JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Article Series: Memorials around the World.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1109 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

"This is the first of a series of articles for our Newsroom that will document how our brothers around the world observed the Memorial during the coronavirus pandemic. In this first article, we will consider how the Memorial was observed at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses and at the United States branch office."

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/global/2020-Memorial-Commemoration-United-States-Bethel-Facilities/

Old (Downunder) Tone

Mem1.jpg

Mem2.jpg

Edited by Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz

Add pics

Part 2 is up.
"In Davao City, Philippines, over 31,000 non-Witnesses linked in to one congregation’s Memorial commemoration. In obedience to governmental restrictions, the congregation was not able to meet together, so they held their observance via videoconference. The extraordinary turnout was the result of one young pioneer’s invitation."

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/philippines/2020-Memorial-Commemoration/

Old (Downunder) Tone

DaphaneJane.jpg

Edited by Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz

Add pic

"On the day of the Memorial, medical professionals, policemen, and high government officials were linked in to the meeting."

There is a "rumor" circulating here that the Mayor of that city as well as Mayor's father who is the President of this country also attended the memorial.

2020 Memorial Commemoration—Africa..

The 2020 Memorial of Christ’s death was unique in our theocratic history. For the first time, the Memorial program was broadcast on television and radio stations in several languages to numerous locations throughout Africa.

This initiative allowed over 407,000 publishers to view the Memorial program, in addition to an untold number of interested individuals. Although the total number of viewers is unknown, the population within the broadcast range exceeds 150 million

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/global/2020-Memorial-Commemoration-Africa/

Edited by My little flower

2020 Memorial Commemoration—JW.ORG

Activity on Our Official Website Reaches All-Time High

As the COVID-19 pandemic rages globally and Jehovah’s Witnesses intensify their activity during the Memorial season, an increasing number of people are turning to the jw.org website as a source of spiritual comfort, scriptural information, and news. In March, the volume of visitors to the website jumped more than 50 percent over the prior month and Bible study requests reached a new peak.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=702020236&srcid=share

4.5MillHits.png

Woww! Amazing response! But once the coronavirus calms down and things get back to normal, will these increases hold up? Will all those new Bible studies continue to progress? Only time will tell. But it has been a known fact that in times of particular trouble (ex: the World Trade Center attacks, the SARS and Ebola outbreaks, etc), more people look for answers than usual.

I'm sorry to say that, but it's history. Only those who are truly searching to know Jehovah will continue looking for him.

2020 Memorial Commemoration—United States

Memorial Talk Broadcast at Two Florida Detention Centers

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/united-states/2020-Memorial-Commemoration-United-States/
"Jehovah wanted these men to hear the Memorial talk.”

Edited by AndersonPerez

2020 Memorial Commemoration—International Photo Gallery
Our Worldwide Brotherhood Physically Separated, Yet United in Appreciation
https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/global/2020-Memorial-Commemoration-International-Photo-Gallery/

beautiful photos 🤗

No.

It is different. Here in Germany the whole family can sit together and one stranger can be a guest or a distance of 1.5 meters is kept.

In Sweden you can also meet other people privately. The Swedish government ignores Corona.

Maybe the brothers took pictures of their own families or they did it from the Bethel hallway.

Okay. Thank you for responding. But I was referring to these photos specifically. 

I do know of many ways these are done. I had the joy many moons ago of accompanying a Bethelite several times on photo ops. That is one reason these caught my attention. 

No.
It is different. Here in Germany the whole family can sit together and one stranger can be a guest or a distance of 1.5 meters is kept.
In Sweden you can also meet other people privately. The Swedish government ignores Corona.

Maybe the brothers took pictures of their own families or they did it from the Bethel hallway.

The Swedish government does not ignore corona. Right or wrong, they just listen to their experts.

We are allowed to meet in small groups unless we belong to any of the risk groups. Keeping distance is also a key.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”