JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1032 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 6/13/2020 at 1:16 AM, jwhess said:

.  It is a "light" tap that brings up the box with the icons in it.

On 6/13/2020 at 7:23 PM, Thesauron said:

Lightly press or click the paragraph or verse you wish to quote. A

What is this "light" touch? Shouldn't you say normal touch or click, or simple touch or click. as opposed to long touch or click? -- I just click on the § no and it works...

Unless you're referring to the 3D touch that exists only on certain ipad's and iphones...

It's great that if you copy and share from wol, when you click on the generated link it opens the publication on JWLibrary (if the pub is not downloaded it offers to download it on the spot)

Edited by jayrtom

On 6/27/2021 at 10:24 PM, jscotchie said:

There are different categories of marginal references in the study edition, but they are only applicable to the books of the Bible that have study notes. For example, in the Gospels, in addition to general references, you also have parallel account references and quotation references. (See the screenshot below) In books of the Bible that don’t have study notes, all the marginal references will appear under the “general” category. 

60D14A71-EDE1-4694-BC68-4AEA0105AAA4.thumb.png.0ab2a170bab2956b86e36accd8828900.png

C9E7F982-862E-4572-9F6A-EA55116078EF.thumb.png.3cf6eef9c083624bcaeb034e86538b1f.png

This is so cool, I never knew they were separated like this on jw.org 

6 hours ago, jwhess said:

Is this feature only available in the JW.ORG>Library version of the Bible?

I can't find this type of reference in JW Library app, WTL or WOL online.

Yes, it’s available in the JW Library app. Select the gem icon on verse 1 of a chapter, then you should see right up the top the link to marginal references. Tap on that and you will find they are separated into different categories.

DD3FBAD5-03B6-4A3D-B16D-375F44B4D25D.thumb.jpeg.3ac0a6fed74a7c66c86c2d6ddf261e88.jpeg

74857FAD-B6A0-4D1D-A4C6-BF4C6BC804E6.thumb.png.0edb87433aa9a5217ac5b0dcfd9633ee.png

3 hours ago, Donna said:

This is new for me:

Teaching brochure on jw.org with link to rhetorical questions, but not on wol.jw.org

You may still access the “definition” of rhetorical question on wol.jw.org by manually searching for it:

https://wol.jw.org/wol/finder?q=rhetorical+question&wtlocale=E

https://wol.jw.org/wol/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1001077370&srctype=wol&srcid=share

I wonder if these differences has anything to do with the long discussed “WOL merge to jw.org” or not.

1 minute ago, jscotchie said:

No, because Genesis doesn’t have study notes. If it did, it would. Presently this feature only applies for the books Matthew through to Colossians.

I can also confirm this is on WOL. Too lazy to try WTL.

Edited by Hinata