enjoyed it.  Someone made mention of JW.ORG and the memorial on the first opening page.  The person jumped in there and read the riot act from our Theocratic Organized Book.  "You cannot cut and past material from JW.ORG to your letters, that is a copy right issue!"   Other's were like, "Dah, we don't do that...".  Later I could tell the person was cool with me, that they stick to rules like bees to flowers.   Oh my Satan is busy using friends with a Pharisaic deposition.   Of course I forgave  the person, but I will never share anything loving or a image that is funny. I can't help it if the meme's I get about Toilet paper running out and hoarding is funny!  All kinds of silly jokes made about it, and it had no wicked thoughts behind them.  They did not come from a JW.false site.  There is Esty, Pinherst, and other meme's sites.  I think I can tell the difference between Apostate, and Jehovah's Truth!    You just want to make sure it does not offend people of any race.  The ones' I got were hysterical and to tell you friends, the video I sent today about the kids sending their love worldwide, was shared with another sister who was facing depression and a sister that I sent the video to, played it for  the sister.  She loved it, She snapped out of the depression and could see Jehovah's spirit behind those children.   She felt loved by the message from our little ones!  I bet someone sent this to one of the governing Body.  I doubt if those kids or parents got the riot act from the F&DS. 

9 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Oh my Satan is busy using friends with a Pharisaic deposition.

I know a lot of brothers and sisters, even those in positions of authority, that have a so-called "pharisaical disposition" - and I am using this in the context of one's who like to make rules for others where there are none. They may be overly cautious, overly strict, overly sensitive, reading too much into certain statements that have been published, etc - but in each and every case I do believe that they love and care for their fellow brothers and sisters, Jehovah's sheep, and are sincerely trying to look out for their interests. They may be blunt and domineering in their speech and personality, but I would never for once think that they are being used by Satan.

Remember, "love covers a multitude of sins" and for lovers of Jehovah, "nothing can make them stumble". (1 Peter 4:8, Psalms 119:165, see also Proverbs 10:12)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

3 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

I know a lot of brothers and sisters, even those in positions of authority, that have a so-called "pharisaical disposition" - and I am using this in the context of one's who like to make rules for others where there are none. They may be overly cautious, overly strict, overly sensitive, reading too much into certain statements that have been published, etc - but in each and every case I do believe that they love and care for their fellow brothers and sisters, Jehovah's sheep, and are sincerely trying to look out for their interests. They may be blunt and domineering in their speech and personality, but I would never for once think that they are being used by Satan.

Remember, "love covers a multitude of sins" and for lovers of Jehovah, "nothing can make them stumble". (1 Peter 4:8, Psalms 119:165, see also Proverbs 10:12)

Br. Bob, I agree, they do have a love for the truth.  It's just this system of things.  I don't hate the person, they are loved by Jehovah and me.  But you put it so nicely, "the so-called Pharisaical disposition" as for the rules for other where there are none.  It is what it is in this system.  But it won't be around for long!  Thank you for your encouraging words.   We are all trying to stay calm and not have a lot of anxiety.  It was kinda of unexpected with elder's conducting the field ministry and having someone blurt out "no you can't, read your organization book."  But thank you dear Br.

3 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Br. Bob, I agree, they do have a love for the truth.  It's just this system of things.  I don't hate the person, they are loved by Jehovah and me.  But you put it so nicely, "the so-called Pharisaical disposition" as for the rules for other where there are none.

That's why I cited those scriptures about love covering a multitude of sins and how nothing can make lovers of Jehovah stumble - because these are the things we can work on to fortify ourselves spiritually and maintain OUR balance. This way, when a well-meaning brother unintentionally discourages us, we can remain standing. In fact, when they are giving counsel, even that which goes beyond what is written, they're are trying to help us stand. Having us fall over is never their desire at all. 

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 3 months later...
On 3/26/2020 at 9:10 PM, New World Explorer said:

This forum is well monitored, no reason for concern...but if you notice something, please immediately report it to moderators. 

Just enjoy additional spiritual upbuilding and encouragement you receive her. :)

I enjoy this forum as long as it continues on spiritual topics.  My husband asked me if it bothered my conscience and I told him no.  What i have changed though is not spending to much time on it and focusing on my ministry and personal studies and family studies.   With this lockdown I feel I need to know how the friends are doing worldwide and how  can  we encourage one another.  Otherwise, I would have left a long time ago.  But, there are so many spiritual topics to pick from.  "its a banquet".  And, as has been mentioned before the moderators are watching us and most of all so is Jehovah!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 11:56 PM, Allabord4Jah said:

The person jumped in there and read the riot act from our Theocratic Organized Book.  "You cannot cut and past material from JW.ORG to your letters, that is a copy right issue!"   

I just want to point that you CAN do this. Read the terms of use at the bottom of the jw.org web site. A portion says:

What constitutes proper use? Subject to the restrictions set out below, you may:

View, download, and print Watch Tower’s copyrighted artwork, electronic publications, music, photos, text, or videos from this website for your own personal and non-commercial purposes.

We actually have a letter from the branch pointing this out because someone in the congregation wrote to them.

On 4/2/2020 at 1:20 PM, Allabord4Jah said:

Br. Bob, I agree, they do have a love for the truth.  It's just this system of things.  I don't hate the person, they are loved by Jehovah and me.  But you put it so nicely, "the so-called Pharisaical disposition" as for the rules for other where there are none.  It is what it is in this system.  But it won't be around for long!  Thank you for your encouraging words.   We are all trying to stay calm and not have a lot of anxiety.  It was kinda of unexpected with elder's conducting the field ministry and having someone blurt out "no you can't, read your organization book."  But thank you dear Br.

I went back to read the terms and license on JW.ORG.  And the other day, I was on YouTube and guess what I saw????  Our beautiful video of Nitta and Jade.  That upset me.  Because it was on YouTube, and not on JW.ORG, or the one in this forum. 

15 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

And the other day, I was on YouTube and guess what I saw????  Our beautiful video of Nitta and Jade.  

That is against the Terms.

You may not:

• Post artwork, electronic publications, trademarks, music, photos, videos, or articles from this website on the Internet (any website, file-sharing site, video-sharing site, or social network).

I did not post video from convention in this forum nor did I post it on YouTube.  Maybe I am reading this wrong but I feel like am being accused of something I did not do.  The you tube video from convention, I did not open it to watch!  It upset me that someone did put it on the world wide web.  Yes, I did wish that after convention, that JW.ORG, would perhaps put it in our videos for the ministry sometime in our near future.  But a person did put it in the forum, the complete video and I did watch it. I was not alone.  But rightfully so, it was removed.   

21 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Maybe I am reading this wrong but I feel like am being accused of something I did not do.

I don't see anyone accusing you of anything, so I think you might have misunderstood the comments. It is wrong to post copyright material but no one said that you were responsible or accountable for doing it.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

25 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

did not post video from convention in this forum nor did I post it on YouTube.  Maybe I am reading this wrong but I feel like am being accused of something I did not do

If that's because you got an Angry Face from @Mephibosheth I point out that just a few days ago in the Idolizing Personalities Thread he said about putting in an option for reddit like downticks

Mephiblsheth wrote

We hope that all the reactions are positive, that's why there isn't a down vote. The Angry reaction is generally used when something in the subject, like persecution, makes us angry.

So it wasn't an angry at you (on a side note, this is why I rarely use the angry face in case someone thinks I'm being angry at them). Full conversation is at

5 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:

So it wasn't an angry at you (on a side note, this is why I rarely use the angry face in case someone thinks I'm being angry at them)

I feel the same way but occasionally the material being discussed is upsetting. 

I noticed that I have issued 41 Angry faces and I have received 57 of them..🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 hours ago, Zebra555 said:

More this week to come in the Local needs part

Any chance of any sort of heads up on what's coming? I really don't enjoy when something is suddenly shown to us and while we're trying to process what was just said we suddenly get jumped by one's saying "This means you MUST do this and MUST NOT do that" while we're trying to work out what was actually said. (I remember the reactions after the last video).

1 minute ago, Hugh O'D said:

Any chance of any sort of heads up on what's coming

Our meeting is tonight and that part is in about 6.5 hours...😁

6 hours ago, Mephibosheth said:

I have received 57 of them..🤣

58....🤣

On 8/16/2020 at 12:23 PM, Qapla said:

as far as I know, the one that was posted in this forum was removed ... and should not have ended up on YouTube!

Maybe it came from utube..

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I’ve had a horrible experience because of my being here. I’m waiting for Jehovah to take care of it. It is hard to believe where some, yes, really faithful ones, get stuck. 
Last I knew it was a conscious matter.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!